Too old to play?

CuteTXKitty

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC, I'm sort of like you. Will be 33 in a few weeks but am constantly told how young I sound, mostly when I answer the phone at work. I work on a university campus and the first question from parents is often, "Wait, are you a student?"

Anyways, I'll quit gaming when they pry my controller from my cold, dead hands. ;) Only thing besides death that would really stop me is my vision going completely. I'm sure as I get way up there, diminishing abilities might limit what I will be able to enjoy, but sure there will still be plenty that I will be able to.

In any case, I've seen studies showing some evidence that gaming can slow the loss of other mental abilities in seniors. Studies aren't clear on younger groups but there seems to be a link with them. I know when we do our "Senior Santa" thing here at work that we've been told that the video game requests (which I always go for) really are for them and not for grandchildren, that they encourage them to play games.

For those who say they are too old or think they are old for playing Video Games

Your never too old to play Games or Video Games Games an Video Games is what Keeps us young at heart an Helps us to keep up with younger Generations Playing today

In May I get to say goodbye to my 20's an Say Hello to my 30's

I turn 30 on May 26th at 10:09AM :)

By the way Im a Lovely Redheaded Blue Eyed Curvy Southern Tomboyish Country Girl from North Carolina I sound young for my age an I certainly Look Young for my age too

Edited by MysteriousTonya
Cause I want to

I'm 30 and my wife keeps asking how much longer I will game. I told her I can either have guys not out on the town, or do it over XBL. She much prefers me to hang out with old college buddies on XBL than at the bar. I drank and partied enough for 30 people in college and had my fair share of fun. In fact at 30 I will be buying my first PC, and getting into PC gaming. If it goes well I could see me not buying the next console.