EA is at it again ...

onemorechanc

I don't know how many people saw this, but it was buried in the description of the game:

EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON http://www.ea.com OR 30 DAYS AFTER THE LAST DAY OF THE 2008- 2009 NHL SEASON.

(from here http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410975/?p=1&of=0&sb=1#offers)

So, 30 days after Lord Stanley's cup has been claimed by the winning team, online play for this game is potentially dead in the water.

Way to go EA, another title to add to your winning record of supporting online features in the games that you publish.

"Way to go EA, another title to add to your winning record of supporting online features in the games that you publish."

...Oh you mean like Rock Band which has weekly updates of songs and new competitions almost daily? Or Burnout Paradise which is a completely different game now from when it was first released?

"Way to go EA, another title to add to your winning record of supporting online features in the games that you publish."

...Oh you mean like Rock Band which has weekly updates of songs and new competitions almost daily? Or Burnout Paradise which is a completely different game now from when it was first released?

First of all, Rock Band releasing songs every week has nothing to do with EA. Harmonix is releasing it, not EA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I am pretty sure that all EA sports games have something similar to this, whether it is 30 days for all, I am not sure, but I would bet on the fact that shutting down the sales would kill alot of sales, and they would not do it.

But, who knows, it is EA

ya...i was pissed when EA completely removed support for Live Score and Live Draft Tracker. I got my 200 in Live Score Tracker and bought the Live Draft Tracker and a week after i bought it, they removed support.

and this is what i want to do to EA for this and for NBA LIVE 06:

:grab

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got my last achievement for this one (play with 3 people locally in an online match). I used my second controller and my Guitar Hero guitar. I actually competed pretty good against the other team until one guy just kept running my goalie and the other one shooting in the empty net. They should have made the goalies invulnerable I think.

Edited by MetallicaDan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...