Level Breaking Glitches

Anybody else have massive problems with the Scorpion 2099 level or any others? I've had a helluva time completing it today without issue.

It was in the small hallway following the scientist area with the acid pools in it. This was prior to the 1st battle with Scorpion 2099. The eggs wouldn't spawn, and the security forces kept spawning endlessly. It took causing Miguel dying 4 times for the game to register the security forces being eliminated to cause the eggs to spawn. Also, if I tried to go into the door without the eggs spawning or security being eliminated, I fell into dead air, unable to return to the level.

All this happened, and I couldn't quite explain it. Has anyone had such massive problems with this level? Or was it just me?

Anybody else have massive problems with the Scorpion 2099 level or any others? I've had a helluva time completing it today without issue.

It was in the small hallway following the scientist area with the acid pools in it. This was prior to the 1st battle with Scorpion 2099. The eggs wouldn't spawn, and the security forces kept spawning endlessly. It took causing Miguel dying 4 times for the game to register the security forces being eliminated to cause the eggs to spawn. Also, if I tried to go into the door without the eggs spawning or security being eliminated, I fell into dead air, unable to return to the level.

All this happened, and I couldn't quite explain it. Has anyone had such massive problems with this level? Or was it just me?

I had the same problems, but only on that same level. I didn't have any issues on any other levels.

Ive had some fun ones; the most prominent of which took place during the Noir carnival level shortly after the first encounter with Goblin when you're supposed to go inside the tent.

Basically i entered the large circus tent and nothing happened, no cut-scene and no enemies just the ball in the middle and an open exit that i attempted to go through and then proceeded to fall through the fucking level indefinitely.

Upon restarting from the checkpoint i learned that i could no longer enter the tent and thus could not make any progress because there was a cloth covering the entrance, this cloth or rag or whatever did not disappear even after i went to the main menu and loaded up the level anew. In short i had to restart my xbox and that finally solved the problem.

Edited by CHOKESLAM

While running away from the train in the Vulture level, I got stuck inside a building and had to exit out and restart from the last checkpoint.

Edit: I also just ran into a second. I was fighting the Goblin and the lights went out. Rather than taking him down from the high ground, I jumped down and tried taking him down from the shadows below. He kicked me back, but my takedown webs stayed attached to him. I could spin new webs and try to take him down again, but he never went down. I performed about 50 takedowns directly from behind while in the shadows, but Goblin never took any damage and just shrugged me off every time. I restarted the fight and took him down fine from up top.

Edited by JoshP

I'm stuck with the same Scorpion 2099 problem as the OP. I have restarted a number of times and have yet to get the eggs to spawn. Frustrating!

Ok, I solved this problem by quitting the game and backing out to the main menu, then reloaded. The game placed me back before the entrance to the tunnel, after saving/protecting the scientists. Everything worked correctly when I went through the tunnel again.

Ran into no glitches on my first run through the game. Now on the second run, I hit two glitches on the Vulture level. The first was during the battle with the thugs after the 2D section. I got frozen in place and enemies were still able to damage me. Suddenly, Spider-Man took off on his own and moved toward the wall and began ascending it while still in the standing animation...had to reload. Then I got the same one JoshP did. Got caught in a building right after escaping the train.

I had a glitch for a bit on the Hobgoblin level, where you have to defeat Public Eye patrol in a corridor so the door will open up. But after beating them all, the door stayed closed and the security alert wouldn't end, despite everyone being knocked out.

Also, on the Carnage level, one of the corrupted S.H.I.E.L.D agents ended up behind the door with the scientist you had to save, so I couldn't kill them and get the level to progress. Both of these were easily sorted by exiting to the main menu then choosing continue, so they were nothing major, but there is definitely a case of occasional glitches for the game.

I also had a huge problem on the Carnage level in the 1 act where you are fighting zombie dudes and huge guys, I had a guy stuck under 1 of the ships and could not get to him so the guys would not fall out of the wall for my way out. Had to restart the level 5 times to get through it.

Two things I noticed today were in the Juggernaut and Sandman levels, unfortunately.

On the sandman level, rather than web-zipping to the first perch after falling in, I didn't grab it. I fell through the floor and couldn't recover.

Also on the Juggernaut level today, the spawn locations for two of the hidden spiders didn't appear. I had to play the level 3 times in order for them all to spawn. Veeeery frustrating to say the least.

OMG On the scorpion level.... it glitched SO MANY TIMES during the final boss. Scorpion would literally just glitch in midair and not do anything. wouldnt let me webstrike him down, anything. Just motionless in the middle of air. doing nothing. I had to redo the level like 6 times before Scoprion didnt do that...

I experienced one on the Carnage level where you have to save the first person and stop the enemies from destroying the door. I was doing the Y + B spin attack and it glitched me threw the door with the person and I couldnt get out and the enemies kept destroying the door.

I got stuck in a position where it seemed someone was grabbing me and all I could do was glide around the ground and everyone was dead so they couldnt hit me and glitch me back.

These are not glitches but a problem for me at least.

Wall crawling and the camera flips all crazy and have no idea which way Im movin.

I play inverted, my down is up and vice versa. Well on the free falling missions they dont invert that part, so I instinctively I want to press down to go up and its a struggle to play normal. (Ever since Golden Eye 007 for the 64 I have been playing inverted)

*SPOILER*

At the end when I was fighting Mysterio and you have to web bounce the spheres, I kept locking onto lesser enemies sometimes. Also when sometimes I would try and Ultimate Symbiote Spin the large group of enemies he would spawn and it would lock onto them and make me web bounce them repeatedly

Edited by DOPE BOI

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem in the scorpion level (eggs loaded fine). I was in a corridor fighting bad guy after bad guy, and I walked towards what seemed to be the exit (plain gray where the next room would have been) and fell out of the world.

In the end I just did a bunch of web jumps (double tapping A) until I reached the large open area where you first rescue the scientists, then I ran back to where I fell and before I got there it went to cutscene and moved me to the next location.

the scorpion level. the first encounter you have to throw eggs at him so he comes down. when i want to pick up eggs he just web zips at scorpions and takes damage. grrr

wierd, its not like you can change the games controller layout... If the B button is suddenly making you web zip, maybe you should try grabbing by tapping the Right trigger?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've hit endless amounts of level stopping issues. The no eggs spawning. On hammerhead's level when he is walking beneath you it doesn't exit the dialogue mode. Falling through the world endlessly(sometimes will happen and let me recover back up through the floor, but once or twice just fell and fell and fell). Right now I just ran into what is hands down the worst however. A nice little Mysterio phase 4 bug where he does his massive grab/half life in damage regardless of whether or not you go anywhere near him. Literally happened swinging from the start, and keeps chain happening. Restarted the level to fix it, but happened yet again after a minute. Driving me crazy.

• 1 month later...
Ive had some fun ones; the most prominent of which took place during the Noir carnival level shortly after the first encounter with Goblin when you're supposed to go inside the tent.

Basically i entered the large circus tent and nothing happened, no cut-scene and no enemies just the ball in the middle and an open exit that i attempted to go through and then proceeded to fall through the fucking level indefinitely.

Upon restarting from the checkpoint i learned that i could no longer enter the tent and thus could not make any progress because there was a cloth covering the entrance, this cloth or rag or whatever did not disappear even after i went to the main menu and loaded up the level anew. In short i had to restart my xbox and that finally solved the problem.

Exact same thing just happened to me.

My first "Level Breaking" glitch, if you don't count the ones where I just randomly fall through the floor into an infinite void and am forced to reload the last checkpoint.

:confused:

• 2 months later...