Pleae Help Me Guys!!(spoilers)

Matt Jo

Ok last mission, called Out Of Commission. There is a part you must chase Jimmy, he is on a boat and you have a motorcycle, you must chase him along the coast line, eventually there is a jump that you have to go off of with your motorcycle. Everytime I go off though I fall in the water and fail the mission. I don't get it why can't I get past that part? Supposedly you have to get enough speed to get high enough to hit Jacob's helicopter. So could I technically stop before the ramp, back up, gain speed then hit the helicopter?? Or do u have to time it when the helicopter drives by? Like I don't get it. HELP!!

hey, double posting isnt cool. but it doesnt matter how fast you hit the jump. it starts a cut scene and you grab the leg of the helicopter. then you have to rapidly press the a button i belive to pull yourself up into the the helicopter and then continue the mission.

EDIT - also you have to hit that jump while the yellow marker is there. if the marker disapears you cant make the jump and have to start again, that might be your problem. so give that a try. and i hope that helps

Edited by Way Fast CBR

ok so I have to do it when the helicopter is in the general area? So when I see it and I hear Jacob I should just keep going and wait for the ramp to turn yellow and then I should go full speed at it and I should get it? Weird, I tried this like 3 times last night and it didn't work. I'll give it another go today, also once you hit the helicopter is there a checkpoint??

EDIT: Also is it like as long as the yellow marker is there I should get it automatically, cuz when I tried it the first two times the yellow marker was there but I failed, the third time it wasn't there so that is why I didnt make it, but the first two times I dunno what happened? As long as it is there and I have enough speed should I get it automatically?

Edited by Matt Jo
Forgot something

ok so I have to do it when the helicopter is in the general area? So when I see it and I hear Jacob I should just keep going and wait for the ramp to turn yellow and then I should go full speed at it and I should get it? Weird, I tried this like 3 times last night and it didn't work. I'll give it another go today, also once you hit the helicopter is there a checkpoint??

EDIT: Also is it like as long as the yellow marker is there I should get it automatically, cuz when I tried it the first two times the yellow marker was there but I failed, the third time it wasn't there so that is why I didnt make it, but the first two times I dunno what happened? As long as it is there and I have enough speed should I get it automatically?

Nope no checkpoints. In fact that was my problem with the mission is that I kept falling in the water when I was flying the chopper. I hated the fact that I had to do the whole thing over like 7 times.

really? the chopper part doesn't look to hard, you just have to avoid missiles for a minute of two.

btw is it possible to....do the mission then if I die you know how you get a checkpoint? well instead of responding to the txt msg right away, could I go to my safe house, save, then every time I turn back on my xbox I could just respond to the txt msg and i will get to start from the checkpoint, cuz the checkpoint only works if u keep your xbox on. wen u turn it off u lose the checkpoint.

good point but I usually had full health anyways cuz I always grabbed the health pack in the warehouse. wow i hope I can make tht jump, ill try it again after skool today and ill keep trying, once i make tht, the helicopter part seems easy. I just wanna beat the game and get the Liberty City Minute achievement so I could focus on doing side missions and stuff.