Punished for boosting? Are you serious Treyarch?

What bothers me more than that is being punished for leaving a match. Under normal circumstances that's fine, but while trying to get the party games achievement, I was put into 3 gun games mid match. Rather than waste my time trying to win when everyone else already had 10+ kills, I leave. Go back in and get a message about being put on "probation" where I wouldn't be able to play public matches for a certain period of time. That's cool and all, and I'd be more than happy to stay in my matches, SO QUIT THROWING ME IN THERE MID-MATCH.

- Don't create multi-player-versus achievements so no one is tempted to boost. I'll boost the hell out of MP-versus, if I can, because I despise MP-versus achievements.

- How will you know if someone is using profane, racially-charged language? I've heard the most ridiculous words online about people's sisters and mothers. Can we report it? Is there a way to police language? Good luck with that.

- Don't offer symbols to create an emblem that could be considered sexual or racial.

If treyarch didn't want people to misuse something, then don't bother giving them the option.

I'm mostly curious as to how treyarch is going to police these rules.

What the big surprise. Treyarch did the same things with the First Black Ops and the game was better for it.

I do agree however, that multiplayer achievements are the worst. And if you give people the ability to easily create offensive, immature emblems, people will create offensive, immature emblems. This is sad, but true.

Edited by ZingZitang

The quit ban things is hilarious. Who thinks of this shit. Fair enough you get kids who rage quit. But then you search for a match join half way through while your team is getting raped and you cant leave....

Used to pee me right off, but back on MW3, a mate of mine when we were just playing the two of us, when we'd get thrown in a game that is already in progress, on the loading screen he'd dashboard.

I'd just quit once the game had loaded and wait for him to load up again, but wouldn't that work around this? Or has it already been tried?

I mean, you're not technically in the game, right?

funny about the emblems ban. If you going to put a symbol that looks like the head of a dick!! you can expect people to make a dick!! Under the symbol is says pillow. I dont know what kinda pillow the designers are sleeeping on!!!

Look at my emblem uppidy... lol wonder how long until the ban hammer hits me.

Haha, I expect a full response. I want to see if they will actually ban anyone. Created it last night.

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET

Used to pee me right off, but back on MW3, a mate of mine when we were just playing the two of us, when we'd get thrown in a game that is already in progress, on the loading screen he'd dashboard.

I'd just quit once the game had loaded and wait for him to load up again, but wouldn't that work around this? Or has it already been tried?

I mean, you're not technically in the game, right?

Got point. Have not tried it. I don't play COD online anyway because i hate it :p But that's worth a try

Offensive behaviour? Are you serious? Well that will reduce the player base by 50% over night lol....

Don't recall many matches since COD 4 where someone didn't get called any and every expletive you care to mention...Never done it myself as i rarely use a mic and I am not that type of person, but even though I don't like it, it has kind of become part of the COD landscape lol.

A more pressing matter would be to ban dick heads who play their own shite taste of music over the mic, or 12 year old kids whining and shouting their mouths off.

How about 'Anybody found to have a voice clearly revealing they are too young for the 18 age rating of the game will be perma-banned'

But of course I agree with the hacking / modding bans etc totally

SO QUIT THROWING ME IN THERE MID-MATCH.

I would rather wait 2-3 minutes for a new match than EVER be randomly thrown into a match already in progress. That pretty much always equals a loss.

funny about the emblems ban. If you going to put a symbol that looks like the head of a dick!! you can expect people to make a dick!! Under the symbol is says pillow. I dont know what kinda pillow the designers are sleeeping on!!!

Quoted for truth. I can recall quite a few rather gratuitous emblems over in the first Black Ops. I'd never seen so much pussy and dick in a game before... Whoever thought that it was a good idea to include a lip image must have been on some serious medication.

- Don't create multi-player-versus achievements so no one is tempted to boost. I'll boost the hell out of MP-versus, if I can, because I despise MP-versus achievements.

I don't mind the MP achievements so much as I mind the fact that 9 times out of 10 they are fucking retarded. I love BF3, but their online cheevos are just plain not worth messing with. "Get a kill with a jet, a tank and an assault rifle in one life." Half of the people that play that game can't fly a jet for shit, much less kill someone, and then find a tank and then kill someone with their assault rifle.

The quit ban things is hilarious. Who thinks of this shit. Fair enough you get kids who rage quit. But then you search for a match join half way through while your team is getting raped and you cant leave....

Did I miss something? Where does it say anything about there being a penalty for quitting out of games?

A more pressing matter would be to ban dick heads who play their own shite taste of music over the mic, or 12 year old kids whining and shouting their mouths off.

This is why my console is set for no communication unless it's party/private chat. If I can't physically punch some asshat in the face for assailing my ears with their shitty music, then eliminating the problem is the next best thing.

Hahaa, that Booster Justice guy is ace. It's actually given me incentive to maybe give Free For All a go (I hate Free For All)... but to do this... it'll sure get me kills with things I never use (C4, Claymore, RPG, Ballistic Knife, Crossbow). And 'cos I'm killing boosters and am a lone wolf, I won't be boosting 'cos I don't know them ;)

Hahaa, that Booster Justice guy is ace. It's actually given me incentive to maybe give Free For All a go (I hate Free For All)... but to do this... it'll sure get me kills with things I never use (C4, Claymore, RPG, Ballistic Knife, Crossbow). And 'cos I'm killing boosters and am a lone wolf, I won't be boosting 'cos I don't know them ;)

I love free 4 all.. when all my friends an I get together online, this is what we play.. but playing with randoms isn't very fun.. but when you get a whole lobby of friends then It's awesome!!

There's just no need to boost this game. The only mp achievement that would take any time is to prestige once. Play the double xp weekend and you'll get that even if you suck at the game.

As far as obscene emblems go, if the limit of your creativity is crude nudity and bestiality and crap, you really don't deserve the option to have an emblem. Grow up. I've seen some really cool, inventive emblems, and none of them contained a dick.