Waiting for this game

Wow, there's a board for this game! Anyway, I've been waiting for this game for years, despite the lack of any screens and the scarcity of information on it. Since the DOA creator has left Team Ninja, does anyone thing that this game will still go through?

I still have some hope...and I think the game could potentially be better without that guy. I can see the game as being less "impossibly and sadistically hardcore" and more..."fun." Which would be great, since the balancing of the two from Team Ninja has been off for a while now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hate to say it, but when Itigaki left, and took half of Team Ninja with him, the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series pretty much died.

It's sad, really. Dead or Alive was always a top contender in fighting games, and with Tekken 6 coming out, had DoA 5 come out this winter, it would have been a win-win for fans.

Oh well. Here's to all the bounciness that never will be.

• 10 months later...

Sad to say, but with Itagaki no longer at the helm even if they do make more DOA and NG games, it just won't be the same. He had the magic touch and that's part of what made these games so amazing.

I was always curious about how this game would play out too. An XYZ action game (Ninja-Gaiden Style) starring all of the DOA ninja's and other DOA characters and showcasing the 'current events' occurring in the DOA series (unlike NG, which acts more like a prequel and a side-story to the DOA series.) Would've been awesome being able to play as Kasumi and actually explore large portions of the world. Would be even better if it took an Assassin's Creed Approach in level design. Open-ended cities and forests to perform all of your acrobatic moves and ninja attacks. So much potential wasted T_T

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...