Bad soundtrack?

DrDrix

I've been listening to the radio for a couple of hours, but I could find any channel with good songs. Am I the only one to think that this soundtrack sucks? Anyways I would have liked some good music like in the previous GTA... what do you guys think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all the talk stations but most the time if I want music I listen to Radio Broker, the ads they play for it on the station sounds like they meant to put emo music on there or something but all the music is so funky I love it. If I get tired of that I go to either LCHC or Liberty Rock Radio.

I still think the best radio was Vice City's though

The soundtrack was ok, But i read that the music doesnt cycle in the radio stations. Thats a lie though because i swear everytime i get in a car and turn to whatever radio station i want to, i almost always know what song is about to play if the dj is talking,and then i can call the next song thats gonna play and so on. Im not even kidding i get tired of trying to listen to the radio because i almost ALWAYS hear the same song when i get in the car.

I like the soundtrack. I think that the radio stations arent as impressive as previous ones though. i think the reason for this could be that previous GTA's had more of a main theme as to the feel of the game which gave it a certain type of music that would go along with it which was easier to select good music combined with excellant comedy based on teh style of the music. IE Vice City had an awesome 80's feel to it which the soundtrack complimented excellantly.

GTA IV is a little more serious, a little less specific style wise, its modern day ina multicultural city where no one style seems to have over riding influence. its maybe therefore harder to pin down a certain style to satire.

I like the soundtrack. I think that the radio stations arent as impressive as previous ones though. i think the reason for this could be that previous GTA's had more of a main theme as to the feel of the game which gave it a certain type of music that would go along with it which was easier to select good music combined with excellant comedy based on teh style of the music. IE Vice City had an awesome 80's feel to it which the soundtrack complimented excellantly.

GTA IV is a little more serious, a little less specific style wise, its modern day ina multicultural city where no one style seems to have over riding influence. its maybe therefore harder to pin down a certain style to satire.

Great point! Couldnt agree with you more.

I do think that they could have done a bit better with this one but there are some decent stations: electro-choc, liberty city rock, WKTT, radio broker and vladiostock(sp?)

They still have some good songs on them

I don't like the soundtrack at all. I guess you can't expect much because this game is supposed to be modern and the music industry blows right now.

I'm big into rock music so I only like the Pumpkins song on Liberty Rock. The hardcore station sucks too and I like hardcore stuff. Where's the METAL?! I listen to the jazz station a lot because it's funny to hear when you're running people over or doing drive-bys.

What happened to using our own mp3 player for a soundtrack . I remember San andreas for xbox, you can use ripped songs as a playlist. They need to bring that back!!!

Umm, you either upload songs onto your console and play through the dashboard blade, or plug your iPod/mp3 player into your xbox, or stream off your laptop.

Theres 3 ways of doing it already. :/

Theres some good artists IMO, not a great soundtrack, Im using my mp3 player now, but here are some good ones:

Thin Lizzy

Genesis

Stevie Nicks

Queen

Swizz Beats

Iggy Pop

to name a few..