Do you give money to homeless people?

AdamArmy

I was going home today, and I saw a homeless person, and decided what the hell and I gave him a dollar. I don't know where that dollar goes to, but I hope for something good. If not, I am only out a dollar. I see people drive past homeless people all the time, and they don't care. What is your position?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never give them anything, ever. Yes, I'm as tight as a fishes arsehole.

Just remembered, everytime I go off to the Job Centre, there's always a bloke sat outside the metrolink station, asking people for change, trying to look homeless. Thing is, this guy is clean, shaven, and wears clean clothes. There's no way he's homeless. So one week, I called him out on it, he obviously denied it and just walked off. I assume to another met station.

Edited by Angry Tom

I have a mix of emotions when it comes to homeless people:

1) I see them and think "Oh gees, he's gonna ask me for cash and then I'll feel awkward, must... avoid..."

2) Trying to ignore them when I walk by as if I don't notice them.

3) Feel guilty for #2

4) Feel guilty for not giving him cash

5) Feel good that it's all over

I do sometimes wanna give them cash, especially when they have dogs or something. The only time I really do is when they approach me and I'd either A) Come across as a dick not to or B) Feel too pressured not to.

Damn you homeless people!

Edited by Seraph Xii

I used to, but then I went to a Detroit Lions game three years in a row and saw the same homeless guy singing the same song in the same exact spot, after that i decided for most of these people being homless is their job and they probably make more than i do

Also there used to be a sign when you get off on the old tiger stadium exit that said homeless scam this way with a arrow that also contributed.

Where I live, there aren't really homeless people, per say. There's a homeless shelter that takes in a lot of people and helps them out.

Though there is this one guy who will bug everyone he sees for a few smokes or a few bucks. A lot of people just pass him up because he walks the same neighborhood and bugs the same people. And I think he's had the police called on him a few times.

Though, I'll give money to the shelter. Most of the gas stations have a change box for the shelter here. Ill throw a few bucks in here and there.

Being from a small rural area, I never had to deal with any homeless people, as whenever I'm in the city, I'm always driving by, not walking by. I'm planning to moving to a city within the next year though, and I've always wanted to take a homeless person to a food place and buy them a meal, so I know my money is being put to good use.

O.K. this is a subject I know a shit load about.

I could ramble on and write nothing short of an essay on this subject as I started off working on the streets as an entertainer. I spent years watching what really goes down and the countless different situations there is around the world and all I can say is this.

Don't give cash to those who pester you for money for food. Give them a sandwich or an apple. Really pisses them off.

But the choice is yours if you want to give then please feel free but please bare in mind that they could be selling the Big Issue or playing a penny whistle or making some sort of effort.

My favorite homeless guy was a guy in Covent Garden in London who sits on the floor with a bottle of JD at his side and he has a road cone and uses it as a voice amplifier and sings almost word perfect " My Way " by Frank Sinatra. He uses a sign saying " all donations go to my wife JD ,,, till death do us part "