PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Persona 4 Arena
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #31
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Awesome Teddie Guide & Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoschao222 View Post
Alright, since it took me two days to respond, I'll try to get at least Teddie and prosibly Chie up by the end of tomorrow.

edit: Teddie was finished some time ago, but uploading will need to wait till later today. A disclaimer though is that I haven't slept in 50 hours or so, so I make a lot of sloppy mistakes in the Teddie run. All the same, it still shows my general strategy, though...
Thanks for being the BEARer of a video run-through with Teddie. I don't think running through Score Attack with him is something I could overBEAR after a while. I really think you(if you're able to of course) should only post video runs for the more annoying characters to get it done with to make this guide as helpful as possible. All of the easier chars to clear it with such as Kanji, Labrys, Akihiko and Yu are self-explanatory but anybody else would be a awesome. You got Teddie now, so lets see if we can get some Mitsuru, Yosuke, or Chie in the future to improve this Strategy Guide 10 fold!

Score Attack Training Mode Option
What's also been helping me out the most with Score Attack is Training Mode. If you go to Training Mode, press start then go to Practice Dummy Option and Set the COM Level to 100 you'll basically be facing a non-buffed Score Attack version for that particular character you need to practice against. They fight basically EXACTLY the same way they would if you were to face them in Score Attack making it easier to assess some of their movements and common attack attempts. You may even be able to give them their buffs by going to "Character Specific Settings" at the pause menu and adjusting their charge levels.

This was especially helpful for me in figuring out Elizabeth's reaction attack patterns as well as other later characters. She keeps beating me after a Card Throw(usually sends me flying away across stage) and then Heals afterward before I can stop her. But pretty much only Mitsuru and Yu give me issues at times other than her, it's still a handy tool.

Last edited by FeLizP; 09-03-2012 at 12:02 AM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #32
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Well ultimately I'd like to get them all up, just for completion's sake, and I mean, with the easier characters it's not like it'd take that much effort, either. Later today I might try Yosuke, but I went 7X hours without sleeping, and when I tried to get sleep just a bit ago, I only got 6 hour, not sure how well I'll be able to function. I don't wanna end up making a bunch of sleepy runs that are extra sloppy, so I'll see how awake I'm feeling later today.
chaoschao222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Well ultimately I'd like to get them all up, just for completion's sake, and I mean, with the easier characters it's not like it'd take that much effort, either. Later today I might try Yosuke, but I went 7X hours without sleeping, and when I tried to get sleep just a bit ago, I only got 6 hour, not sure how well I'll be able to function. I don't wanna end up making a bunch of sleepy runs that are extra sloppy, so I'll see how awake I'm feeling later today.
Even better. I only mentioned doing only some of the characters to possibly minimize your work. But I'm sure you get an enjoyment out of doing these runs anyway right?

Rest is important. It makes your Score Attack playthroughs look more serene and immaculate. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #34
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
lol, I see the majority of this topic is Feliz and Chaos at it with helpful tips in S.A. (Which I'll probably never beat it with everyone, lol.)

Sig by Setsuna

The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #35
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Yosuke run recorded. However, compressing it causes major slowdown on my computer, and I really wanna watch Sp00ky's stream today (a combo of my two favorite things, Fighting Games and Speedruns), so the upload will have to wait until after the marathon.

Notes on Yosuke, the in-game music just straight up stops at the end of the Labrys fight, this is because I put on my own music at that point (I edited out my playing with the XBL UI this time, so you don't see me turning on/pausing music).
Old 09-04-2012, 03:59 AM   #36
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Yosuke up now, as mentioned, music issues at the end of Labby fight onward.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #37
FeLizP
Banned User

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Yosuke up now, as mentioned, music issues at the end of Labby fight onward.
Impressive run with a lot of close calls. Just cleared Score Attack with Yosuke. What really made it feasible was his unrivaled speed, reach and mobility making it easy to punish just about anything.

As a friendly update, here are the characters you have left to post a Score Attack video run-through with:

Elizabeth
Yu
Mitsuru
Chie
Naoto
Labrys
Akihiko
Kanji

Last edited by FeLizP; 09-24-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #38
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
It's been a while since I've done anything here, this week's XBL sales were nice so I picked up some Arcade games, I'll get Liz recorded today, and will try Mitsuru once, and if that works out well, then yay, she'll be done, too.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #39
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
urgh.... stuff keeps going wrong when uploading the Liz run... it'll hopefully be up shortly...

edit: finally up. will hopefully do Mitsuru's by the end of the week, but there's still the issue of not having a good strategy down with her....

Last edited by chaoschao222; 09-10-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #40
Nanashii

I would love to see a video for Naoto. She's giving me a lot of trouble due to low HP, bad normals, and overall bad damage.
Nanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #41
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Alright, I'll forgo doing Mitsuru for a bit and try Naoto instead, though it still may need to wait for the weekend since I'm playing a lot of UMvC3 atm.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Naoto done, I'll compress and upload now, may take a fair few hours, though.

edit: Naoto up.

I'm basically done with P4U forever, but if any other characters need runs done, inform me by PM, because I won't be found here.

Last edited by chaoschao222; 01-02-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #43
Pusha

Pusha187's Gamercard
Holy hell, Score attack is hard. Finally at that point to do it. Got up to Teddie so far with Kanji, almost beat Teddie once, so close. I got a long road ahead of me.
Pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
Emblem566

EnigmaPenguin9's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, this should help with passing it a little. Got to Teddie so far.
Emblem566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #45
Lupin IV

Styles Plural's Gamercard
I was starting to get into this game and heard the Score Attack was pretty rough. I did Unlimited Mars for Blazblue CS Extend for the PS3 and it wasn't too bad after you figured out the AI.

This shouldn't be too much different.

EDIT: I have finished Score Attack with all characters. Thanks for the tips Chao.

"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea."

Last edited by Lupin IV; 10-28-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Lupin IV is offline   Reply With Quote