For those interested here are the 5 missions you need to complete to get the achievement for the dlc :-

1) Perform 5 special attacks.

2) K.O. opponent with his Super Combo Gauge maxed out.

3) Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less.

4) Get a perfect K.O.

5) Win 10 consecutive matches via K.O.

40 second mission made me destroy a perfectly good T-shirt. I went Hulk Hogan on it. Also cracked my controller. I ****ing HATE what it's ALL ABOUT LUCK AND NO SKILL! Sometimes I mashed out of rage and got as far as I did when I actually tried...

It was definitely the hardest mission for me. Akuma can be real cheap on that stage.

5) Win 10 consecutive matches via K.O.

Works like a Survival mode; after every win u get some of your energy back (no full recovery though). Akuma alternates between his two Ultra modes. If you get hit by his Ultra 1/4 - 1/3 of your lifebar is gone, so stay away once his bar is full and just spam fists 'til he hits nothing but air with his Ultra.

Difficulty: 5-6/10 tops

DLC Quality: not as good as the 1st one but ok. Was a bit disapointed about the ending.

Edited by HanzoHasashi

That 40 is even giving me problems. I had him down to nothing on his lifebar and he still got up afterwards. He loves to abuse that focus attack, but I hate that you can't really knock him out of an early one. Its like a full lvl 3 within a second. Seems Asura's new ultra kinda sticks damagewise and it scales bad with a decent combo in front of it and those damn wakeup ultra 2's waste sooooo much time.

So whats with the ending? I thought this was the last DLC?

SPOILERS

Asura beats akuma -- akuma turns into oni -- they fight 500 years pass by they're statues they wake up and it ends with a TBC......

Edited by BSM

Yeah DLC was pretty difficult. If there is going to be other DLC I hope it's no longer about SF. I got the fourth mission with only one second left on the clock. It's about luck indeed. The first move Akuma makes defines if you will be able to defeat him in fourty seconds or not. The fifth mission I got by spamming the X button attack. Wasnt that bad.

The ending was weird. Definitely hinted at more DLC but please no more fighting Akuma SF style. I want more Asura's Wrath gamplay! I got all the achievements though :)

Man did the perfect win give me insane amounts of trouble. He loved throwing out those focus attacks, but it was easy pickin's after I finished that, 10 wins was a piece of cake.

Perfect was really easy actually, I think I got it on my first try. He's very susceptible to long-range fireball spam. It will interrupt most of his shakunetsu hadokens and jumps.

Sometimes I'd catch him in a fireball spam, but he'd pull a double focus attack dash cancel and force me into a corner with EX air hadouken. Once I got off relying so much on zoning and forced myself forward I won. Ryu overall was the better perfect fight mission to me. Never really felt like it was cheap and was a rather straight up interesting challenge.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...