WORTH the 800PTS?

CPT MOONBEAM

I would have to say this game is not worth it. I really had high hopes that this game was going to be a great XBL Arcade title. I bought it yesterday and am not having fun playing this game so far. I think this game is good proof that games that I thought were cool 10 years ago are not necessarily cool now. I just feel like I have no control over my vehicle and the damn AI steals all the repair wrenches. Stay away from this game unless you are looking for a disappointing experience.

I also bought it straight away, but I really like it. Yes, the physics are a bit weird (as mentioned with the 'moon gravity') but I found that so long as you switch the controls back to 'Classic V8', you get a lot better experience out of it. The weird gravity doesn't go away, but it feels a lot better to handle.

Sure the new controls match todays racing/driving games, but they don't feel right. Stick to classic and it's all good! :)

It's worth saying though that it's not a game you can play for hours on end in my opinion - a few levels in one sitting while you're having a time out from another game is the ideal, but then isn't that the same with the majority of XBLA titles? (Duke Nukem & Castle Crashers excluded!)

;1298675']It's worth saying though that it's not a game you can play for hours on end in my opinion - a few levels in one sitting while you're having a time out from another game is the ideal' date=' but then isn't that the same with the majority of XBLA titles? (Duke Nukem & Castle Crashers excluded!)[/quote']

Yer I find that there are not many good arcade games except a few and I have purchased most of them. And there is nothing else worth 800 msp on the marketplace.

;1298675']

It's worth saying though that it's not a game you can play for hours on end in my opinion - a few levels in one sitting while you're having a time out from another game is the ideal, but then isn't that the same with the majority of XBLA titles? (Duke Nukem & Castle Crashers excluded!)

I agree. I must have played castle crashers for about a week straight with no sleep when if first came out. That is by far the best XBLA game to come out yet. After this disappointment with V8, I think I will really have to evaluate my Arcade purchases more closely. I am just wondering if I want to go back and grind out some of the achievements....

I purchased the game yesterday and I was somewhat disappointed. I love the HD revamp on the graphics, but the controls are bad. I just hate it when your vehicle flips over!:mad: I also forgot how short the game was too. If I wasn't busy looking for those Alien tokens, I would have finish the game much quicker. I guess that's why the achievements are to have you finish the game with each character.:rolleyes:

I still prefer Twisted Metal ANY DAY.;)

I purchased the game yesterday and I was somewhat disappointed. I love the HD revamp on the graphics, but the controls are bad. I just hate it when your vehicle flips over!:mad: I also forgot how short the game was too. If I wasn't busy looking for those Alien tokens, I would have finish the game much quicker. I guess that's why the achievements are to have you finish the game with each character.:rolleyes:

I still prefer Twisted Metal ANY DAY.;)

The alien tokens were such an annoyance, especially when you get down to around 18 or 19 out of 20 in a level and it just becomes a tedious task of "did I break this yet". The payoff is great though, Y the Alien is such a cheap character. :p

(PS: I submitted a rather in-depth achievement guide to the Submission forum for everyone looking for some pointers. Save for the 10 MP wins achievement I have the other 11 unlocked. I'm a V8 pro, haha.)

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it depends on what you're wanting to play it for. If you're looking solely for the achievements, this is one of the easier 200/200 titles on XBLA, in my opinion. If you're looking for nostalgia factor, then it's a no-brainer, even if a bit pricey. If you're interested in just trying out the game for the first time, and don't really care about getting the achievements? I would say at that point 800 becomes a bit steep.

• 2 weeks later...
wished they would do a carmageddon 2000?

Don't get me started on that game. I still play Carmageddon 1 and 2 on my computer to this day. ;)

I'm very pleased with this game. I played all these types of games back in the day. Carmageddon, Vigilante 8, Twisted Metal were completly up my alley, and they still are to this day. The "moon physics" can get a bit annoying, but thats how it was back in the older games as well and I would rather have them make it exactly like the older games then try to change it.

Edited by Jgallstar1

• 4 weeks later...

I have absolutely no problems with the moon gravity.

I like twisted and carmageddon too, but vigilante 8 is still my favorite.

I think it realy worth the 800ms point. Its exactly like the first vigilante 8, with some changes. Better gameplay with weapons. Combos. More easy to do charged attacks.

For me its one of the best game on the xbla.