Extra-Length Episodes?

CeeDog99

This really applies to Episodes 1 & 2, but figured I'd post here since it relates to the latest update to add Episode 4.

Episodes 1 and 2 now show up with a little banner indicating Extra-Length Episode. Any idea what this means? I replayed Epi 1 as a test and saw no difference, although I skipped all cut scenes cause I've played it several times in the past.

No mention of this change on their Facebook.

Now that I think of it, perhaps they did this because they are making the new ones shorter?

This really applies to Episodes 1 & 2, but figured I'd post here since it relates to the latest update to add Episode 4.

Episodes 1 and 2 now show up with a little banner indicating Extra-Length Episode. Any idea what this means? I replayed Epi 1 as a test and saw no difference, although I skipped all cut scenes cause I've played it several times in the past.

No mention of this change on their Facebook.

Now that I think of it, perhaps they did this because they are making the new ones shorter?

yes this is just a change in the labeling really. and nothing more. they just want those there to justify the price difference for anyone looking at all the episodes. just give notion that the first two are longer. and the new ones will be shorter and cheaper from now on.

• 1 month later...

the developers talk about it here. http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/xbox_on_windows/a-d/f/3594/p/473358/2309832.aspx actually they are active in this forum so if you have issues you want to mention to them it would be a good place to do so. apparently 4, 5, and 6 will be longer than 3, but shorter than 1 & 2. episode 7 is the season finale and will be as long as 1 & 2 were. i'm sure this is subject to change though, that was just the plan they said at the time of writing.