is this game worth getting?

crottychop

Sorry I can't help you but I just wanted to mention that I just bought it on Amazon yesterday. With shipping it was around 8 bucks. The reviews are pretty good so I thought I would check it out. If you do end up getting it maybe we can boost for the multiplayer achievements in a few weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I rented this game about two years ago and was incredibly impressed by it then. I picked this up last week for £5 and I have to say it's still great. Very deep story and single player overall.

Go and pick it up. Multiplayer is very lacking but if you want a game with a very engrossing story then go for it. Great game overall

Very underrated game for sure. And its cheap as chips. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I saw this game in a bargain bin at Best Buy over the weekend for $20, read the back, recalled briefly hearing about the game, bought it, and haven't regretted that decision one bit.

This game is fun as hell, especially once you start to unlock more darkness powers (creeping dark is ok, but it's difficult to use in fast-paced situations. The darkness arm though, that's a different story. I'd play this game if the darkness arm was the only darkness power you get. Can't wait until I unlock the Black Hole power *drools*)

• 1 month later...

I would say no purely based on the part where you're expected to walk slowly through a helicopter's line of fire with cops swarming all over the place... I don't know what the game makers were thinking with that one, and it's only a couple hours into the game. I've restarted this checkpoint enough times to make me want to mail it back.

You can't kill the helicopter, so the only option is to either play on a lower difficulty so you can take the hits, or not play at all.

Nothing is saved, like items or objects collected when you die, so you have to take 3 minutes to collect everything again just to run out and die in 2 seconds. Every time you die there is a 10 second cutscene with pictures and gibberish just to annoy you.

Edited by Oinkness

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...