Do you think there'll ever be a Mass Effect 4?

Slaughter.

EA slaughtered Dead Space... I'll bet they'll destroy this [Mass Effect 4] if it means they make more money.

Yeah, didn't EA mention it planned to have those bloody microtransactions in every single one of their future games? At least we won't have to suffer from a Dead Space 4. It was in the early planning stages, but poor sales of Dead Space 3 forced a halt in the production of Dead Space 4. So if nobody buys Mass Effect 4, or whatever it will be, then EA will not agree to a Mass Effect 5 if Mass Effect 4 didn't make them nearly as much money as Mass Effect 3 did.

Then we do this with Battlefield 4...nobody buy Battlefield 4! And God knows where we should go from there. Call of Duty's a big threat.

Money speaks.

At least we won't have to suffer from a Dead Space 4. It was in the early planning stages, but poor sales of Dead Space 3 forced a halt in the production of Dead Space 4.

You are aware that this rumor was completely false and denied by both Visceral and EA and that no sales figures for Dead Space 3 have been released right? Or are you still seriously going on about a fabricated news story?

At least we won't have to suffer from a Dead Space 4. It was in the early planning stages, but poor sales of Dead Space 3 forced a halt in the production of Dead Space 4.

It was a rumor, dude. That article was update saying the following:

EA has responded to the rumours regarding the Dead Space series, with the following statement: "These rumours are patently false. While we have not released sales data for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and it continues to be an important IP to EA."

You are aware that this rumor was completely false and denied by both Visceral and EA and that no sales figures for Dead Space 3 have been released right? Or are you still seriously going on about a fabricated news story?

It was a rumor, dude. That article was update saying the following:

EA has responded to the rumours regarding the Dead Space series, with the following statement: "These rumours are patently false. While we have not released sales data for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and it continues to be an important IP to EA."

Whoops, sorry guys. Thanks for letting me know.

Now I am informed.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tapbxpDj1rd0bdso1_500.gif

I have yet to play the series, so right now I'm not hoping for anything to happen, especially that I don't know what happened at the end of 3 which has got everyone all insane.

You don't want to scar yourself with such a terrible ending, it wouldn't be humane.

They're already working on it! A touch of co-op would be welcoming if you ask me.

Mass Effect seems designed for Co-op, EA likes to cut back on it's development to make a profit though :p

I can agree with a few people that co-op would be great but then u have to deal with what everyone else did in their old mass effect files from their different story endings.

Plus we have to remember that Shepard won't be part of this unless the mention him/her in your story.

But remember at the end of ME3 the child asked about another story of "The Shepard" which means maybe they will make one more of Shepard even thought that may or may not happen.

But remember at the end of ME3 the child asked about another story of "The Shepard" which means maybe they will make one more of Shepard even thought that may or may not happen.

Interesting, Bioware could use that little window to disregard the ending, that nobody but EA's wallets liked, made by two of the studio's former employees. :)

Co-op players could join as N7 operatives (with their Shepard data), or Spectres (with their ME3 MP data) Mass effect is still under Bioware's reign so compatibility with additional features isn't an issue.

See...this annoys me to no end. If it has co op...and you don't want co op...DONT PLAY CO OP. Single Player elitists can all die in a fire.

Co Op should be in more games, not everyone is a friendless single player only gamer.

RPG's usually have you with other NPC's 100% of the time anyway, no reason one of them couldn't be a friend. Just having the option would at least please those of us who love co-op. And you SP only guys can just play it alone.

Co-op can turn a bad game into a more enjoyable one if I can at least suffer through it with a friend instead of by myself.

How can you usually have 100% of the time? Makes no sense. Also, saying people are elitist for preferring a single player experience and can die in fire just mmakes you sound intolerantof other people's views. More of a co op elitist? RPG'S make you the protagonist and immerse you in the story as you set off to save the world etc. If you prefer co op, Saints Row, Gears of War Army of 2 all offer a co op experience. RPG'S tend to focus on SP. Except Sacred 2. But I think you said somewhere eelse you have played it.

How can you usually have 100% of the time? Makes no sense. Also, saying people are elitist for preferring a single player experience and can die in fire just mmakes you sound intolerantof other people's views. More of a co op elitist? RPG'S make you the protagonist and immerse you in the story as you set off to save the world etc. If you prefer co op, Saints Row, Gears of War Army of 2 all offer a co op experience. RPG'S tend to focus on SP. Except Sacred 2. But I think you said somewhere eelse you have played it.

i think that most of the time, co-op makes it easier for people to carry eachother. That's why a lot of people like it as well. Unless the game is made from the start with it, then it just sours the story-based experience.

One person wants to watch / read the story, while the other just mashes to get past it. No doubt that ME4 will feature something, since it's a forced addition for the developer.

Good thing we have other actual RPG's coming out.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this because it's in Games. There's another thread, but that's in ME3 section and well, this isn't about ME3.

994390_629219453767178_871415219_n.jpg

First image of the next chapter in Mass Effect.

Edit.

More images.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-08-mass-effect-4-teaser-images-released-by-bioware

Edited by iBuzz7S

RPG's usually have you with other NPC's 100% of the time anyway, no reason one of them couldn't be a friend. Just having the option would at least please those of us who love co-op. And you SP only guys can just play it alone.

I don't see anything wrong with adding co-op, personally wouldn't use it myself. But co-op in RPGs tend to feel like SP games that have an additional person thrown in. This is especially true when the second (third, fourth, etc.) player just becomes one of the first player's teammates. Borderlands is the series that comes to my mind when you think about ones that did co-op very well, but most just feel like a poorly designed afterthought that was just put in to try and bring in the few more people they would get that think like you.

See: Dead Island (Poor game but apparently more enjoyable in co-op).

I loved playing the Dead Island series so far. Even in single player.

As for Mass Effect trilogy, I would have to say that ME2 was my favourite, and ME3 was my least favourite.

I would welcome a new game in the universe of Mass Effect, but it would have to be completely new in terms of story. A mention to the past heroics of the Shepard era would be a cool touch, but not focusing too much on it. As for co op? Well, if implemented correctly, then yeah why not. Just not for the sake of it. Can't comment on ME3 MP, as i never tried it out.