Dumb tickers = Free XP

RuffRiider

Set up a horde game on insane from wave 1 on security. Shut down the lasers then get inside the safe zone. As long as you make it there in one piece that's all you have to do. Watch the dumbass tickers run to turn the security system off and explode 1 by 1.

I'm up to wave 10 right now which took 4 minutes but that will get progressively higher. Stick the box on, set up a game of horde using this method, go watch a movie, earn over 300,000 XP, restart, go for a nap, earn over 300,000 XP, restart, go for a tommy, earn over 300,000XP, you get the idea.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should've made it so the tickers can disable the barriers.

Nice find though; should be easier now for the people who are still trying to achieve their wings but are constantly annoyed by excessive amounts of non-boosters and/or bots.

I think they try to disable them but the interact button is their suicide button. I'm on wave 16 after 45 minutes.

Set up a horde game on insane from wave 1 on security. Shut down the lasers then get inside the safe zone. As long as you make it there in one piece that's all you have to do. Watch the dumbass tickers run to turn the security system off and explode 1 by 1.

I'm up to wave 10 right now which took 4 minutes but that will get progressively higher. Stick the box on, set up a game of horde using this method, go watch a movie, earn over 300,000 XP, restart, go for a nap, earn over 300,000 XP, restart, go for a tommy, earn over 300,000XP, you get the idea.

NICE! :woop:Im doing it right now, you dont even need a plug and charge kit... just take off the control batteries. It will take a while but instead i can watch a movie or date a girl :Bounce:

This is been known for a while. The problem is that they getting stack some times and you can sit there for hours on the same wave. If you decide to stay where the flamethrower is they getting stuck less but two tickers running through the lasers in short period of time means you're dead.

This is been known for a while. The problem is that they getting stack some times and you can sit there for hours on the same wave. If you decide to stay where the flamethrower is they getting stuck less but two tickers running through the lasers in short period of time means you're dead.

Mine keep getting stuck when standing in the larger area, might try standing where the flamethrower is but lowering the difficulty so 2 exploding in succession will not kill, maybe that will work? Obviously it will take more games but if it can be done unattended would be probably be worth it.

I've tried hiding at the flamethrower, got to wave 3...Ticker ran right toward me in the laser grid and I died instantly...only one ticker...I've tried standing in both corners and just standing in the back andd never seem to get farther than wave 6 ._. Same problem with the mortar area to, one always manages to get stuck so I kill it with said mortar.

Yesterday I noticed that on Casual or Normal it is very hard for Tickers to kill you when they explode right next to you when you are in cover. Multiple Tickers detonating simultaneously will kill you but if one blows it usually blows other Tickers away and you heal before more get back to you.

I have left myself in cover on a few different maps and sat there going through the waves like that, letting the Tickers come up and kill themselves. Unlike the same method on Security the Tickers seem to find their way to you the majority of the time.

You can also do it on a map with a boomshield on it at higher difficulties - park yourself in a corner and use something to hold the left trigger down.

It certainly works - I've gone to work today and left my guy crouched in cover behind one end of the diners bar on Nowhere. I'll see how far its got in a few hours when I get home.

If you want a change from the Security method and you can check up on it periodically (in case you do get blown up) then try it.

I did this all day yesterday on Day One repeating wave 1 on insane. I would run to the Family Fun Centre (blue building) and grab the boom shield that is there every wave. Then i would park myself in the corner near the boom shield spawn point. Was taking about 1minute to get 6250. After the wave Id either run upstairs to the torque bow and kill myself with it or Id wait for tickers to kill me. Went from 96-100 in a very short time doing this method. Worth about 200,000xp per hour.

I tried letting it play itself on Security but got killed at wave 8 first time and wave 4 2nd. Besides, I wanted to be there when Veteran Gear unlocked. Best cheevo ever and got it 100% in horde :woop:

I did this all day yesterday on Day One repeating wave 1 on insane. I would run to the Family Fun Centre (blue building) and grab the boom shield that is there every wave. Then i would park myself in the corner near the boom shield spawn point. Was taking about 1minute to get 6250. After the wave Id either run upstairs to the torque bow and kill myself with it or Id wait for tickers to kill me. Went from 96-100 in a very short time doing this method. Worth about 200,000xp per hour.

I tried letting it play itself on Security but got killed at wave 8 first time and wave 4 2nd. Besides, I wanted to be there when Veteran Gear unlocked. Best cheevo ever and got it 100% in horde :woop:

How did you die on security?

Gotcha. I am (the moment i am typing this) sitting behind the sandbags watching the stupid things kill themselves.

Yeah i tried that too but sometimes 1 ticker would stay alive for ages. Definitely works tho, just takes a while. I earnt 5.1 million xp in horde over 4days this weekend past. Was so glad to see boomers replaced with tickers, so much so I didnt mind actually killing the tickers myself lol

Yeah i tried that too but sometimes 1 ticker would stay alive for ages. Definitely works tho, just takes a while. I earnt 5.1 million xp in horde over 4days this weekend past. Was so glad to see boomers replaced with tickers, so much so I didnt mind actually killing the tickers myself lol

how did you manage to get 5.1 million xp?