Achievement Guide and Roadmap

ThePumpkinKing

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 DLC "Revelations" Achievement Guide & Roadmap

(Copyright: This guide is property of myself and x360a.org only. It may not be re-produced outside of the site without expressed permission.)

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10

- Offline: 10/10 (250:gsicon:)

- Online: 0/0 (0)

- Approximate amount of time to 250:gsicon:: 2-4 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (One at any difficulty, one at "Prince of Darkness" difficulty

- Number of missable achievements: 0 (After completing the main story, you are free to roam the areas you previously visited)

- Do cheat codes disable achievements? Yes - The Konami Code works here the same as it does in the main game. But using the cheats it unlocks disable saving and the ability to unlock achievements

- Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

- Glitchy achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Content Price? $7.99

Introduction:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 "Revelations" is sadly, Mercury Steam's final offering in the Castlevania/Lords of Shadow franchise. It serves as a prequel of sorts to the main game where you play as Alucard. Though it's filled with story spoilers and should only be played after completing the main campaign.

Play through on Twilight Knight/Creature of the Night/Lord of Shadow:

For your first play through, you'll want to enjoy the story while getting familiar with the game. Focus on getting familiar with the content, Alucard's combat style, and how it differs from Gabriel's. As opposed to a whip, as he used in Mirror of Fate, Alucard now uses the Crissaegrim. Which, in addition to it's standard form, has two additional forms: Igneas, and Glaciem. Fire and Ice. It is the only weapon he uses, and plays very similarly to Gabriel's Void Sword. This play through will also be the perfect opportunity to easily unlock every achievement with the exception of Heir of Darkness.

Play Through on Prince of Darkness Difficulty:

Now that you're familiar with the DLC, and have likely unlocked all but the final difficulty achievement, it's time to start your second playthrough. Choose New Game+ from the pause menu under Extras. All of your character upgrades (Health, Igneas, Glaciem) will carry over, as well as any soldier diaries you've collected. Just in case you missed something on the first run. And, as with the main game, any experience points spent on skills will be refunded.

The goal here will basically be to run through this difficulty as quickly as possibly. Skipping all cutscenes, and any battles that can be avoided.

Conclusion:

"Revelations" is DLC that does a great job of answering some questions fans of the game might have had. In addition to bringing a completely unique new fighting style into the mix. Not to mention the second area, The Forbidden Wing is a fantastically designed, incredibly atmospheric level that shows very effectively how tortured Gabriel was after he fell into darkness. Overall, the achievements should pose no problem for anyone that has played the main story of Lords of Shadow 2.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/At/gD/1ICLiGJhbC9FCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzMxAAAAAOfn5-ss2B4=.jpg Heir of Darkness - 50:gsicon:

Complete "Revelations" at "Prince of Darkness" difficulty.

This really isn't as hard as it sounds. By now, you've collected all of the upgrades. You know exactly what to do to get through the DLC as quickly as possible. And if you follow my advice for farming XP (see the Path of the Wolf achievement for details), you'll have a full arsenal of moves at your disposal. Just remember to skip the fights you can. Use your magic and relics liberally, as there are plenty of shrines and breakable items littered throughout all areas that you'll visit. And make good use of the dodge button. Whether for dodging or for sync blocks.

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/t9/Ei/1oCLiGJhbC9GCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-kN0as=.jpg Fine Nose - 50:gsicon:

Find all the Secret Boxes and Soldiers' Diaries in "Revelations".

There are a total of 23 items to collect for this achievement: 15 "secret boxes". 5 Health Boxes, 5 Igneas Boxes, 5 Glaciem Boxes, and 8 Soldier Diaries. The order they can be found in is as follows:

Overlook Tower:

Life Secret Box - Immediately upon reaching the castle, you'll cross a bridge. As you're crossing, you'll be prompted to switch to your "Bat Cloud" form. Instead, continue into the room at the end of the bridge to find it.

