Thoughts about the case?

leeloo

There be spoilers below.

Did this case feel extremely short? Compared to the other pre-order DLC The Naked City at least. Even with savoring the first playthrough and taking my time it only took about 35-40 minutes.

Nothing pivotal happened. Nothing too tough that is - car chase, gunfight, finding pink slips etc. There was also a red herring location just to add some time with extra driving. The only thing I liked was having to run from the police station to the place around the corner.

completely agree. in retrospect, the case compared to others (especially naked city) is somewhat bland and, like you said, nothing compelling really happens. you just trace a couple stolen cars to a car theft ring. i mean, i like the case, and its still extra content which is good, but, it could of been more.

I wasn't surprised at all with the length. You really expected it to be longer? It was a Traffic case. They generally aren't complicated at all. Except the Fallen Idol, which was pretty long. But this case was pretty much exactly what I expected of it.

To the poster above, the Naked City is a pretty long case. Longer than this one.

I'm expecting the Arson one to be the longest, although Reefer Madness seems like it has the potential to be pretty long too.

I wasn't surprised at all with the length. You really expected it to be longer? It was a Traffic case. They generally aren't complicated at all. Except the Fallen Idol, which was pretty long. But this case was pretty much exactly what I expected of it.

To the poster above, the Naked City is a pretty long case. Longer than this one.

I'm expecting the Arson one to be the longest, although Reefer Madness seems like it has the potential to be pretty long too.

I read on IGN that it was about busting a car theft and chop shop ring. I didn't expect that to mean finding one stolen car and linking that to a chop shop full of them, that just sounds a bit too CSI, easier than it should be.

This was far from as good as "The Naked City" DLC and I felt like this could just have been a regular case in the game. I feel that the DLC cases should be more spectacular than the ones in the original game but that is my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
This was far from as good as "The Naked City" DLC and I felt like this could just have been a regular case in the game. I feel that the DLC cases should be more spectacular than the ones in the original game but that is my opinion though.

Despite what some people like to think not all opinions are equal. In this case you are in the group of people who have the superior opinion.

With Rockstar there is generally very high standards for DLC. GTA IV gave us full campaigns. Midnight Club LA gave us a whole new section of city, new cars, new music, and races/events. Even with Red Dead (which had rather unimpressive later DLC) we got coop DLC for free.

So you should have high expectations for Noire. This is Rockstar, one of the two or three developers that knows how to make proper DLC that's worth more than just money.

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to the rest, it's really not that great. But as other people have mentioned, it is a Traffic case. Traffic cases were all pretty simple and easy, because they come in so early in the game. If you purchase all of the DLC before you start the game, they integrate into the normal flow, so it'd be weird to go from small traffic to huge two hour epic traffic.

At least, that's why I think it was so damn short.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...