Working out?

Im Mr Godly

I've recently started playing Squash 2-3 times a week and I'm surprised at how fit I feel already. Really competitive with the guy I go with as well, we're both winners and hate to lose. :p

If I'm not playing Squash I'll either jump on the treadmill for a bit at home or lift some weights. Nothing serious, just pass the time for half an hour or whatever. Looking into buying a workout setup off a friend.

I've recently started playing Squash 2-3 times a week and I'm surprised at how fit I feel already.

Squash is good man. Makes you work heaps.

I play chicken with a few mates in an empty car park, that knackers me out completely lol

Lmao. I may be wrong but dont you play chicken with a car? Haha. Well, over here you do anyways?

My New Year's resolution was to do some form of exercise every day, and I've been fairly successful so far. I have a horse I ride 2-3xs/wk; do weights on my "Crossbow" (like the "BowFlex"); work out with my virtual trainer, Maya, on the Xbox; and try to jog everywhere I go instead of walk, including in my house. Jogging around my house actually got me prepped to get back into a workout routine! I feel much better, and my riding instructor says it shows in my lessons. Highly recommend exercise to anyone having trouble with depression such as I.

Lmao. I may be wrong but dont you play chicken with a car? Haha. Well, over here you do anyways?

Yeah, I was hanging off the back of a mitsubishi l200 the other week and jumped off it at about 30-35mph.

Longstory cut short, I would have got be-headed by a car park height barrier if i hadn't jumped, and Im now sitting here with a severly bruised elbow, and obviously it hurts.

But y'know just soldier on lol

I go 4-5 times a week. I focus alot on running since I got a new found love for running 5Ks. I do resistance lifting after and want to start strength training. I've recently list 66 pounds since October 2010, want to lose another 25 and stay active and fit.

I use to work out all the time in High School, but not so much now in University. I'm thinking of taking some Martial Arts sometime this summer, assuming I'll get a good work out from it. (Anyone know?)

Hell, yeah! I used to do Judo, Tae Kwan Do, Karate and Aikido. They were all great workouts!! My favorite was Aikido. Loved the idea of redirecting negative energy.

I exercise everyday except Sunday. I weight train Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I do cardio Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. With summer approaching I'll eventually get swimming into my routine. I currently go to my local YMCA where it's $40 a month but that covers me, my wife and my 2 children... so basically $10 for me each month which is super cheap IMO.

Working out is just half the battle though, you need to follow a healthy diet too if you want to see real results.

I use to work out all the time in High School, but not so much now in University. I'm thinking of taking some Martial Arts sometime this summer, assuming I'll get a good work out from it. (Anyone know?)

Thats some defs good stuff to be doing. Helps you out with fighting if you ever need it, plus, your working out at the same time haha.

I am pretty athletic...so if anyone needs any workout advice, I can certainly help out.

I'll take you up on that offer :) What does a typical day in the life of someone like yourself involve? I mean, I try to get to sleep at half ten and wake up for half six everyday (I'm failing lately because I'm so ill and sleep is nigh on impossible), and I really do want to start some sort of cardio into my day, ready for the summer (whatever that is...)

Been a few threads like this - but I'm a gymaholic, I love working out. I used to be a porker in school, but once outta school I lost the weight and enjoyed fitness.

I have a home gym - bench press, treadmill, bike, latpull down, preacher curl. Along with programs such as P90x or Kinect. There is also a place in adelaide called the snake pit - its a beach hill run, a lot of the police train thru it and sporting clubs, I go there once a week for a run.

My awesome boyf is a ice hockey player, so sometimes I'll train with him and his mates doing their program, pretty hard stuff and a little scary- i just don't like it when they pick me up and start bench pressing me. -.-

I don't wanna become a body builder kinda girl - that looks male =/ .. but i like the toned muscle body, getting there :) any ladies want advice I'm always willing to help, i have few friends i've been helping lose weight/tone up feel free to contact me :)

Edited by gooniesala

I used P90X when I lived with my sister in Boston and completed the 'Lean' series, got really toned and muscular. Since I moved back home I don't have access to the DVDs anymore but I've been in touch with a friend of mine that is a Personal Trainer and he made a routine for me so its just as good, plus the routine is more orientated to my own body so I get more out of it than P90X. This is the basic setup I have now:

Monday - Arms/ABS

Tuesday - Legs and Back

Wednesday - Cardio/ABS

Thursday - Shoulders and Chest

Friday - Forearms and Calves/ABS

Saturday - Cardio or Yoga

Sunday - Off

I do whey protein after every workout and I'm doing great, never miss one if I can help it. I also sometimes bike instead of doing my Cardio tape on that day or go for a hike, even if I have already worked out. <3