200 Rushing Yards - My Advice

Irish Dave

Hi Guys, this is my advice on how to get the "200 Rush Yards" Achievement:)

If your American, please do not leave any silly comments, as us Europeans prefer games such as Rugby and Football (Soccor), we like yourselves like Easy Achievement Games :woop:

In the game, Choose the "Falcons" and when your doing the passing play, the quarterback "Michael Vick" will most likley get the ball, use him to sprint down the field (hold down LT and RT - LT to hold the ball tight, RT to Sprint - Goes faster)

You dont have to get 200 yards in one go like I tried to do, just sprint like hell, if you sprint for 50 yards and get a touchdown, then when you get another touchdown after sprinting for 50 or so yards, you get 100 total with that player, keep doing this over and over, and it all builds up. Even if your only getting 10's and 20's, or maybe 30's, all the numbers add up.

What I did was sprint around the field with the player "Michael Vick" and just ran up and down in circles (Must have easily clocked 1000+ yards), before I realised the other teams players need to be within 5-10 yards (within 10 yards = Rush Yard), and if they get within 5, they will jump on you, espically the bigger players.

My Player did 16 touchdowns total in the game (1 minute per round), and made a total of 477 rushing yards from it. The Highest rush yard I got was 117, so as you can see, it all builds up, after the game the achievement unlocked :drunk

Enjoy the game

Edited by Irish Dave

This is awesome . . . it totally demonstrates the disconnect between American sports and the rest of the world. It's interesting to see how things that I take for granted are completely new material to other people. Although there are a lot of people in the states that don't understand the strategy involved in soccer at all. So it works both ways.

But it's a good post, will probably help some other people with limited exposure to American football.

A couple of things I found funny, because well . . .why not?:

Michael Vick is a person's name, you don't have to qoute it. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of this guy because he is one of the world's biggest aholes. Google him.

On almost every play in football (not including field goals or punt, what we term special teams) the Quarterback is the first person to touch the ball. There are so few exceptions that they are not worth mentioning and would only confuse most people. So, yes on a passing play the QB will get the ball every time.

When calculating your rushing total, the only distance that counts is the amount of distance you cover going forward on the field in a straight line. This doesn't mean that you don't have to run from side to side or at an angle to avoid being tackled, but that if you moved the ball forward from the spot of the previous ball 15 yards even if you covered a distance of 50 years in your running, you only get credit for moving the ball 15 yards forward. Each one of the hash marks on the field is one yard apart. The amount of yards gained has nothing to do with how close you are to the other players, just that you did not pass (throw) the ball on the play, but that you ran with the ball.

Unfortunately your final statement is incorrect. A football field inbounds surface is only 100 yards long. So the highest rushing total anyone can get on a single play is 99 yards, not 117.

I hope this helps with your understanding of our sport. :)

This reminds me of a time I went on a date with a girl from Belarus who had never been to a baseball game before . . . holy shit was that hard to explain.

I know its only 100, however I got 117, like I said, I just used the one player to run up and down like a yoyo for quite sometime then ran for a tounchdown. Screen said at the bottom M. Vick 1 touchdown 117rushing yards.

I've noticed some good tips you've posted, and no, I've never heard of Michael Vick, may be famous there, but American Football isn't popular here in Europe.

It is as boring as the Eurovision Contest :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...