Do some all pivot points prevent achievements?

Spliffmeister

I was trying to do the Encyclopedia of the Common Man earlier and actually completed it. The miner was giving me a tough time so I activated the Sun and Moon hack. It allows saves so I assumed it would allow achievements yet I did not get the achievement upon completing the last scan of the miner. Also in the logbook, then woodworker's entry says its completed but it says its only 2/3 scans. Did I just screw myself over? Or is it a glitch? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Keep in mind that the woodworker 2/3-glitch is also just a "screen-glitch" which means as long as you have the entry in the logbook it does count towards the achievement. I had the same problem but the achievement unlocked without a problem after successfully scanning everybody.

I also can confirm that using a pivot hack will prvent you from obtaining any achievements.

That's the hack I was using. It kept the time of day to Daytime. So I can have Norris stay out and work. *sigh* oh well. Now I just got to hope the update unlocks the achievement for me. Otherwise I'll have to wait until my next playthrough to get this one.

So you're sure the weather/time of day hacks don't affect achievements?

Hmmm, well I guess I must have been wrong with my statement, sorry if I might have caused any trouble with this.

I got my information from the Piggybank Guide. The guide says clearly that using any pivot hack will prevent you from being able to obtain achievements. But on the other hand the guide could also be wrong, as it's often the case with Piggybank Guides ...

So the update came out. And the Woodworker glitch thing was fixed but I did not get the achievement. :mad: Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait til my next playthrough. *sigh* I hate leaving a game incomplete when I'm so close.

If there's some sort of trick to get it unlocked please let me know.

@spliffmeister

How about trying to turn off the hack and then scanning again everybody that you have scanned with the activated pivot hack?

I know, GamingDude said that for him the achievement unlocked when using the hack, but as I said before the official game guide says otherwise ... So who knows ...

Maybe it's worth a try before you decide to start over again ...

• 10 months later...