Founder Status FAQ - Please Read Before Posting!

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/Founder.jpg

Ok so alot of threads have popped up all day about the Founder status for the Elite Service. So I think its a good idea to have all the information in one thread so nobody needs to make a new one. Deal?

Right first off this is from callofduty.com/support

There are two ways to become a Call of Duty ELITE Founder.

1. Any users who activate a Premium Call of Duty ELITE account by November 13, 2011 will automatically be granted Founder's status. You can do this by purchasing Call of Duty ELITE via your console marketplace, a participating retailer or via the Call of Duty ELITE membership token code found in the MW3 Hardened Edition. To activate the token code please see the instructions below.

2. Any user who has a Founder card found in the MW3 Hardened Edition can also redeem the code found on the back of that card to receive Founder status after the November 13, 2011. This code can be redeemed at callofduty.com/founder at a later date, If you own the MW3 Hardened Edition and activate your premium subscription token by November 13th, you do not need to activate your Founder code.

Please note: It may take up to 48 hours to receive your Founder status. Founders can identify their status by the existence of a green skull icon next to their gamertag or console ID on Call of Duty ELITE.

To redeem a PSN token please do the following:

1. Under "PlayStation Network" in the XMB, select "Account Management"

2. In the next menu, select "Redeem Codes"

3. Three input boxes will appear. Your voucher code will consist of 3 sets of 4 characters, Like this:

ABCD-1234-5678

Enter the code into the three boxes. Voucher Code input is not case sensitive.

4. Once entered, select "Continue".

5. Your ELITE subscription should be listed. Download and install it to activate your subscription.

To redeem a Xbox Live token please do the following:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE with the account for which you want to use the prepaid code.

2. Press the Guide button on your controller.

3. Go to the Marketplace area, and then select Redeem Code.

4. Enter the 25-character prepaid code and select Done.

5. Choose Yes, to confirm the redemption.

6. Your ELITE subscription should begin downloading.

So what does this mean you ask? Well let me tell you (If you cant grasp it from the post)

Anybody who purchases Elite Premium before the 13th will automatically become a Founder. Anybody after the 13th who wishes to become a Founder will have to buy the Hardened Edition of the game.

You do NOT have to input any codes into callofduty.com to recive Founder status unless as stated you purchase the Hardened Edition after the 13th. This means that little Founder card and its code is NOT needed if you sign up for Elite Premium before the 13th, its useless.

So just buy Elite from the Marketplace or redeem your Elite Token from your Hardened Edition (Found on the back of the little booklet) sit pretty and wait for your Founder status to be added.

Hope this clears up some confussion members are having with Founder Status and the Hardened Edtions Founder Code.

Exclusives/Extras you get for becoming a "Founder"

Unique founder weapon camo.

Exclusive founder in-game titles.

Exclusive founder Call Of Duty Elite profile skin.

Access to the private "Founder" group.

Special founder clan XP boost.

Special founder operations & events.

Exclusive founder prizes & experiences.

Taken from the "Founder" booklet found in the Hardened Edition.

Founders get 28 online vault slots vs the regular 8, not sure of this is for having Founder Status or Elite Premium. Also Elite Premium members can upload upto 1 minute of gameplay (From Theater)

Updates regarding Elite:

UPDATE 1:

ELITE has been shut down temporarily by Beachhead Studios who cited such a high demand for the service that they couldn't keep up. Below is statement from Beachhead.

Registration requests for our new live service Call of Duty ELITE are exceeding even our most optimistic expectations, which is creating a bottleneck and some players have not been able to register. We have already registered hundreds of thousands of players and we are working around the clock to increase our capacity as quickly as possible.
They also recently tweeted that they are increasing the server capacity to meet the high traffic.

UPDATE 2:

Ok so it looks like the Elite serivce is starting to come back online (Slowly but surely) Ive had multiple confirmations (Including myself) that the Elite service can be accessed from the Xbox360 App but the website www.callofduty.com/elite still seems to be down. For the service being down Sledgehammer have extended the Founder sign ups untill the end of the month and have also promised Elite Premium members an extra month Elite on top of there subscription for the down time.

Sledgehammer have also started rolling out the Elite & Founder Titles & Emblems, the Exclusive founder weapon camo Winter & 2x XP for 2 hours (To Elite Premium members & Founders only obviously) You can check if your Elite Premium and a Founder by checking to see if you have the Red (Elite Premium and Green (Founder) skulls next to your GT/PSN ID on your Elite carrer summary.

