Collectible Guide: Episode 2

Arsenic 17

ADERA COLLECTIBLE GUIDE: EPISODE 2

This guide will help you find all 45 collectibles in Episode 2 and it can be used in one of two ways. It is laid out such that you could use it step-by-step while playing through the game, as the collectibles are listed in a fairly logical and progressive order. However, most of them are quite easy to find and it is probably best just to find as many as you can on your own and refer to this guide to mop-up the few you missed. The collectibles in this guide are numbered in a way that you can quickly look up which ones you are missing. The numbering (i.e. Butterfly 2/3) refers to the second butterfly in the collectibles screen for butterflies (in the Episode 2 section), not necessarily the 2nd one you should or will come across in the game.

WARNING: May contain some very mild locational-based spoilers

COLOR CODING KEY:

Technology (3)

Coins (6)

Caste Knots (3)

Bioluminescent Life (4)

Jewelery (6)

Oceanic Relics (2)

Memorial Ribbons (3)

Butterflies (4)

Singing Stones (2)

Family Relics (8)

Feathers (4)

Family Relic (3/8) - Harmonic of Amaro - At the start of the episode, look back across the broken bridge you came across. Zoom in on the bridge. It is in the grass to the right.

Caste Knot (1/3) - Once-Knotted Cord - Same location as above. It is attached to the bamboo piece hanging down.

Technology (1/3) - Coil Tubes - To the left of the broken red gate, zoom in on the sentry position (the stone structure). It is to the right of the structure on the ground in the grass.

Jewelery (1/6) - Red Hairuro Seed Necklace - From the scene with the broken red gate, zoom on the pile of rocks near the gate. It is tucked behind the rocks in the grass.

Singing Stone (1/2) - White Andesite Singing Stone - From the scene with the broken red gate, zoom in on the gate itself. It is above the hole in the gate.

Family Relic (2/8) - Straight Razor of Amaro - Same location as above. It is in the bottom right nook in the gate.

Feather (2/4) - Cock of the Rock Feather - In the scene with the bee's nest, zoom in on the prickly berry bush to the left. It is behind the leaves on the right. It is bright orange.

Butterfly (2/4) - Waterfall Birdwing Butterfly - In the scene with the bee's nest, it is on the trunk of the tree on the right in plain sight.

Caste Knot (2/3) - Four-Knotted Cord - Same location as above. Scrolls the scene so you can see all the way to the top left of the scene. It is hanging from the tree branches.

Butterfly (1/4) - Longwing Mime Butterfly - In the scene with the stone bridge (path right of broken red gate), it is in plain sight to the left on the rocks.

Feather (4/4) - Albatross Feather - Same location as above. Zoom in on the little bird sitting on the rocks (or just the rocks to the left of the bridge if the bird is gone already). The feather is on the rock to the left side of the screen.

Feather (1/4) - Clockwork Feather - Same location as above. It is on the ground in the bottom left corner of the screen. The feather is yellow.

Singing Stone (2/2) - Rust Singing Stone - In the scene with the stone bridge, zoom in on the broken pipe looking structure to the right of the bridge. It is partially visible sticking out of the grass near the fiery area.

Technology (3/3) - Scope - In the scene past the stone bridge one, it is in the middle of the screen, in the mossy area.

Memorial Ribbon (1/3) - Portrait Ribbon - Same location as above. It is laying on the rock to the right. The ribbon is red and twisted.

Caste Knot (3/3) - Three-Knotted Cord - Same location as above. It is located on top of the stone block on the left in plain view.

Coin (1/6) - Bronze and Gold Glyph Coin - Same location as above. It is on the ground, mixed among the small rocks on the right. The coin is yellow in color and diamond-shaped.

Family Relic (7/8) - Archaeologist Pick & Brushes Set - In the scene with the statue with the mechanical bird on it, zoom in on the statue. It is in the weeds, on the ground to the left.

Coin (6/6) - Bronze Quetzal Coin - In the scene with the sundial, zoom in on the large black gravestone to the left. It is on the ground in the grass to the right in plain sight.

Feather (3/4) - Emu Feather - Same location as above. It is on the ground at the base of the gravestone to the right in the grass.

Family Relic (5/8) - Quetzal Pouch - In the scene with the sundial, it is on the ground to the right hidden in some weeds.

Bioluminescent Life (4/4) - Pendulum Hypnotist Spider - Same location as above. Zoom in on the black gravestone that is directly behind the sundial. It is right on the face of the tombstone.

Family Relic (8/8) - Pottery Gift from Jane to Amaro - In the scene with the glowing tree, zoom in on the maggot-infested log on the ground. It is on the ground to the right in plain sight.

Coin (4/6) - Copper Tree Coin - Same location as above. On the ground in the grass to the left.

Butterfly (3/4) - Mottled Leaf Butterfly - In the scene with the glowing tree, zoom in on the upper left portion of the tree to its branches. The butterfly is on a branch in plain view.

Memorial Ribbon (3/3) - Bell Ribbon - Same location as above. It is hanging in the leaves vertically near the top middle of the screen. It is white and not hard to spot.

Jewelery (2/6) - Spiral Earnings - In the scene with the glowing tree, in the scene with the glowing tree, use the kaleidoscope as a key to open the box in the grass. It is inside there.

Bioluminescent Life (3/4) - Stardrop Speckled Salamander - In the scene with the lagoon (straight path past sundial), zoom in on the caiman (or the spot he was if he is gone). It is to the left of the caiman, partially concealed behind the reeds.

Family Relic (3/7) - Compass of Amaro - Same location as above. It is directly behind the caiman, under its tail. It is very easy to spot once you feed the caiman the jerky and it leaves.

