The Loyalists achievement

Dont want to give away anything here. But what charactor, weapon and strategy did you use ?

lupo on casual, and it was still a pain in the ass. i unloaded the entire grenade launcher into him (well, almost the entire thing. 8 shots knocked him over, the other 2 probably did some damage, but weren't direct hits). after this, i used incindiary ammo with the heavy machine gun until he finally went down.

i tried for a half hour to melee kill him, and that was just bad news. i would hit him, but couldn't get the instakill out of it, and then eventually he would hit me back and he would get the instakill on me. avoid getting close at all costs.

also, be aware than when he gets lit on fire, he does NOT stop shooting at you like a normal enemy does. you want to always be behind cover if you aren't firing something that will knock him off his feet. (as far as the zombies go, i ran into the room and got behind the close cover to get the zombies to spawn, and then ran right out and let him wipe out what didn't follow me out.)

vector on casual with the MOB special found in the chest [since I didnt have enough for the samurai edge at that time] stood on the train car that splits both sides and just kept taking pot shots at him for what felt like an hour getting ammo form the chest when needed

Edited by ThousandLegs01

• 2 weeks later...

Use anyone, really. Just kill your teammates first, obviously, with the MOB Special, and use the healing spray where you start if needed. I would advise not to take Bertha on this mission because she will heal both of your opponents once. Then just go take the sniper rifle on the right before Leon, run back to the last piece of cover before his location, and take cover. NONE of his grenades will touch you, because they will all fall in front of your cover. Each time he pops his head, pop his head. The end. Lupo is better because of her +50% damage, obviously, but anyone can wield a sniper and fire at 20 meters with it :)

did this today... Bertha and Vector where easy... knocked them down very quick, but then Leon for a wounded ennemie(from the story cinematic) was sure resistant as hell even on casual...

At least if you go for a pro run or whatever, you can choose the other option.... but damn i was surprise to see him take so much damage...

Anyway i think the end was a bit rushed and suck for me personally. Obviously the right ending is the one where Leon live... of course, but i wished there would had been something before your partners turn on you, like i dunno... dialogue, even between leon and you, there is like nothing... he just says "why your doing this, money, umbrella?" then you choose what you want and thats it... i would had like something like Leon and Claire convincing you, your partners going in the oposite direction and a cinematic fight starting before the real thing.... I guess the ending is pretty much like the rest of the campaign... straight forward and lacking details... had fun doing it nontheless, mostly because like this campaign is almost a huge eater egg to the old schools fan...

I did this single player playing as Spectre, with Vector, Beltway and Bertha in my squad. To be honest, getting through the trainyard and into the room was a bigger pain in the ass than scoring the kill against the target.

The team was split up, don't know how it was worked out, but I was teamed up with Vector and Bertha and Beltway decided to protect the target. I had the heavy machinegun, and used that from the raised platform at the start to take out B & B, while Vector just minced around and did his own thing. Then I went down into the main area, killed the xombies, and swapped out my machine gun for the scoped rifle. Then I sat back, just behind the carriage in the middle of the room, out of the blast radius of the grenades, and sniped him, reloading from the crate behind me when needed. Didn't take too long, either, and he didn't actually hit me.

I did this single player playing as Spectre, with Vector, Beltway and Bertha in my squad. To be honest, getting through the trainyard and into the room was a bigger pain in the ass than scoring the kill against the target.

The team was split up, don't know how it was worked out, but I was teamed up with Vector and Bertha and Beltway decided to protect the target. I had the heavy machinegun, and used that from the raised platform at the start to take out B & B, while Vector just minced around and did his own thing. Then I went down into the main area, killed the xombies, and swapped out my machine gun for the scoped rifle. Then I sat back, just behind the carriage in the middle of the room, out of the blast radius of the grenades, and sniped him, reloading from the crate behind me when needed. Didn't take too long, either, and he didn't actually hit me.

This is correct