So.. I have gotten into the habit of mining lol

XBM Yosho

Find anything interesting while mining? While I was mining to get a Flawless Ruby for that one quest, I managed to find TONS of flawless gems.

I usually get random assortments of gems, usually every two veins I will get a flawless something, But basic diamonds and emeralds yada yada show up a lot.

I cleared out Kolskegger mine and ended up with 51 gold ore and a crap load of gems.

I still would like to adorn armor with gold or silver, maybe even some gems.

It would be nice to have more customization, but I'm sure that would have added a lot more complexity to the game (and probably bugs :p).

Lol.. bugs yeah most likely. Do some minecraft smithing here, I want a damned diamond coated sword lol.

Golden Imperial armor IMO with the Spartan helmet would be so gdlk. For golden Imperial armor, I would allow.. maybe one bug, Not magicka resistance, but one.. maybe lol..

You know where a silver mine is? Kolskeggr mine is a gold one, But I dunno where a silver one is.

If you finish that quest for the 24 gems, does it also increase the chances of getting jewels from mining, or is it just from looting/searching chests?

It just increases your chance of finding gems while looting barrels and chests and urns.

But IMO.. I actually completed that quest on my previous character, jesus christ it got annoying..

Hey whats in this chest? More gems, How about this barrel, OH SHIT SON!!! more gems... Hmm maybe this urn will be different... nope.

La la la.. chest!! ehhh, Screw it it would only be gems... lol

Find anything interesting while mining? While I was mining to get a Flawless Ruby for that one quest, I managed to find TONS of flawless gems.

After starting the daedric quest to find the ruby i went on a mining spree & every 2nd vein would give me a flawless gemstone it was never a ruby. Knowing my luck i'll find the ruby somewhere else finish the quest then find nothing but flawless rubies while mining.

You know where a silver mine is? Kolskeggr mine is a gold one, But I dunno where a silver one is.

Karthwasten. There's a mine there (I believe it's Fenn's Gulch Mine) that has like 6 silver veins all right next to each other. The mine itself is pretty small (like 2 rooms) so they aren't hard to find. That's where I went and saved/reloaded a bunch of times to get a flawless ruby for that quest.

After starting the daedric quest to find the ruby i went on a mining spree & every 2nd vein would give me a flawless gemstone it was never a ruby. Knowing my luck i'll find the ruby somewhere else finish the quest then find nothing but flawless rubies while mining.

That's exactly what happened to me (see the first part of this post). I kept getting flawless gem after flawless gem, but never a ruby. Once I finally got one, I began to find them in chests EVERYWHERE.

Karthwasten. There's a mine there (I believe it's Fenn's Gulch Mine) that has like 6 silver veins all right next to each other. The mine itself is pretty small (like 2 rooms) so they aren't hard to find. That's where I went and saved/reloaded a bunch of times to get a flawless ruby for that quest.

I might give this a try, i never though about reloading saves over and over to try my luck at mining different stones, thanks.

I might give this a try, i never though about reloading saves over and over to try my luck at mining different stones, thanks.

I got the idea from a Yahoo! Answers page I think. It seems so obvious, I'm not sure how I didn't think of it myself.

EDIT: Yup, here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111114121324AAdKGHV

I horde everything i find... I did it in Morrowind and it worked wonders when i needed something.... I like the Geode veins in Black Reach where you get sooul gems... they come in handy with enchantments and recharges...

I like how we can make any kind of armour... a bit disappointed that the gold doesnt take a bigger role but who knows... there are expansions on the horizon....

The prison mine in Markarth is a silver mine. You get imprisoned there as part of a side quest and can mine a bunch of deposits (regular imprisonment limits how many veins you can ore).

I also found a Flawless Diamond in that mine.

Still mining silver and gold ore is kind of pointless if you have the Transmute spell. All you need with that is iron ore and you can make silver and gold ore.

Ok, we all have found flawless garnets and rubys so far, but what about Shappires?? Any locations where this are usual?

Also, on topic, I have gone to far with the mining stuff. I just have one character to extreme roleplaying (you know, when you create a rol for a character and live it to the limit) the concept, it´s an Orc, lives in one of the strongholds and everything he does is mining and smithing, nothing more, nothing less. He doesn´t care for guilds, dragons or shits, just mining...a true orc XDXDXD