What mistakes/issues should be amended in MP for MW3?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back time-based TDM matches and I'm down. No fun in a match where the game ends after 5 minutes with a final score of 7500-600.

Make it an hour long match, like back in the COD3 days, so that the downside has a chance to come back, and the "rage quitting" will cease.

Belive me i'm pretty certain if a team is getting beat that much than another 55 mins of torture isn't going to help, also time-based TDM sounds okay but for an hour i'd think id fall asleep specially if it were a map like derail or something like that, i could take 15 or 20 mins but no way an hour.

Belive me i'm pretty certain if a team is getting beat that much than another 55 mins of torture isn't going to help, also time-based TDM sounds okay but for an hour i'd think id fall asleep specially if it were a map like derail or something like that, i could take 15 or 20 mins but no way an hour.

COD3 matches were straight-up battle...most people would end up with over 100 kills per game, and the good players could break 200. So a mere 75-6 kill lead by one team would be irrelevant.

COD3 matches were straight-up battle...most people would end up with over 100 kills per game, and the good players could break 200. So a mere 75-6 kill lead by one team would be irrelevant.

COD 3 didn't have kill streaks though, if a team is getting beat by that much surely the other team are just racking up kill streak after kill streak. In COD 3 it might be possible to haul a lead like that back but with the current CODs all i see is another 55 mins of the other team getting continuously raped which would in-turn would produce rage quitting.

Edited by mark23

If its possible, make it easier to be a host. I have a good connection and I cant host a game, there just arnt enough people that can host.

Also, take a step back. MW2 got to crazy with weird things you can do with perks(tactical knifing, unlimited powered up noob tubes) the good news is it sounds like they are doing that at least a little bit.

MW2 had a great campaign, and what I'm looking forward to most is the conclusion of this story. Cant wait till november!

Never say never. Also it would just be a massacre most games with one side being run out winners by miles. Just imagine being spawn trapped on Havana for an hour that would be amazing fun to be in and join mid way.

Obviously the game would be a lot different. Much bigger maps...vehicles...actual snipe spots...etc. It wouldn't be on these little cramped maps they have now.

Yeah vehicles definitely do not belong in what CoD has become. If you're looking for that real battlefield kinda deal, stick to Battlefield. CoD is meant to be accessible, quick, and fun without terribly overcomplicating things. I thought MW2 hit it pretty close.

I know its not MP, but the Campaign needs some serious work.

--RPGs shouldn't go through somebody without killing them.

--In the heat of battle, its not realistic that I'd get prone blocked, nor be unable to step onto a ledge 6 inches high.

--A.I. needs a serious overhaul. They need to learn to shoot at the enemy, and learn to GTFO of the way if they are not going to shoot at the enemy.

- a real penalty for RAGE-QUITTERS, they truly ruin the entire game

If there was a cod game that didn't have a ton of f*cking issues, this wouldn't be a problem.

• Late Joining

• Late Joining on a losing team

• Ghost Campers

• OMA Noobtubes

• Commando Lunges

• Panic knifed before I can shoot.

• Shitty hosts

etc etc

Edited by StayonTarget

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestions:

- Spawn deaths/kills don't count. Actually I think every single multiplayer game should implement this idea. If you are killed within 3 seconds of spawning, your death does not count (in your stats or in the game's scoreboard) and the "killer" does not get a kill (in his stats or in his team's score for that game). This 3 second window is extended if the game spawned you in an area where a napalm or other airstrike had already been called in prior to you spawning (in other words, tango calls an airstrike, then you spawn in that location, 5 seconds later the airstrike kills you because you couldn't get away fast enough -- doesn't count cuz computer deliberately spawned you in a deathzone). You should not be penalized for the game's stupidity and the "killer" should not get a freebie.

- You should be able to set your preference for matchmaking. (a) quick match = you just want to jump into a game with decent ping and minimal wait time, OR (b) new match = you are willing to wait until the start of a new game (i.e., I don't want to join a game in progress, regardless of how much time is left)

- Matchmaking lobbies should be purged/reset after every few matches. In other words, the game automatically moves some players out of the lobby into another lobby and brings in new people. I find that it gets too predictable when you're playing match after match with the same people. You know who's quick scoping, who's using shottie, who camps, etc. and the game becomes less challenging and fun, imo.

- Ricochet should return in hardcore. While I understand that the death does not count against you in BO, it ruins the momentum of the game if you were in a crucial position at the time and thus your betrayer should be penalized and not you.

Edit: K/D stats should be split. Kills you achieve with your hand/knife/equipment should be in one stat. Kills via airstrikes should be a separate stat. That way we can tell the campers from the real players.

Edited by fastNcurious

Edit: K/D stats should be split. Kills you achieve with your hand/knife/equipment should be in one stat. Kills via airstrikes should be a separate stat. That way we can tell the campers from the real players.

I don't see how this would help tell the campers from the 'real players' but I do think it could be a smart idea!

Just see: A camper can sit in the corner with his silenced weapon and get 10 kills.

A camper can sit in the corner with an airstrike and get 10 kills over the course of the match.

I don't see where you were going with that.. lol

I don't see how this would help tell the campers from the 'real players' but I do think it could be a smart idea!

I admit, it's not the definitive indicator of a camper. You'd have to look at other stats as well.

By "real player" I mean someone who might actually be good in a gunfight. I find it deceptive when people have super high k/d's that are mainly propped up by their killstreak kills. Killstreak kills, in and of themselves, require no skills. Sure getting that streak requires skill and luck (assuming you didn't camp like a boy scout), but it doesn't take any skill to get kills with a napalm or bomber or those ridiculous dogs.

My suggestions:

- Spawn deaths/kills don't count. Actually I think every single multiplayer game should implement this idea. If you are killed within 3 seconds of spawning, your death does not count (in your stats or in the game's scoreboard) and the "killer" does not get a kill (in his stats or in his team's score for that game). This 3 second window is extended if the game spawned you in an area where a napalm or other airstrike had already been called in prior to you spawning (in other words, tango calls an airstrike, then you spawn in that location, 5 seconds later the airstrike kills you because you couldn't get away fast enough -- doesn't count cuz computer deliberately spawned you in a deathzone). You should not be penalized for the game's stupidity and the "killer" should not get a freebie.

Couldn't agree more, hate it when the game spawns you in the middle of a chopper gunner 4 times in a row twice a match, ruins your k/d ratio. or when you spawn run forward & theres a guy in front of you he kills you, its just idiocy. hopefully the spawning system will be much improved, like when someone is calling in a killstreak like a pred or chooper gunner you spawn indoors,its only fair

I hope Martyrdom doesn't come back. That was a terrible perk (but I must admit, got a lot of kills with it).

I hope the Riot Shield is gone. It's good for some games like Search and Destroy but really annoying in Team Deathmatch. Someone just sits in a corner with that instead of actually contributing to the game.

Both of them are eagerly waiting for you to witness them rape your face in Mw3 :)

And Riot shield good in Search? Thats the only game mode they can take that piece of shit fucking thing out from, i hate riot shield homos in SND

Wasnt Lightweight taken out aswell?

• 4 weeks later...
I have a big one: make it harder to no scope and 360 no scope. It's things like this that made me switch to Battlefield.

Great choice considering BFBC2 no scopes are deadly straight whereas on CoD they just are luck most the time with the addition of magnum ammo you have your very own long range shotgun. Best logic ever.