Soldier Diary "Alec's Fear" - Backtrack and use the "Bat Cloud" until you've reached a third ledge to stand on (it should be just underneath a ledge with a gargoyle). Now aim toward that ledge and use the cloud to teleport up to reach it.

Soldier Diary "Morian's Door" - After reaching the wooden platforms, head to your right, all the way to to what would normally be the transitional room of the area if you were playing as Gabriel (The circular room with the iced over door) to find it.

Soldier's Diary "Indignant Arnold" - Head back on the intended path toward Gabriel's map room. The door will be sealed. But near it you will find the next diary.

Igneas Secret Box - After using "Timeless Vision" for the first time, and acquiring the "Spectral Wolf" form, turn around and head back to the beginning of the bridge. On your right hand side, you'll see a ledge and a secret box. Jump over using the wolf to collect it.

Glaciem Secret Box - Continue along the path to the left of the locked door the Jailers entered. After warping up the the first ledge, turn right and warp down to find your first Glaciem upgrade.

Soldier Diary "Sir Francis's Invitation" - Warp back and continue on until you see a giant bell on your right. Underneath it to the right you'll find the diary.

Soldier Diary "Sir Thomas' Last Dance" - Upon entering the Ballroom, immediately turn right to find the diary.

Igneas Secret Box - After using timeless vision in the ballroom (with the shield) to destroy both doors, head into the left, turn left, and warp up to find the box.

Glaciem Secret Box - Now head to the opposite door, turn right, warp up and use timeless vision again to find the box.

Soldier Diary "Angry Sir Rolfe" - Immediately after entering the main area where the jailers took the keys from, head forward and slightly left to find it to the left of the locks.

Igneas Secret Box - After clearing the two lower rooms of jailers and reaching the third floor, head to the right (above the room that required timeless vision to reach) and use your spectral wolf form to jump through the bars. Over to the box, and back.

Glaciem Secret Box - Now head to the opposite side, to the broken elevator shaft and climb to the top. Once you're there, drop straight down. To your right will be the box.

Life Secret Box - From the last box, turn around and warp to the upper ledge on the pillar with bat cloud, warp to the next point and drop down. Finally, switch to spectral wolf to reach the box.

Forbidden Wing:

Life Secret Box - Upon entering the Forbidden Wing, you'll be in a large room with two balconies on either side of you. Facing your objective, look up to the right balcony. The railing is broken and a warp point lies above it. Use it to the reach the box.

Life Secret Box - After defeating the Bloody Skeletons, use the wheel to open the gate to the next room and head to the left. Turn around after reaching the top of the stairs. Use bat cloud to warp up to the box.

Soldier Diary "Chief Adrian's Diary" - After climbing out of the chaos room and avoiding the ambush by vampires and harpies, you'll again have to crank open another door. Head in and it'll be right in front of you.

Glaciem Secret Box - After lowering the blood level in the next room, you'll need to use a combination of timeless vision, bat cloud, and sprectral wolf to reach the next device. Once you've reached it, look up and to the right to find this box.

Igneas Secret Box - After using the next urn to remove all the blood from the room, head back to the room where you used timeless vision by warping up to the ledge. Underneath the broken switch is an alcove with the box inside.

Soldier Diary "Karl's Weariness" - After raising the level back up twice, you'll make your way to a long drop. At the very bottom is the final diary.

Life Secret Box - After retrieving the diary, look back up the shaft for a warp point. Use it to retrieve the final life upgrade.

Glaciem Secret Box - In the next room, head to the back left through the door and keep an eye toward the ceiling for a hole with a warp point. Use it to reach the final Glaciem upgrade.

Igneas Secret Box - Drop back down and head forward into the hole on your right for the final Igneas upgrade.

CLICK HERE for a video guide courtesy of Predni.

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/WX/ip/0YCLiGJhbC8VCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzNhAAAAAOfn5-6GeEU=.jpg Art Dealer - 20:gsicon:

Collect all the artwork in "Revelations".

