the demo's out...

taylorxxx

I don't find it horrible, nor great. It's a good idea with lots of potential, it just wasn't perfected. Tackles all look amazing, although there are a few that look fake. Gameplay is fine, difficult, but with enough practice, manageable. My biggest issue has the be the RS on defence, it's too easy to slide it a little way, lose the play, and be too far out of position to do anything.

i really enjoyed it - and i think i'll be getting t over Madden.

It's fun to play. Has done what madden has failed ot do and update the controls to the RS.

And lastly, i see it as a portest purchase against EA having exclusive rights and i want my money to show that you dont need the NHL license to make a good game!

I'm excited that (being from England) i can recreate my collegiate league!

The issue I see with the demo is that it's not the whole game. Give me that and I'm fine! I think this did exactly what a demo should. Show you how the game is played (basically) and what 'extras' you can expect (tackle alley). If the demo had longer quarters I'd play that over Madden ANY day!

I think the issues with controls are they take a little getting used to (for any game with new tweaks) and the fact that it isn't Madden. The worst thing about Madden's franchise is they're uber lazy with games and that everyone else is like "ehh this feels weird" with every other football game besides Madden. That franchise cannot drop soon enough so that we can have healthy compeition again and so that we have a wide range of control setups to boost us into the RS controls (come on Madden, we've needed that for years! .... or at least given the option).

The issue I see with the demo is that it's not the whole game. Give me that and I'm fine! I think this did exactly what a demo should. Show you how the game is played (basically) and what 'extras' you can expect (tackle alley). If the demo had longer quarters I'd play that over Madden ANY day!

I think the issues with controls are they take a little getting used to (for any game with new tweaks) and the fact that it isn't Madden. The worst thing about Madden's franchise is they're uber lazy with games and that everyone else is like "ehh this feels weird" with every other football game besides Madden. That franchise cannot drop soon enough so that we can have healthy compeition again and so that we have a wide range of control setups to boost us into the RS controls (come on Madden, we've needed that for years! .... or at least given the option).

I never really liked Madden that much. Playing with friends is really fun, but after your friends leave it gets boring quickly. My friends and I always play 3-4 player co-op on a team and try to make it to the Superbowl by only playing on defense and simulating offense. It is fun, but then it gets to the management portion and you have to draft and trade players and it just gets boring to me. It is like watching the Stock Exchange. The only real reason I am getting Madden 11 is that Drew Brees is on the cover (GO SAINTS!) and that most (all) of my friends are getting it so that is something we could all play together.

Backbreaker plays a lot better than Madden. The controls are smoother by using the RS and the camera is closer to the player which makes it seem more realistic and with the Focus button you can easily find where the ball is so you don't get lost.