Coin (5/6) - Silver Snake Coin - In the scene with the lagoon, it is to the left in the basket of logs in plain sight.

Jewelery (5/6) - Gold and Leather Headband - In the scene with the glowing mixture basin, zoom in on the basin. It is in plain sight on the left rim of the basin.

Jewelery (3/6) - Jeweled Sandals - Same location as above. On the lower right of the screen, in plain sight.

Bioluminescent Life (2/4) - Diamond Toad - In the scene with the glowing mixture basin, zoom in on the fish emblem to the right (brown circular object). It is partially concealed behind some stone blocks to the right of the emblem.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Coin (2/6) - Primitive Glyph Coin - In the scene with the glowing mixture basin, turn around and zoom in on the stone pillar to the left with the crystal leaves on it. It is partially concealed behind some stones to the left.

Oceanic Relic (1/2) - Sunstone - After inserting the glowing mixture in the sundial, go back to the scene with the 6 statues that are now illuminated in blue. Zoom in on the sun statue. It is on top of the statue on the left side, partially concealed.

Butterfly (4/4) - Sundrop Birdwing Butterfly - After inserting the glowing mixture in the sundial, go back to the scene with the 6 statues that are now illuminated in blue. Zoom in on the butterfly statue. It is on top of the statue.

Technology (2/3) - Mirror Relay - After inserting the glowing mixture in the sundial, go back to the scene with the 6 statues that are now illuminated in blue. Zoom in on the wind statue. It is on top of the statue, on the left side.

Memorial Ribbon (2/3) - Orchid Ribbon - After inserting the glowing mixture in the sundial, go back to the scene with the 6 statues that are now illuminated in blue. Zoom in on the seed statue. It is hanging from the right side of the statue.

Family Relic (6/8) - Magnifying Glass of Amaro - In the scene at the base of Amaro's tower, it is on the ground near the green and red bushes.

Jewelery (4/6) - Gold Bangles - Same location as above. Zoom in on the locked bird hutch on the left. Get the code by completing the frieze puzzle on the wall to the right of the hutch. The item is inside the bottom left of the hutch.

Family Relic (1/8) - Harpoon Head - In the ceremonial plaza scene, it is in the planter in the corner of the plaza closest to you in plain view.

Oceanic Relic (2/2) - Shark Tooth Knife - Go inside the trial door on the right in ceremonial plaza. It is on top of the table in the foreground of the screen, on the right.

Jewelery (6/6) - Woven Copper Torque - Same location as above. After completing the stone slab puzzle, a hatch will open to the left on the table. Zoom in on the hatch. It is in the back left corner partially concealed. The torque is red.

Bioluminescent Life (1/4) - Milky Way Iguana - In the middle and final trial room. After completing the puzzle, zoom in on the stairs area that opens ahead. It is on the ground, partially concealed at the base of the pedestal on the right side.

Coin (3/6) - Gold-Plated Elder Coin - Look directly at your feet before putting in the family crest inside the the Temple of the Elders. Look closely as it is the same color as the ground.

COLLECTIBLE GUIDES FOR THE OTHER EPISODES:

Episode 1

Edited by Arsenic 17

Awesome. Found every item except for Coin 3/6 without needing a guide, even after replaying twice and checking every inch of every screen, except for at the very end of the game of course :-)... thanks for the guide, finally got the last cheevo.

I spent my first playthrough tediously making this guide. And when I got to the final room, I saw I was only missing one coin. I was praying it was somewhere in that scene....and of course they like to hide stuff at your feet for no reason. Pumped when I got the least one. Overall the collectibles are pretty easy in this game. Just need to mop up a couple in most cases.

Technology (3/3) - Scope - In the scene past the stone bridge one, it is in the middle of the screen, in the mossy area.

I can't find this. Do I have to do something first to reveal it?

Nope I dont think so. It was just laying on the ground in plain sight. Make sure you are in the right scene.

• 1 month later...

First I would ask that you make entirely sure you collected every item from shown in the collectibles screen. Some collectible types (i.e. butterflies, coins etc.) are the same as episode 1, but there are new ones as well (i.e. caste knots, memorial ribbons, etc.).

If so, can you answer these questions?

Did you guys do anything different in your play though?

Did you finish episode then get rest of the collectibles?

Did you start a new playthrough to find the rest of them, or continue from your first playthrough (last checkpoint)?

Were you always connected to the internet during your playthroughs? Especially when getting the last collectible?

Edited by Arsenic 17

• 6 months later...
incorrect:

Family Relics (7)

Oceanic Relics (3)

Oceanic Relic (3/3) - Shark Tooth Knife

correct:

Family Relics (8)

Oceanic Relics (2)

Family Relics (1/8) - Shark Tooth Knife

thanks for the reminder. They updated these after they released the episode. Switched the harpoon from oceanic to family relic or vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I can't seem to locate Family Relic 1. I assume from the collection menu they go in order of gameplay. I have looked at the list and still cant seem to get it. Any tips for this?

Sorry mate. Just fixed this. An update to the game reshuffled some of the coliectbles into different categories for no reason. Family Relic 1 is the Harpoon Head, which used to be Oceanic Relic 2 or 3. Updated the guide now finally. Kept forgetting about it. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Sorry mate. Just fixed this. An update to the game reshuffled some of the coliectbles into different categories for no reason. Family Relic 1 is the Harpoon Head, which used to be Oceanic Relic 2 or 3. Updated the guide now finally. Kept forgetting about it. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

WOW! How on earth did I miss that big thing out in the open!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...