Read and React Achievement

BladeMDP

You can only get this achievement in RTG mode, in that this is the only option to be a defensive player and utilize Reaction Time.

Here's how I got it:

Went to Texas' Roster and maxed out the SS on all appropriate attributes (remember to max out his catching attributes too, not just his defensive ones). Also changed his height to 7'0". I also maxed out the attributes for the starting RB. Obviously save the roster.

Start up RTG choosing to use existing player. Choose that SS for Texas that you just maxed out. Set it to Freshman difficulty level. Also set your interception slider to 100. For the AI, set pass blocking to 100. I also bumped down passing accuracy to 40.

Now, I went to practice. It could be just coincidence, but because I maxed out the RB, the majority of the plays were run through the RB. I crept up to the line of scrimmage, looking for a screen pass to the RB. After about 10 reps, they ran several screen plays in a row. As you see the pass going to the RB, simultaneously run to intercept it as you hold the LT down to turn on the Reaction Time. If you intercept it, the achievement pops.

NOTE: There were other things I had done in preparation for working on this achievement. Texas first opponent is Wyoming. When editing the rosters at the beginning, I also had went to the Wyoming roster, lowered the speed attribute for all WRs to 60, lowered the arm strength attribute for all QBs to 60, and then lastly maxed out the pass blocking attributes for all the starting offensive lineman (the premise behind all of that is to make wide receivers slow, the quarterback throw weak passes, yet their offensive line block great, to cut down on the chances of a sack). But, it never came to playing that first game since I unlocked it in practice.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I tried it with high school player, didn't even come close. Tried it this way, I got it within minutes.

Thanks for the heads up! Need to get this achievement to finish the game off soon.

Tried this several times on a different profile to see if it'll unlock, but it never worked for me. Are you sure you unlocked it in a Practice of RTG? I have intercepted 3 passes all in reaction time and the achievement never unlocked. Even tried staying in reaction time until the play was completely over but no luck. Doing the same that I had done in a game and it unlocked fine there.

100 percent positive I did it in practice - I started off in the middle of the field, they were basically doing running plays. I saw them do a screen pass to the running back. At that point, I moved up to the line of scrimmage, waiting for another screen pass attempt. 2 reps later, there it was. So, it was after about 12 reps that it happened. I know it may have been just "sheer luck," however, I did want to share how I got it.

100 percent positive I did it in practice - I started off in the middle of the field, they were basically doing running plays. I saw them do a screen pass to the running back. At that point, I moved up to the line of scrimmage, waiting for another screen pass attempt. 2 reps later, there it was. So, it was after about 12 reps that it happened. I know it may have been just "sheer luck," however, I did want to share how I got it.

Yup, I have tried the method that you've posted and it worked fine. However, the achievement did not unlock. Not sure why since I was holding reaction time since the play had started, and until the play was completely finished.

I wonder if it's tied to you using the reaction time from the moment the play starts. When I got it, the play started I saw the screen pass developing, ran towards the running back, and I didn't start using reaction time until right before I intercepted the pass, and when I intercepted it, it immediately popped.

Yeah, that may be the problem. I'll have to give it another try later tonight when I'm free. But like I said, the method that you've provided to get an interception works great. I still think that the playcalling is random, though. I got mostly draw plays back and forth and only a couple of screen passes.

I added this and your little trick/method on convincing the homesick player into the guide. I have yet to try the method for the homesick player, however, I did try something similar to that and had no luck. I guess we'll see when I get another chance to play tonight!

Again, thanks for the help. :)

First off thanks for posting the method. For four hours I've working on this achievement. I've sat through the scout offence in practice running it 24/25 plays and watching Wyoming's quarterback decide to tuck it and run rather than throw it up. My only chance for an interception has been when they actually throw it deep and whenever that happens I get in position and watch as a teammate of mine runs out of nowhere and steals it from me. That being said, and four hours later, I've been able to intercept the ball using reaction time five times in RTG practice and once in an RTG game using this method and the achievement never unlocked. Still, thanks for sharing. It seems to be working for others.

EDIT: Two more hours down, five successful attempts. I cleared my cache, made fresh saves on memory units, did this five more times and still no achievement.

Edited by King Gunsling

First off thanks for posting the method. For four hours I've working on this achievement. I've sat through the scout offence in practice running it 24/25 plays and watching Wyoming's quarterback decide to tuck it and run rather than throw it up. My only chance for an interception has been when they actually throw it deep and whenever that happens I get in position and watch as a teammate of mine runs out of nowhere and steals it from me. That being said, and four hours later, I've been able to intercept the ball using reaction time five times in RTG practice and once in an RTG game using this method and the achievement never unlocked. Still, thanks for sharing. It seems to be working for others.

I been at this for about two hours now no luck still going on doing practice mode the first week if i fail i back out and load up the save from begining of first practice

Woooooooo finally got this achievement yay used the method above and got in practice mode on my 5th interception after 8 hours but I found a trick anytime I was close to the qb or RB and intercepted nothing happened so what I did was dumb the speed and acceleration of all the strong safeties free safeties and cornerbacks and waited till the qb threw a hail Mary none of defenders even came close and I was standing in the end zone all by myself and the qb throwing me a gift lol so if u want to try this as well if you are stuck it might help if u need more info message me on xbl legendkilla20

Now all I got left is highlight of the year achievement which I can't get cause I have no hard drive only 4 gig console which will not let u get this achievement can anyone confirm if they got it using a USB ?

Why do you edit the RB?

Now, I went to practice. It could be just coincidence, but because I maxed out the RB, the majority of the plays were run through the RB. I crept up to the line of scrimmage, looking for a screen pass to the RB. After about 10 reps, they ran several screen plays in a row. As you see the pass going to the RB, simultaneously run to intercept it as you hold the LT down to turn on the Reaction Time. If you intercept it, the achievement pops.

You don't necessarily have to do it.