All issues you have with X1

otaking live

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You don't get a notification for a friend coming online.

2) No way to view download progress or HDD space.

3) friend feed is shit and should be removed

4) No auto sign in without Kinect

5) new system for achievements is crap

I completely agree with all of the above as well as what I said earlier about needing the guide back.

My biggest issue is the fact installing games is pain. Took over 1 hour to update the console, FIFA toon 3 hours to install then 30 minutes to do FIFA update, Not even played a game yet. & I still have 3 other games to install.

Sounds a lot like that's not the consoles fault but your connection sucks...the console update was really small, I've had no issues with installation and updating.

No Guide button is a big NO for me. Things take too long now, checking my friends should take two seconds, not 30seconds!

Kinect is not good enough and they should have sold it to people who want and "need" it, because I don't need or want it :p

The Day One Controller keeps disconnecting and is unplayable without the cord. It is driving me insane :mad: Checked the Ms forums and alot of people have this issue, but come on, shit like this should have been fixed long ago.

They say it is because of other wireless equipment, but Ms didn't think that the X1 was going to be alone in the living room did they :confused:

The dashboard is a mess, and the games section needs to be fixed. Don't know how to find demoes, arcade etc...

No Guide button is a big NO for me. Things take too long now, checking my friends should take two seconds, not 30seconds!

Kinect is not good enough and they should have sold it to people who want and "need" it, because I don't need or want it :p

The Day One Controller keeps disconnecting and is unplayable without the cord. It is driving me insane :mad: Checked the Ms forums and alot of people have this issue, but come on, shit like this should have been fixed long ago.

They say it is because of other wireless equipment, but Ms didn't think that the X1 was going to be alone in the living room did they :confused:

The dashboard is a mess, and the games section needs to be fixed. Don't know how to find demoes, arcade etc...

There are currently no demos. They did away with the arcade differentiation. All games are just games now.

It doesn't take anywhere near 30 seconds, and there is a button to go to the dashboard where everything is easily and quickly accessible, or you could go directly to what you want via Kinect. Why would we need some ugly laggy guide like the 360 had?

It doesn't take anywhere near 30 seconds, and there is a button to go to the dashboard where everything is easily and quickly accessible, or you could go directly to what you want via Kinect. Why would we need some ugly laggy guide like the 360 had?

Is there a command to go directly to your friends or followers list?

Never had any lag with guide, so no problem there.

30 seconds was exaggeration ofcourse :p

I miss the musicplayer, can't find it :( Kinda like listening to the music I want when I play, but I guess those days are over.

Is there a command to go directly to your friends or followers list?

Xbox Go to Friends launches your friends list. Not sure about followers.

Anyone having issues with Kinect voice tracking? When I say Xbox On or Xbox Off, nothing happens.

Xbox Turn Off is how you turn it off, not sure why Xbox On isn't working for you unless you turned it all the way off and not to standby mode? Maybe that's why or is it supposed to work when fully off too?

Firstly there are a lot more positives than negatives, overall I am very happy, but I'm gonna nitpick for this thread:

- I hate the new dash, yes it will take time to get used to it, but that doesn't derail from the fact it's ugly and overcomplex for the simplest tasks. Luckily Pins works well and counters this, I've thrown everything in there for now.

- Although I have nothing but praise for Kinect 2, the fact it's almost shoved down my throat all the time in games and on the dash is over the top. Code Redemption however is amazing feature I really appreciate.

- Auto Sign In without Kinect, why can't we do this? It's just stupid.

- Friends Feed - I hate Facebook, I hate Twitter, and I hate this feed shit.

- Friend Online Notification...why remove this?

- Open Parties...gonna make boosting loads of fun...

- HDMI In DTS, 5.1 and PCM still in BETA, wtf?

- Having to disable UI Navigation in games otherwise it unpauses the game everytime you fart.

- Game installation, yes we knew it was happening, yes it happened, and yes its still annoying, call me old fashioned but I'm happy running off disc, never installed games on 360 unless forced.

- Gamesaves tucked away, I hate not having control over my saves, I can't even back them up, I have to trust MS and the shitty cloud to have my back, hopefully they change this down the line with the inevitable external HDD / USB patch.

- External Storage, as above, nothing works yet.

- Achievement browsing...takes years

- Controller is too light and feels cheap, trigger vibrations are cool when you expect them, but when you don't you keep looking down to see wtf your pads doing...will get used to this, just not used to certain parts that have never vibrated before....vibrating...no vibrating jokes please.

- No Wireless Mic - No Chatpad

- Fear of opening an App incase it adds achievements to your card (Is this only me and my OCD?)

- Discs on the left in the boxes...now this I admit is petty, but really fucking annoys me lol.

- Kinect Voice Recognition possibly over sensitive and too trusting to other people in the house...I'm sick of my girlfriend shouting XBOX Go Home, or XBOX Off, when I am playing, it should listen to me not her, she thinks its funny, it's not!!!

- I hate the new dash, yes it will take time to get used to it, but that doesn't derail from the fact it's ugly and overcomplex for the simplest tasks. Luckily Pins works well and counters this, I've thrown everything in there for now.

The dashboard is overly simple, and has very little on it, and is very easy to get anywhere in 2-3 seconds. Where or how is it complex? Because I am just not seeing it lol :D

Hi issue I have is that I have to log in profile every single time but u have told Kinect to start up when I talk but im not about this password thing.What I don't like is that looks to much like windows 8 lol a pain the ass guess I have to get used to dashboard etc etc:) other that im happy with console but it is to big I hope they make a slim next year and smaller power box as it crazy big like a brick.Thank you/

p.s How do I save my games to cloud ? as I see something called skydrive but it say's it for photos.I know there hard drive but I like cloud better also I don't know to access the hard drive on dashboard and I cant find download history.

And u cant submit player reviews also u cant see the list like 360 where u have played people on multi-player.Also I can see my friend's list but can see what friends he has on is list I understand it day 3 and there will be updates and what evet I do think it is a shame if u own a 360 as u cant buy Forz5 or DR3 im sure some people will agree/

• No notifications for friends signing in

• No way to view content on the HDD,Clear cache,etc.

• No download history

• No auto sign in without Kinect

• No controller or vibration settings

• No volume and voice control (Play voice through speakers/headset)

• Parties are glitchy (After inviting a friend and leaving the party there is a notification for the friend joining the party)

• Hard to quickly view achievements (The tiles only have the name and date earned, not the description, but have plenty of room for all the information without clicking on the achievement.

• Avatar app doesn't work (Probably will get fixed soon)

• Bumpers on the controller are sometimes difficult to press

• The left stick on the controller hurts after a few minutes (It may be the way I put my thumb on the stick, but it seems really sharp and the texture feels like sandpaper)

• Can only view achievements on the SmartGlass app or from the Xbox One (Cannot view achievements on Xbox.com)