Your first M-rated game you played.

TVthePunisher

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 360, it was Dead or Alive 4, which was consequently my first Xbox 360 game. Before that, I didn't pay attention to the ratings, but they were probably mostly rated T. The 360 and the games were the first things I bought with the money from my first job, so all my previous games were just presents from my friends.

Grand Theft Auto (the original). My dad bought it for me at Best Buy, it had a Chevy Malibu on the cover and he thought it was a racing game.

Damn, that's wrong. LOL. It was Mortal Kombat (the original). If I remember correctly, that was the game that brought the "M" rating on. I could be wrong, but I know it was a big political deal.

Grand Theft Auto (the original). My dad bought it for me at Best Buy, it had a Chevy Malibu on the cover and he thought it was a racing game.

Damn, that's wrong. LOL. It was Mortal Kombat (the original). If I remember correctly, that was the game that brought the "M" rating on. I could be wrong, but I know it was a big political deal.

Mortal Kombat came out in 1992 the ESRB didn't start rating games until 1994. The ESRB and several other ratings boards that were first attempted were largely in response to Mortal Kombat and a few other games like Doom and Lethal Enforcers.