Does anybody like this game?

I think this is a great game and once again a great game gets am average score... This should have been at least a 7.0

Dont know what IGN were thinking giving this a 5.0! Just because they probably personally didnt like it... They always mark down on stealth games... Look at Tenchu Z and Assassins Creed... Both great games in my opinion.. But both recieved terrible scores..

And then GTA IV gets a straight 10!! WTF

That game nowhere near deserves a 10... Its a 8.5 at best.. Terrible texture pop ins... Countless glitches.. More than a handful of missions that are just plain frustrating and not fun... I found myself dragging through that game and as for replay value.. Bah!! Do all that again?! No thanks...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed it. I would rate it in the 7-8 area (but around the middle of that due to the AI crapness at times) and I found it a very solid stealth game. Oh wait, sorry, I'm talking about the first 10 levels.

The last two levels, without spoiling anything, dropped it down to a straight 6 for me. Never have I faced such POOR level design in terms of decisions on how to approach the last couple of levels. Stripping your weapons / morphine away for a while, cool, makes it harder. But then forcing you, when you get your weapons back, to shoot for two whole levels with some of the worst target reticules / shooting mechanics / overpowered enemy AI resulted in me absolutely HATING Velvet Assassin. I mean, come the hell on, snipers who can run whilst they shoot and hit you EVERY FRICKEN TIME, even behind rocks / trees. It's an absolute joke.

Why did they do that? Why did they take a stealth game, a very solid stealth game at that, and turn it on it's head into a fustrating pile of crap that if the whole game had been sold like that, it would have been lucky to get a 3.0. I have never hated a game developer more for ruining a good game. Appauling stuff.

I'll be playing a guided runthrough next for the last 7 cheevos I need after doing my own runthrough on Hard, and I look forward to the first 10 levels. But I tell you, those last 2 I will be dreading every level I get closer to them.

They did that for the last 2 levels because viollete ended up running from the germans and being hunted. It's how she met her demise. Technically this game gets classed as a shooter though which is weird. It's just part of the story that happened before she was caught.

It's a little annoying as the germans can wipe you out if your careful but i guess it add something different to the game towards the end though it's a real pain on the last level.

• 3 weeks later...
Yah the first 10 levels were pretty awesome I really enjoyed it but wtf was the last level about. I felt like I was playing cod5 zombie mode at the very end of the game facing waves of germans outside of the church, what a joke. I was going to replay the game on hard but seriously fuck that now i'm selling it.

That made me laugh, the end is a joke but it follows what happened to violette i guess. Hard really isn't that hard just need to keep an eye on your health you still die as fast so it's not that much of a challenge.

i actually don't mind it, to be honest i thought it would have been a bit better but from playing the first two missions it doesn't seem all that bad just have to get used to all the sneaking in it lol not used to it but yeah its not a bad game well worth the money in my opinion

I was not really a big fan of it. It had its good moments like the story line but, the problem for me was the aiming of the guns was really bad, which I know you really aren't meant to shoot that much but, for the last level it just made it that much harder.

I just finished this game with my full thousand. Beat the last two levels today on Agent first then did my Blitzkreig achievement and this is what I have to say:

The game was solid. I enjoyed myself for the first 10 levels. The run and gun bit at the end was crappy, mostly because the AI is stupid hard. I did find that if you wait around a corner that they will just march into your bullets. The poor gun mechanics ruined what was otherwise a very fun game. When I shoot someone in the head 3 times, I expect them to go down. Don't get me started on the crappy ending either.

Fun while it lasted, but not a keeper. I'd give it a 6.

I love this game. It is a fun game. Not the best game in the world but I really like it. Everybody I talk to says they hate it. Everybody complains about the checkpoints. It is supposed to be hard. They are just a bunch of little girls. This game is also very realistic. So am I the only one who likes this game?

Stop. Adding. So. Many. Periods. Please. Learn. How. To. Write. Fluently.

I really like the game. Not the best game but still quite fun, although going back for a collectible kinda sucks, but any its really fun. And Venomized likes it too, were playing through at the same time. He's already beat it since I had to go back for stupid missed collectibles.

• 1 month later...

So i'm thinking about getting this game I go for all around types of games so I read about the needed checkpoints & all that so if y'all would so kindly tell me if I should buy this or just skip on by. It would be best for who ever is going to reply to this hit me up on LIVE GT - Mindless Dogg

• 1 month later...

i'm liking this game alot.

the stealth is done well, many ways to get to the enemy but not too much. in Splinter Cell you can have thousand of gadgets which makes the game too easy some times.

VA requires you to think about situations more.

I would rate this game a 80+ if it wasn't for the crappy checkpoint-system and not being able to revisit a level for missed collectibles. So it's stuck on a 75/100

• 1 month later...

I loved the game!

It had an incredible atmosphere to it, I was comepletely immersed when playing it. Plus the gameplay was solid; I can't remember encountering any glitches or control issues at all.

Definately worth an 8/10

I really want a sequel but I know it's highly unlikely :(

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just picked this one up from GameFly today. It wasn't on the top of my list, but I'm actually really glad I got it. So far, I've only played through the first few levels, but I'm really enjoying it.

The fact that you can walk right in front of someone just because you're in a shadow is a little silly, but all stealth games suffer from this sort of thing from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...