Smash everything you come across. Every piece of furniture, tables, chairs, candlesticks. Everything. Eventually, you'll end up with 93% of the total amount of artwork. The last 6% can only be obtained after defeating the final boss. Once you've done this, I'd suggest returning to the Forbidden Wing via the Navigator. Smash everything in the room. If you're lucky, you'll find one of the two remaining pieces of art. If you do, simply teleport to another area and then back to the forbidden wing. Eventually, the last piece will show up, and the achievement will unlock.

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/JC/nC/14CLiGJhbC9HCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzMzAAAAAOfn5-jtKTg=.jpg The Path of the Wolf - 20:gsicon:

Acquire all the Crissaegrim's combat skills and upgrades in "Revelations".

For this achievement, it isn't enough to simply master the sword itself. you'll need to purchase and upgrade every move available. Even after actually mastering the Crissaegrim. To do this, you'll need approximately 15,000 exp. I've found that the best way to do this early on is to, like the art dealer achievement, smash everything. Doing so increase the odds of you finding random experience points. A good place to farm is the area with the three jailers. After you've cleared the room closest to the entrance (that you need the bat swarm to reach), just keep transitioning back and forth between the two areas. Each time heading up to the room you fought the jailer in. Each time you return, the furniture will respawn. And smashing it not only nets you extra experience, but it's also a good way to stock up on relics and artwork.

0oCLiGJhbC9ACRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAOfn5-1PwsE=.jpg Crissaegrim Master - 30:gsicon:

Increase the Mastery Level of the Crissaegrim to the maximum in "Revelations".

This is relatively easy to do on lower difficulties. Focus on one skill at a time. Once you've mastered it, transfer the mastery to the Crissaegrim. Try to focus on using the skills that gain you the most experience gains per hit (the default skills, the sync-blocks, etc.) and you can have this achievement as early as the area with the three jailers that you need to reclaim the keys from.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/Tj/qA/04CLiGJhbC9BCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAOfn5-yvOlI=.jpg Butcher - 10:gsicon:

Kill an enemy with the Ballroom's saw in "Revelations".

This will be the second achievement you unlock. Once you've entered the guest house and cleared the first trap room using the "spectral wolf" form, you'll come to a ballroom. In the center, there's an object that you can use "timeless vision" on. After using it in conjunction with the shield to open the path forward, press the button to open the door. 3 Vampires will appear. Now, simply lure them onto (or freeze them on) the track and activate "timeless vision" again to kill them and unlock the achievement.

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/+z/Oh/0YCLiGJhbC9CCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAOfn5-6OM+c=.jpg Not Again... - 10:gsicon:

Find "those" annoying characters from Alucard's past in "Revelations".

This will be the first achievement you earn in the game. Shortly after using the "timeless vision" ability for the first time, you'll trigger a cutscene that shows a group of jailers and minions heading into a house that looks heavily designed by the Toy Maker. They lock the door behind them, so you'll need to use your "bat swarm" to climb up to the left and over the top. Eventually you'll come to a very large bell. Take note of it as you teleport to a lone post that leads to a side entrance to the building. While on that post, look back up at the top of the bell to see two hunchbacks (originally found in Mirror of Fate) hacking away at the ropes of the bell with a saw. Wait until the camera focuses in on them and the achievement will unlock.

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS:

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/4m/qE/0oCLiGJhbC8SCBtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzJmAAAAAOfn5-2rav4=.jpg Freezing Void - 20:gsicon:

Recover the Void Relic in "Revelations"

Story related and cannot be missed. In order to unlock this, you need to kill the jailer that has taken the void sword for himself. He's essentially no different than a regular jailer. Except he uses the Void sword instead of a hammer. Because of this, he can create armor out of ice. Beating him is as simple as using Igneas to "thaw" him out.

