Epic totally messed up GOW2.

FourChan

Ugh, they wanted to update this title but they totally ruined it. Now the active shotgun can take you down 20 feet away. The lag switching is totally messed up, I shoot someone a full clip with active lancer, doesn't take them down, they get a shot out of a shotgun and bang, not even active I am down. This games gripes are really ticking me off. Half of the glitches that were fixed can be redone and everything. Plus the Match Making sucks worse than ever, playing online tonight I had 20 people quit the game and it was all handicapped games, where it was like 3vs5 or 4vs5 I even had a 2vs5 tonight. I wish Epic would do something right, why change the formula? GOW1 was Epic, this games Epic crap now... What's your gripes with this title?

I'd just play some matches until I figured out what works and what doesn't for me to get a kill. I always play with 2 or more of my friends so I rarely get into a handicapped match. Epic didn't fixed everything but they fixed most and it's an improvement. I used to get down from a shotgun a mile away before the update so that's not really new to me but my shotgun sometimes doesn't stop me from getting chainsawed but that number has decreased some what with the update.

Ugh, they wanted to update this title but they totally ruined it. Now the active shotgun can take you down 20 feet away. The lag switching is totally messed up, I shoot someone a full clip with active lancer, doesn't take them down, they get a shot out of a shotgun and bang, not even active I am down. This games gripes are really ticking me off. Half of the glitches that were fixed can be redone and everything. Plus the Match Making sucks worse than ever, playing online tonight I had 20 people quit the game and it was all handicapped games, where it was like 3vs5 or 4vs5 I even had a 2vs5 tonight. I wish Epic would do something right, why change the formula? GOW1 was Epic, this games Epic crap now... What's your gripes with this title?

:whs GoW1 was good, all they had to do was change some things... not everything :(

Edited by RainofFireNZ

I don't know if Epic cared or realized this but what most people wanted was not a whole new game. What most people wanted was the same game but a game that we thought was better than the first.

The things I wanted to see in the new Gears of War were:

New campaign with a great story

New multiplayer maps

New executions

New game modes

New characters

New weapons

We got that, but we also got alot of unnecessary stuff like:

New Gnasher, why?

New, over powered chainsaw, why?

New Smoke nades, why?

New movement, why?

Rank, why?

New match making, why?

(Some of them)

Ok, I know that EPIC didn't like the shotgun roll, fine I didn't either and that’s why they gave the Lancer the "stopping power". I'm ok with that too, but why make the Gnasher worse and the Lancer better?

Sure chain sawing could be fun sometimes, but when you got 30+ chainsaw kills in a match, it's not funny anymore. People online would do anything to get a chainsaw kill and I seriously don't get that. Running through fire and bullet rain wont even stop them from getting their kill. I mean, you’re not good if you got 30 chainsaw kills in one match, you're more like brain washed.

Well, new Smoke nades. It's pretty effective in some situations but like the chainsaw it often turns out to be, just annoying. It's always the same thing over and over again: Lets play a match on Gridlock etc, any game mode, everybody is rushing to the sniper tower throws a smoke nade and just runs in with the chainsaw revved up.

The Lance got better and the Gnasher got worse, right? But why would you even make the characters to move in slow mo? It’s feels like you’re playing as a fat guy that just turned 70. Haha, seriously: "Take cover or die"… Give me a decent character like in Gears 1 and I’ll be fine.

Sure, rank could be nice, but not in this game. I bet you've seen one of these guy with "Rank 5" in some match, some time. Everybody thinks: "Oh god, he must be really good." I thought so to, every time, but no. He and all the other 5 ranked players were chainsaw maniacs. Ranked by skill? I don't think so. Ranked by kills? Yes, but not skills that kills. I'm a rank 4 and I seriously don't care for a sec.

The match making is ok, but not as good as in Gears 1. I don't want to play Annex 5 times in a row if I'm going for the Submission achievement etc. If I want to play Submission I would like to able to press: Versus, Public (ranked), Submission and search. And when the search is done I would like to have some matches to choose from. Let’s say I see a Submission match at Blood Drive, but the connection bar isn't that good, but there’s also another Submission match at Stasis, then I, and probably everyone else would pick the match on Stasis.

Edited by KingSlitherOne

I think that every players have a subjective vision of this game and of all games in general

The only think that is not good of this game is the lag and all the problems that it cause while playing.

Personally what I ask to a game like Gears is to give all the players, wherever country they live, the same behaviour so that a match winner is determined by the player skill and not by other factors.

Another bad thing are the glitches, they should release a game without the possibility to do them

Okay, i don't know if they made the shotgun better in this game.

I was playing single player campaign and i was sniped by a fucking shotgun. He had to be at least 50 ft away and he killed me with a shotgun. I was like bullshit!

Plus i notice that locust with shotguns don't stop for shit, even if your shooting the hell out of them.

I really wish they would implement a regional filter or some type of host check, as with any type of lag the game becomes painful to play. I love shooting or bashing a guy only to be chunked without them flinching.

The grenade tagging gets ridiculous, especially when you have people spamming tags and hiding all game. I'm glad it takes half a clip to blow one up. The smoke wouldn't be as annoying if it would just stun you kind of like a friendly fire mortar blast does. The ragdoll is obnoxious when you're on stairs or near any type of cover and get hung up on it.

The rank idea is stupid. All ranks did in Halo 2 was give idiots a reason to cheat (or quit). I saw 2 rank 4's last night. Everytime I got near the one in Wingman I would magically walk into a wall for 30 seconds and then be chunks, and the other quit out of a team game when we were down in the FIRST ROUND.

I would also really like to be able to choose a game type. I do not want to sit through 8 games of Annex to play 1 game of submission (especially with a bad host)

OP looks like a /b/tard. Moving on...

The game is alright, I don't get active downed from like 20 feet with a shotgun. Unless I'm actually hurt by A LOT. I can't trust the shotgun in most situations, but the Hammerburst always does the job for me. I can always trust my Hammerburst. The matchmaking is irritating, thus making achievements even more irritating. But it'll all come in due time. So I'm patiently waiting.

Are you surprised. Seems like everyone around here complains about the game, but continues to play it.????:mad:

I think this game is the most epic failure of a story continuation I have ever seen. I think that they should rescrap the update and just fix the glitches like the shield glitching and stuff like that, cause now you can't do crap in a game. The team with the best connection wins hands down, it sucks.

dang...i haven't even played this yet online, but i've heard that it wasn't so great. my main problem is the difficulty on insane...someone please tell me, how do i kill that last brumak in act 1 chapter 4?! i've probably played it over 50 times now and no matter what i do, i get destroyed...what is the trick?

The reason people are glitching, lag-switching and quitting is because of the stupid rank. People think that the little icon next to their name means something, although it doesn't. I myself am a rank 4 although I don't leave games when losing or glitch because I don't care about the rank, it proves nothing. I think if Epic removes the icons then people won't leave as much.

Also, they should open public player matches like Gears 1 where ranks and stats don't get effected and its just for fun, and people can leave and join half way through if they like. Most people would enjoy player matches far more as there wouldn't be a lot of lag, glitching and quitting won't matter.