Ive Just Lost Evrything...

Yup. Stupid fucking corrupt save file.

After pissing around with Quake, Bioshock, Dead Risng Ive been double backing up everything with this game, every time Ive saved its been to the HDD and a MemCard.

After doing a run of achievemnts I saved to 2 different slots on each and had the autosave at the bottom. Turned off for ten to get some grub and all i got was every single fucking save slot was corrupt or 'cannot be fucking loaded'.

Booted to dash and sure enough, all my save files had yellow exclamation marks, the only save file left is 60odd% when i saved after first finishing the game.

Thank you Microshit for a faulty HDD, I expect one of your reps round for the next couple of days to get me back to my 83.50% so Im still in the running for Rockstars key.

dude all your stuff is backed up on the xbox servers... delete your profile and go and recover it.. i had the same problem... if you got acheivments your profile will always have those... you cant lose acheivments

Hes talking about save files, not achievements.

dude.....what the fuck

LMAO

I know bless, rang her nearly in tears. God its so frustrating. It makes my insides hurt!

I don't quite understand what you said. You paused the game for 10 mins then when you came back it was corrupted? Most the times I've seen corrupted data is the users fault, and what happened to your mem card?

Ive been double saving in 2 different slots. 2 on HDD and 2 on MemCrd. Ill save, get up, walk around, change clothes etc then save again so Ive always got two saves maybe a minute or two apart. From what I can see the autosave is also stored on the HDD and is the very bottom slot on the load screen although you cannot select it to overwrite.

so, 2 saves on HDD, 2 saves on MemCard and the autosave.

I saved as normal and exited to dash, then shut down as I always do. Had a bite to eat then booted back up. Message came up on screen before any of the loading screens "Game cannot be loaded" or summut and it started a new game. Went to load and all 4 save games were corrupted or couldnt be loaded.

Booted to dash and all GTA4 saves bar one had yellow ! symbol.

Had the same troubles with Dead Rising, Bioshock, Quake4, Bully, Crackdown (only DLC though) and HalfLife2. Every other game has been fine bar these.

Ive formatted, reformatted cleared caches etc etc but still the same problems. Im putting it down to a HDD problem as the above games when saved to MemCrd work fine.

Ive got into the habit now of reloading every gamesave before I turn off just to make sure I can still load after a shutdown.

Out of intrest, how do you intentionally corrupt a save? I mean, X360 is the only console Ive had so far to ever cause this problem. I can even remember putting a 95% complete Super Mario World SNES cartridrge through the wash and it just laughed a it!

Edited by IAmTheDude360

I have had corrupted save files before and they fix themselves somehow. Don't delete them. You might get lucky. I would murder the first person I saw if that happened to me. Sucks man....

This just furthers the issue people have with video games and violence.