1YCLiGJhbC9ECRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzMwAAAAAOfn5-rMII0=.jpg Burning Chaos - 20:gsicon: -

Recover the Chaos relic in "Revelations"

Story related and cannot be missed. There's no boss related to this achievement. It's essentially one wing of the castle that's a giant puzzle. Solve the puzzle to reach the Chaos relic, and the achievement will unlock.

http://live.xbox.com/tiles/9S/eG/0oCLiGJhbC9NCRtSGw1TWTRkL2FjaC8wLzM5AAAAAOfn5-2pJ+k=.jpg Nice Armor... - 20:gsicon:

Defeat the Lieutenant in "Revelations"

Story related and cannot be missed. This fight is relatively straight forward. He'll use a very cheap teleportation move several times. But as long as you remember to dodge, he'll miss you most of the time. If you start to run low on health, use the Ultimate Glaciem move to regain quick health. And if you want to put him down quick, spam him with Ultimate Igneas. Once he jumps up to the chandelier, warp up to the one opposite of him and jump towards him using spectral wolf form to put him down for good.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

I was wondering if someone is gonna make a guide for this. I would have made one but I forgot where I got couple of the first boxes lol.

But this looks good. You probably don't have to actually make guide for the artwork as they start poppin from stuff when you go on with the story. Only thing that might be worth mentioning is that I couldn't get the last couple of artwork before finishing the story and going back to destroying tables.

Edited by DarkSephiroth

I was wondering if someone is gonna make a guide for this. I would have made one but I forgot where I got couple of the first boxes lol.

But this looks good. You probably don't have to actually make guide for the artwork as they start poppin from stuff when you go on with the story. Only thing that might be worth mentioning is that I couldn't get the last couple of artwork before finishing the story and going back to destroying tables.

You can only get them post game. Check the achievement info, I've updated the best way to get them there.

Here is my Collectiblesvideo. You can used if you want it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN2d0O4PqzU]Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - All Collectibles Revelations DLC (Boxes & Diaries) - YouTube[/ame]

Timeline:

Overlook Tower

- Life Secret Box

- Soldiers Diary (Alecs Fear)

- Soldiers Diary (Morian's Door)

- Soldiers Diary (Indignant Arnold)

- Igneas Secret Box

- Glaciem Secret Box

- Soldiers Diary (Sir Franciss Invitation)

- Soldiers Diary (Sir Thomass Last Dance)

- Glaciem Secret Box

- Igneas Secret Box

- Soldiers Diary (Angry Sir Rolfe)

- Life Secret Box

- Glaciem Secret Box

- Igneas Secret Box

Forbidden Wing

- Life Secret Box

- Life Secret Box

- Soldiers Diary (Chief Adrians Diary)

- Glaciem Secret Box

- Igneas Secret Box

- Life Secret Box

- Soldiers Diary (Karls Weariness)

- Glaciem Secret Box

- Igneas Secret Box

Regards

If you are having trouble getting the last few pieces of artwork even after defeating the final boss, I found that going to the dashboard and then restarting the game made them appear. Before doing that I had fats traveled to and from the Forbidden Wing 5+ times with no artwork, and now I'm getting 1 or 2 per visit. This was a problem with the original game too.

Thank you for the guide.

Thanks for a lot for this :)

You're very welcome. But I have to warn you: Now that I've gone and done another guide for the first time in years, I might have to go and challenge your guide for the main game. Not at all saying your guide isn't great, because it is. But I love this series. And I have a lot of ideas ticking around in my head for a perfect guide for LoS2. :p

And seriously, am I the only one that now wishes Gabriel had a Bat Cloud ability himself? It's such an awesome ability.

I'd kill for a walkthrough of this DLC. I've beaten every Castlevania game ever made and I CANNOT beat this DLC. The Forbidden Wing is the hardest area of any video game I've ever played in my life. I've been stuck in the same room for four straight days, with absolutely NO FUCKING CLUE what to do.

Edited by Aquaman6686

I'd kill for a walkthrough of this DLC. I've beaten every Castlevania game ever made and I CANNOT beat this DLC. The Forbidden Wing is the hardest area of any video game I've ever played in my life. I've been stuck in the same room for four straight days, with absolutely NO FUCKING CLUE what to do.

where are you stuck?

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 / DLC: Revelations Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!