My poor RB button!

Murgatroyd7

No idea, I've never played Pure; it never looked very fun to me (but then again, neither did Nail'd). From what I can tell, this seems to be more fast-paced than Pure but you can't do tricks. The general consensus seems to be that if you like Pure, you'll probably like this as well.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I personally compare this more to old games like Cruis'n USA and San Francisco Rush. It's very arcade-like and unrealistic. You go really fast, go over huge jumps (you'll spend a quarter of your time in the air), and can control your vehicle in the air in order to avoid obstacles like balloons and dirigibles.

I think it's pretty fun and at least worth a rental, but many of the races are 5-6 minutes long (and there's a lot of them) and the online is basically dead. They didn't advertise this game well and there are probably less than 1000 people who own it (they sent me two review copies, which almost never happens). Still, it's not bad for $40.

No idea, I've never played Pure; it never looked very fun to me (but then again, neither did Nail'd). From what I can tell, this seems to be more fast-paced than Pure but you can't do tricks. The general consensus seems to be that if you like Pure, you'll probably like this as well.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I personally compare this more to old games like Cruis'n USA and San Francisco Rush. It's very arcade-like and unrealistic. You go really fast, go over huge jumps (you'll spend a quarter of your time in the air), and can control your vehicle in the air in order to avoid obstacles like balloons and dirigibles.

I think it's pretty fun and at least worth a rental, but many of the races are 5-6 minutes long (and there's a lot of them) and the online is basically dead. They didn't advertise this game well and there are probably less than 1000 people who own it (they sent me two review copies, which almost never happens). Still, it's not bad for $40.

I might have to check it out. From the gameplay videos I saw it didn't look as smooth as Pure, but it still looked pretty nice. Might just buy it from EB and return it within the 7 days.

• 3 months later...
I might have to check it out. From the gameplay videos I saw it didn't look as smooth as Pure, but it still looked pretty nice. Might just buy it from EB and return it within the 7 days.

In my opinion, it's really nothing like Pure. The game is kind of lame it seems as far as menus and modding your ATV/MTX, but the game is fun. The only downfall is there aren't any tricks. The game is down to $19 at GameStop, which kind of scared me, but I'm glad I got it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...