Remember to get these you need to confirm your Email when you sign upto Elite and link your Gamertag/PSN ID.

Here are the Elite & Founder Titles & Emblems. Founder are the top ones.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1527&pictureid=13525

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1527&pictureid=13526

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/titleemblems.jpg

UPDATE 3:

Ok so this will probally be the last update regarding Elite & Founder for this thread. Founder status has been given out now to most people who signed up within the first week of the games release, indicated by a green skull next to your Gamertag/PSN ID (I know people are having problems though) Elite is up and running on both Console App and on callofduty.com (Still slow for some but better than not having it)

If you still havn't recived your Founder please wait untill the end of the month as Sledgehammer apparantly extended Founder status qualification untill the end of the month, maybe you shall recive it then. If not then go flood there support page with complaints/questions you want the answers for.

Update 4:

Aparantly the last update wasn't the last update >.<

So Sledgehammer have been having ongoing problems with Elite & Founder and have extended (Again) the Founder sign up till the 13th of December. Remember if you have the Hardened Edition you can still claim Founder Status after the 13th with your Founder Status card found in your Hardened Edition.

Edited by Genesis x360a

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I redeemed the code on the dashboard and confirmed the subscription but it DID NOT begin download automatically. What do I do? Just download the free version? :S

Im not sure. Your best bet would be to go over to http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home2.php

And sumbit a question or ring the customer service.

Anybody who purchases Elite Premium before the 13th will automatically become a Founder. Anybody after the 13th who wishes to become a Founder will have to buy the Hardened Edition of the game.

I knew it. Thank you for clearing that part up! People were telling me you HAD to pre order it to get the founder status. I shall direct those fools right here.

Right now, the Elite Service is down and you can't redeem the code. It's really annoying because they only give you till the 13th to get the "Founders" status.

Did you not read the post?

If you bought the Hardened Edition, the code on Founder card cannot be used until after the 13th. That's because everyone that buys Elite, or redeems the 1 year subscription through the Xbox Marketplace before the 13th will automatically become a founder, regardless of whether they have the Hardened Edition or not. The card is there in case you buy the Hardened edition after the 13th.

Download the Elite App on the 360.

H.E Buyers: Redeem the 25 digit code for your 1 year subscription.

Normal Copy: Buy a 1 year membership before the 13th from the Marketplace.

Wait 48 hours for Founder Status.

Edited by i NatrlKilla i

What I want to know is, if you have a hardened edition and enter your premium subscription code before the 13th, can someone else use the Founder code? In theory you should be able to but I guess I won't know for sure until after the 13th.

Edited by BluWolve

This isn't really 'everything about founder status' is it. Most people want to see pictures of the exclusive camo and emblem and you haven't put them in the thread

There always one isn't there. The Camo & Emblem hanv't been released yet. Nobody other than Devs know what they are. If they release them when they update everybody to Founder status then I will post a screen cap of them.

Maybe you should search around before you blindly post and instead of being that guy why dont you help out your fellow community and have a look around to see if you could find them?? Because I did and couldn't find any pictures of the Camo or Emblem.

If I was willing to lend a guess I would probally say the Emblem will be the green Founder skull & probally a dark greenish Snake or Hex camo maybe...?

What I want to know is, if you have a hardened edition and enter your premium subscription code before the 13th, can someone else use the Founder code? In theory you should be able to but I guess I won't know for sure until after the 13th.

I was thinking this also. Guess we wont know till the 14th. No harm in trying though when it comes to it.

Wait,

So can I buy the founder status (callsign and camo etc etc) from the Xbox Live Marketplace and just buy the standard game from a shop?

Yes if you buy the standard edition and buy a premium subscription before the 13th of November you will get Founder status. Please read the original post. Sorry if I come across as rude, but all my friends are asking the same questions over and over without even trying to work it out for themselves, then getting angry when it is not working for them. Damn CoD players haha :p

Edited by BluWolve

i put in the 1 year subscription before i signed up to cod elite is that ok because im worried i messed it up by doing that and wont get my years subscription and founder :(

I would imagine it should be fine mate, but I can not guarantee it. I would suggest registering and then come back here to let people know what happens.