Spiderman 4: Reboot, ha ha

Lord Yamikage

Alright, so for those of you who may not know this news Spiderman 4 that was schedule to come out 2011 in May is canceled. Instead of continuing the story from S3, the S4 will reboot the series, and it will return to when Peter was in High School.

Personally, this certainly is one of the best news ever (from Spiderman). One being said is that they (studio) can definitely redo the whole Black Spiderman and Venom. I don't know about you Spiderman's fan, but Spiderman 3 was very poorly written. The emotional scene of Peter Parker was unbearable (at death of his friend at the end).

Anyway, currently, the movie is expect to be release on 2012 instead. I'm looking very forward for the reboot.

Edit: Forgot to post the link. Here is one of the [Link]

Edited by Lord Yamikage

I am kinda surprised with the reboot, Spiderman 3 wasn't that great but I thought they would keep the story going forward. I also remember reading that they were making Spiderman 4 and 5 back to back, and were going to release them like that. Wonder what will happen with that now?

Also read that Sami Raimi and Tobey Maguire will not be back. Wonder who the next Spidey will be.

Maybe it will at least be better than Spiderman 3:confused:

WTF? I loved the old movies and IMO Tobey Maguire IS Spiderman (although, part of that is me hating actor swaps). Sam Raimi is a good director too, I don't know why they just didn't give him extra time. Basically, it was give him a few more months or just scrap his project entirely and wait a whole year. Yeah, the latter choice certainly makes more sense...

Here's another link....... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43595

I think this is good and bad news to me. Like every other Marvel fan, I was very discouraged after S3. I love Raimi, and was really juiced he was going to give it another shot but he has a ton of shit going on so I've heard. I would rather them kill this completely instead of rebooting it.

Let's get Micheal Bay involved. The one thing Spiderman lacked was gratuitous shots of tits and explosions.

Or maybe McG.

Ha ha, yeah, I don't know how much explosion he can make with Spiderman. Spiderman is not exactly Iron Man where explosion is his specialty. Boom, Spidy is shooting explosive web!! ha ha.

Yeah I really do hate the acting changes too. It's just like them switching Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle in the Iron Man movies: They're both great actors, but to have to get used to a different person is annoying. Overall I think this is bad news. While the Spidermans progressively got worse (the first was easily the best out of the three), I was looking forward to seeing a continuation of the story.

I honestly can't see anyone playing a new Spiderman. The other ones have made hundreds of millilons of dollars and to see some new guy take the mantle is unsettling. I know it's stubborn, but like I said before, I really don't like cast changes. This news is almost as bad as hearing how Jennifer Aniston may be the next Bond girl in Bond 23. ALMOST. Go with Freida Pinto guys.

well this is lame, i heard that Raimi didnt like the script and thats why the orignal May release was dropped (and Thor has now taken that spot, with the new Pirates film scheduled for Thor's old spot at the end of May)

but i didnt know the whole project was being canned and re-booted.

dissapointing, i couldnt picture anyone else playing Spiderman now. not a fan of this news if it turns out to be true,

So there taking it back to when he was at high school. Is that like a flash back or what... but isnt the beginning of Spiderman 1 when he's at school and gets his powers?.. yes it was! I dont think this will be a good film, especially is Toby isnt in it!

I feel its gonna be more childish.. You know when they make good/funny Muppet films like Tresure Island/Christmas but then they do a Wizard of Oz and its all hip and trendy for the kids and Dorathy is played by Ashanti the singer..!

I'd rather it carry on from the story and add new villians like normal.. Just more impact and leave the soppy stuff out of it!

So there taking it back to when he was at high school. Is that like a flash back or what... but isnt the beginning of Spiderman 1 when he's at school and gets his powers?.. yes it was! I dont think this will be a good film, especially is Toby isnt in it!

I feel its gonna be more childish.. You know when they make good/funny Muppet films like Tresure Island/Christmas but then they do a Wizard of Oz and its all hip and trendy for the kids and Dorathy is played by Ashanti the singer..!

