Servers and Loading times

Elit3Ski11s

Just about every time I'm 10-15 minutes into the session I either lag out or everyone else from the lobby is kicked.

edit: my NAT is open btw, so I'm assuming it's on Rockstars' end.

Same thing happens to me, and the stupid thing is the online worked perfectly fine for me up until they came out with Update 2 for Xbox One and it seems ever since then it has been messing up.

If I'm even able to actually get in a game finally I'll think it will be all good but out of no where it will just kick me out and a message pops up instantly saying

" Connection to the session is lost due to an unknown error. please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later. "

And it automatically puts you back into Singleplayer. My Nat Type is open as well, and I've got the best possible Internet from Xfinity in my area you can get so I know it's not my Internet causing these issues.

It's pretty fucking frustrating to say the least considering it was working for me just fine until Update 2 came out. I'm really really hoping they fix it soon or at least acknowledge the fact that it's still fucked up.

I knew I couldn't have been the only one having these issues.

I've pretty much given up on it for the moment, can never seem to join the one buddy that plays GTAO. He can't join me, I can't join him, invites don't seem to work (or take forever and then just dump you back into single player). We spend way more time in menu and loading screens than playing the actual game.

Never had this much issue with the 360 version, beyond the initial GTAO launch problems. Wondering if them bumping up the player count has cocked it all up.

so I guess GTA online is still borked then? I gave up on it and went back to Dragon Age when it kept shoving me into lobbies all on my own and failed to join missions constantly then kicked me offline because it took too long reconnecting to my empty lobby when joining the mission failed

I contacted support with the same issue, their response.... I need a minimum of 6mbps upload speed to prevent the errors! Lol, I get barely 5mbps download speed right now! The 360 version was fine with my speeds.

maybe the 1st person mode, 30 player lobbies and slightly better graphics require 1-2mbps more then the old version lol

Edited by Sm0keytrip0d

Had a strange night last night

Firstly I can't get into normal multiplayer without constant kicking (nat is open)

So me and a few buddies just go in private and do stuff none of us bothered online much because of gtav launch during 360 days so we all started around rank 5-10 on xbox one

Anyway last night major problems getting into a game together and when I'm finally in after half hour of restarting console broadband and everything I get 3 achievements pop

Reach level 25

Reach level 50

Reach level 100

I'm only rank 23

maybe the 1st person mode, 30 player lobbies and slightly better graphics require 1-2mbps more then the old version lol

I thought about that, I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to stuff like this but I'd have thought slightly faster download speed for the increased number of players ie info on position/what is equipped/vehicle/voice comms etc but that info is processed locally (apart from voice comms I assume). Can't see upload speed needing much of an increase, after all all you are needing is to send your own info to the server.

Must admit though after contacting support and querying the statement about upload speed (to which they replied that the latest patch solved the issue, then suggesting that it's the other players joining the lobby which boots people, both of which I questioned), my disconnects have dropped dramatically, after I gave them my IP address details etc..