Over the hill gamers

tanglefoot55

Hello again,

I had a little trouble getting my account activated but after three days I finally figured it out.:dance: I am 70 years old and not very computer savvy so that might have a lot to do with it. Which brings me to the title of my thread.

Who is the oldest gamer that you know of? Like I said I am 70 years old and I have been gaming for quite a few years. As a teen ager back in the late 50's and early 60's I played a lot of pinball machines and eventually Pac Man, Centipede and Donky Kong.

Anybody remember Pong when it first came . Shortly after that Atari came out with the cartridge games like Missile Command, Asteroids and my favorite was Space Invaders.

Since then I have had a Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, Two grey Xbox 360's that I had a lot of heating problems with and finally a black Xbox 360 Elite that has been going strong for 4 years now.

My gamer score is 45,627 and it would have been more because I had racked up over 10,000 on my older Xboxes but didn't know how to transfer to the Elite. I really didn't understand about gamer score or achievement points until I played Red Dead Redemption and Oblivion on my Elite. Ever since then I have tried getting as many cheevo's as I can.

I just finished Skyrim and the 3 DLC's and got all but 3 of the cheevo's. I could have gotten all of them but I was only on level 57 and I heard that you needed to be at least level 70 before you could beat the Legendary Dragon. I already had about 460 hours into the game and was pretty much burned out with the game. I guess that is why they call them achievements.:)

I want to give a big THANK YOU to this site for helping me get my achievements. I have used this site for almost 8 years now and have always wanted to be able to post to ask questions or even help someone else out.

My only disappointment with playing games is that unfortunately my provider is via satellite because I am in a remote area and there is too much lag for me to play online with other gamers.:(

The only two games that I was able to play online was Dragon's Dogma and Read Dead Redemption. I'll never forget the time that I could actually hear a young girl on my headphones ask me if I would let her ride my white buffalo. There was a little bit of lag but she finally rode of into the sunset on my white buffalo. What a great feeling that was.

Oliver Wendal Holmes once made a quote that said "We don't quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.:dance:

I played Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer back in the day with a pretty large posse that consisted of people from various ages and states.

I had a 65-year-old from North Carolina (well, he pronounced it "No'th Caralana"), a 52-year-old from Georgia (he pronounced it "Jawja") and a 40-something from Tennessee (can't really do the accent in print ;)).

I can't tell you how much hearing these guys' accents really lent a level of realism to the game, too. :D

I thought I was one of the oldest gamers on this site, but you've got a decade on me. I got back into gaming when Oblivion hit the scene, and have been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, part of my Gamerscore resides with another account. It's been a great pastime to do with my family, especially Rock Band and Guitar Hero. My son and I have been going through the Halo and Gears of War series on Legendary/Insane; quite a challenge for both of us (for me, my skills and for him, his patience...LOL). Too bad you can't play more mp; perhaps as the systems improve, you will. Anyway, welcome to the forums! :)