I'd rather it carry on from the story and add new villians like normal.. Just more impact and leave the soppy stuff out of it!

Mate there redoing the whole franchise cause both the director Sam Raimi and Toby Maguire have pulled out of making a fourth cause of disagreements with Sony!

I think this is both good and bad new cause this was the film that pretty much started the new comic book genre of film and is a shame to see it go (and by restarting it are we meant to forget the previous spiderman films, I hate it whe studios do this) but on the other side spiderman 3 was terrible and I find it pretty hard to watch cause its that bad!!

Lets just hope that they wont make the same mistakes with the new franchise!!

So long Sam Raimi and please make some more awesome horror movies instead (Evil Dead 4??)

Tobey was a good spider-man? lolololololololololol

IMO the series was ok despite Tobey being The Spectactular Amazing One until the poorly done 3rd movie. Topher Grace who played Venom would have been a much better Spider-Man. After the whole Bee-Gee's Tobey street strutting that was in 3, it was clear that the series was in dire need of a reboot becuase it was falling into the facepalm area that the Batman and Superman series had fallen.

Right from the start, casting Topher Grace as Venom was a collosal bad idea. Honestly Thomas Haden Church would have been a better physical choice for Venom. You don't take the fan favorite best Spiderman villain and rape him like they did in SM3 and expect the movie to be well liked.

And the bad peter parker was not a good idea either. Peter hitting MJ and being a total dick like that... not a great plan.

I'm not totally opposed to a recast at this point but is a reboot really neccessary? The Goblin and Doc Oc were great. The first two were fantastic IMO. but the casting and direction they went in 3 was just bad all around. Goblin 2, though I like Franco, was just a bad design idea. Sandman was good but he is a minor character in the spiderman mythos. It's like making the scorpion a main bad guy for a film. as the sinister six characters, Sandman, Scorpion, Vulcher, mysterio, Electro, Kraven, Rhino, Cameleon, hobgoblin are all bit players and would only be good as a minor side story on their own, but only teamed up would they make a good choice for a Spiderman movie. And Venom is a movie to himself. To make Venom the afterthought side story was an insult honestly.

If they reboot and do a Venom/Carnage spiderman film then fine, but to go back to Peter's high school days? I don't know about that.

Some good news!

Yet another link below, talking about some "gritty" Spidey script being written by the same guy that penned "Zodiac".

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2010/01/12/2010-01-12_spiderman_4_canceled_tobey_maguire_sam_raimi_off_franchise_in_favor_of_sonys_gri.html

This is from AICN, I would love to see a Fincher Spidey!

Beaks here...

According to Deadline Hollywood's Michael Fleming, Sony has a shortlist of directors they're considering for their SPIDER-MAN reboot. They are...

James Cameron

David Fincher

Wes Anderson

Marc Webb

Now, since Sony just parted ways with an established A-list filmmaker due to extreme creative differences, which of these four fellas do you think is closest to landing the gig?

On one hand, I want nothing more than to see Wes Anderson's version of a $200 million superhero tentpole, but I live in the real world and understand that would never happen. So it appears that (500) DAYS OF SUMMER director Marc Webb has the inside track in the SPIDER-MAN derby - and this is probably because the other three have either flat-out declined or were never seriously offered the job in the first place. In any event, Webb is a safe, solid choice; his last film was a studio-slick indie, and he'll probably be able to handle the romantic travails of high-school-age Peter Parker with tremendous sensitivity. Will he be able to manage movie star egos? I don't know. Will there be movie star egos? Sony has rebooted this franchise so abruptly (and is evidently keen to rush into production to hit a 2012 release date), it could be that they'll settle for up-and-comers and maybe one sorta big name for the villain.

It's all speculation at this point. All we've got to go on right now is that it'll be 3-D and that the very talented Jamie Vanderbilt (ZODIAC) is writing the script. (For those of you looking for something to bitch about, don't judge Vanderbilt too harshly for BASIC; John McTiernan made a hash of his screenplay.) But I'm fine with Webb. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's already committed.

Edited by XxBlueSpade2xX