Games that didnt deserve the hype it got

thomasgeorge

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mass Effect on 360. It's a technical nightmare that makes it barely playable.

This was a great game....Plus from what i remember, i dont remember much hype about it at all. And I honestly thought RE5 was good just got a tad boring after a while.

Overhyped: Wolfenstein, Turok, Orange Box (never played em before), And GOW 2, and Farcry 2 ( played the first 40 seonds then never since)

Underhyped ( ??): Prey (great game that deserves more credit), FaryCry Predator ( if you play this at all you get addicted)

Mass Effect on 360. It's a technical nightmare that makes it barely playable.

I hope you're joking since Mass Effect is considered one of the 360's best games. On topic though, Two Worlds was over hyped (IMO) along with Fable 2. I haven't played either game but have read enough to realize that this is true in both cases.

Halo 3, I just couldn't get into it at all.

I actually thought Microsoft had paid off the critics to rave over Halo 3 - I still don't see what the fuss is about. Though to be fair, I hardly played it but I was expecting greatness and didn't feel it.

Could say the same for Gears of War BUT I got into that a bit more. Not played GoW2 yet, am aiming to though

GTA 4 I expected to be gash, it was sooooo hyped up and posters everywhere and TV ads etc but I actually thought it was ace.

GTA IV - Nothing like the previous ones, took itself far too seriously and tried to make it way too realistic.

CoD WaW - Cheap trick to increase difficulty by spamming grenades constantly, no matter where you were.

Farcry 2 - Loved the first, this one shouldn't even have Farcry in the title, Hell then I might have gave it more of a chance.

Fable II - Again, loved the first, nowhere near as good as the first.

Two Worlds - Loked amazing, wasn't that good.

Modern Warfare 2 :p - I'm taking a risk here, but it's been built up so much that it can never live up to the expectation.

ODST, Gears2 (As much as i love it i know they screwed it up), Street Fighter 4, i know its not out yet but MW2, I mean for christ sake how can it be the best game in the world when it hasnt even been released, so COD fanboys you can STFU till then

I not with you on the ODST or gears...but for telling COD fanboys to STFU you deserve a prize

well heres mine

Fable II

GTAIV

MW2-Impossibly overhyped

Halo 3

more in the overrated category than overhyped but whatever

COD4

Mass Effect

All those got 9s and 10s and I would give each an 8 at most