• Slice of Your Pie - DLC
    • Life Is Beautiful - DLC

Song: Hysteria - DLC

Divisions:

Bass: Medium, Hard, Expert

Drums: Medium, Hard, Expert

Guitar: Medium, Hard, Expert

Vocals: Medium, Hard, Expert

You can use Rock Band or Rock Band 2 for the contest. The scoring should be the same for both, but if I find there is an advantage to using one over the other, I will toss the original Rock Band out of eligibility.

NOTE: Due to a tweak in the way RB2 handles vocals there is fairly large advantage to using RB1, because of this YOU CANNOT USE RB1 FOR VOCAL ENTRIES.

Awards will be given out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each difficulty for each instrument.

Score is what matters. The highest score in each division wins. Ties are ties. There are no playoffs.

You may only enter in one difficulty per instrument. There is no switching difficulties mid-week. Once you enter you have chosen your difficulty for the week for that instrument. You may enter at a different difficulty for that instrument in the next week if you choose.

If you win 1st place on Medium or Hard you must move up at least one difficulty level on that instrument the following week or sit the week out. If you win on Expert you must stay on Expert until you lose or sit out a week.

Example: If you enter Hard Guitar and Medium Drums but only win Medium Drums, you must move up to Hard or Expert or sit the following week out on Drums only. Since you didn't win on Guitar you are free to play any difficulty you wish for Guitar in the following week.

A still screenshot of the score screen that appears after the song is completed must be posted. Videos of the whole song will not be accepted or even looked at. I am on a download restricted ISP and can't look at multiple videos all the time. No other screens will be accepted as proof of score. Please have the following easily identifiable: song name, difficulty, score, and instrument icon. I reserve the right to reject any entry that does not meet the requirements.

NOTE: Because of the way Tour and Challenges are done in RB2, this probably means playing the song in Quickplay.

NOTE: While it is not required, please try to use an image hosting site (like ImageShack or JPGHosting) and put them in the message instead of using attachments. Attachments drive up the bandwidth used by the board, and are more likely to get missed when I am looking for the scores.

NOTE: Platinum Artist icons drive me @&%#$* nuts. Only a few people have been able to photograph them clearly. I'll do my best to determine the icon, but I will not squint for a long time trying to determine what instrument it is. If it isn't reasonably clear, don't bother posting it (a white circle with a few off-white pixels is not reasonably clear). The rules explicitly say the instrument icon must be easily identifiable. Telling me what instrument it is in the message post will not help, I have to see the icon. If you can't get a good picture of the Platinum icon you will have to use a non-platimun character to enter the contest.

TIP: You can try loading your image into any paint program and inverting the colors before posting it. Negative images are easier to see details on than normal images.

No editing your post to add or update pictures. All updates must be in a new post.

Contest will run from Midnight (EST) Saturday to Midnight (EST) the following Saturday. The contest closes at Midnight, whether I actually post that the contest is closed or not. I will not accept any entries posted after that time.

The songs will be chosen by a Poll posted each week. You are able to vote for multiple songs if you wish and can't decide/don't care which song you would rather play. The song with the highest number of votes when the current contest ends will be next weeks song.

NOTE: There will be no bitching about the song that is chosen. You had a chance to participate in the poll. If you don't like the song, go read a book for a week and try again next time.

NOTE: This is a community contest, and I reserve the right to invalidate any votes cast, just to try and skew the voting results, by people who have no interest in being a part of our community.

I reserve the right to make changes to the contest with no notice in the interest of fairness and/or clarity.

Feel free to discuss any issues you have with the contests with me.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Losers. The lot of them, except if any of those DLC songs are some song I like but don't know the name of. The biggest not-loser is Come Out And Play, so let's go with that.

*goes to play Bodhisattva*

Losers. The lot of them, except if any of those DLC songs are some song I like but don't know the name of. The biggest not-loser is Come Out And Play, so let's go with that.

*goes to play Bodhisattva*

2 Motley Crues and a Sixx AM. Sorry you don't like the choices, but it's not mandatory to enter or even vote. You are more than welcome to go play something else for a week.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
2 Motley Crues and a Sixx AM. Sorry you don't like the choices, but it's not mandatory to enter or even vote. You are more than welcome to go play something else for a week.

Thanks for the advice. As if I didn't already get that from your wall of text intro.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
Crap, everyone will be able to FC this song on drums...

Really? *goes to play*

Maybe I'll submit something this week afterall...

EDIT: Icwutyoudidthere... Mr. Expert Drummer you...

Edited by Deleted2014-12-02

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t331/b3njaques/IMGP0017.jpg

200 points off optimal. That is like 1/2 of a squeeze. Oh well.

I don't know why there is so much hate for Muse. They're a different type of band, and have tons of talent.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

I don't hate the band, though Guitar Hero has done nothing to convince me otherwise; I just hate the song.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/iggister/399431884_1383227901_0.jpg

I'm not very good at squeezing. I got this score my first try, then played it again actually trying to squeeze and got 200 points less. Oh wells.

EDIT: Noticed I had a bad path when I saw B3nJaqu3s had hit 30 more notes. Updated my score to 151,575 but I won't post it unless someone beats my current because there is a lot of hassle there. Phone to vzwpix to photobucket to here. phew.

Edited by blurbia

Steve Miller Band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Offspring. Seriously, that band is overrated in my opinion.

Not participating this week. I'm not buying RB1 this week so I won't have this song until I do so.

Edited by B4d33nD

Voted Life is Beautiful as I love the guitar chart. Song's fun to sing too, but I never quite get the hang of it an keep getting 96 or 98%.

I love playing Drums on Hysteria, but I'm never able to put together an FC run. I'll get every section right throughout a few playthroughs, but can't seem to put it together. Oh well, there's still alot of week left. :D

Ok, Here are my entries for the week... No Expert Bass (how the hell did I win last week, was I the only participant in hard, wtf?) as I can't even pass this song on Expert Bass:

Medium Drums:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1268/hysteriad1.jpg

Medium Guitar:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6652/hysteriag1.jpg

Expert Vocals:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7177/hysteriav1.jpg

What a pain in the ass that FRS is, but I finally nailed it. Where the heck are all the participants this week? I mean you all voted for this song, you better show up *shakes an angry fist and mumbles something about getting off his lawn*

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
Where the heck are all the participants this week? I mean you all voted for this song, you better show up *shakes an angry fist and mumbles something about getting off his lawn*

Don't look at me! I voted Bodhisattva... There's still another 11 hours and I know people around here are lazy. If no one else has posted a score at 10PM EST, I'll do one. Expert Bass.