Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

Some of the ridiculous unlock conditions for aesthetic items to customize your MP character. One colour of warpaint needs 5th Prestige!

Just in case you didn't know this game has 99 levels of prestige, for those who desperately need 'The Chosen One' written underneath their name.

The costumes for the characters are a little pricey, considering you can buy 3 abilities for the price of a costume. I understand why though. To encourage the sale of Erudito credits and make some real money.

What I do have a problem with though is that you can't EDIT STYLE on those alternative costumes, so you can still:

Change war paint/scars

Edit moves (taunts, stomps, etc) and weapons

You can't change:

Head

Main/secondary clothes

Belt/trousers

Secondary colour

Essentially those new costumes are just palate/colour swaps, so I don't understand why they're not allowing you to 'edit style' on them.

The lack of a preview for the for the alternative, store bought costumes in the single player mode. If I can't see it, I'm not buying it.

People can grab the Artifact and teleport away with it. Uh, unfair much?

Prefer in Unreal Tournament III where if they used the Translocator they'd drop the flag, made sense to be honest.

The lack of NPCs walking through the Domination points makes capturing them hard if your opponents aren't total spazs.

Smoke Bomb is still pissing me off. It's that free dodge out of the way that they get. It fucks me up whether I'm attacking or defending. Gah. Maybe I'll figure it out one day.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Wolfpack...I wish people would realize that you advance by scoring points, not kills. Spend the extra few seconds to get that focus or aerial kill. And for the love of Zeus, if you see me standing in a crowd next to a target, please realize that I'm going for a hidden focus kill. Don't rush in and steal my kill for a measly 150 points. In half a second more I would have had 600+ points and we would get the next level.

And is it not cool to use mics? They DO come in handy you know.

I reeeeeeeeallly miss parachutes. Not only for getting down from viewpoints more easily, but for the cliffs in the Frontier.

Every tree with a viewpoint is almost exactly the same.

And those kids, holy crap....I welcome the whining female beggars now.

^ One HUNDRED Percent THIS. The laugh of those kids have me swearing so much it'd make the Late Red Foxx blush sometimes. Especially if I'm trying to perform a successful eavesdrop or swiping things.

I also miss the Parachutes as they allowed you to safely glide down from viewpoints or to another rooftop. I've desync'd so many times from trying to perform a Leap of Faith only for it to turn into a Leap of Fail.

Also, when simply free running sometimes it seems like the city watch gets a little frumps and grumps in the pants and want to attack you. It would make more sense if the zones they were in were restricted but they're not, odd...

EDIT: Also the Naval Combat, while an awesome feature, can be maddening when trying to full sync. Some of the optional objectives are outrageously difficult. Now were Ubisoft to include this in a future title, maybe take out the optional objectives so people can actually enjoy the feature? </rage>

Edited by WolfmanStarrk

I'm just going to give an obligatory rant about the glitchy delivery missions. The one in North New York won't start when I speak to the man, and the one in Troy's Wood refuses to show up at all. The only real things I have left to do are finishing the main story, doing the epilogue missions, finishing up club challenges, and finishing the last few missions on the homestead with Achilles.

The way ubisoft have acted with this game, no support, glitches, bugs etc etc, has made me take the choice to not buy any ubisoft games anymore.

I mean, why should I by Farcry 3, when ubisoft dont support their games? Dont listen to the customers? I have heard that there are bugs in Farcry as well, should I trust that ubisoft will fix them? Fuck no!

AC have been my favorite games series since day 1, but this game killed it, not only because it feels like it was only 85% done when they released it(greedy money who...), but also because this was the worst story so far.

^ I wouldn't say Ubisoft doesn't listen to their fanbase or doesn't support their games. Ubisoft is much better about these sort of things as opposed to Lionhead and the myriad of glitches the Fable Games have and STILL have to this day. At least Ubisoft makes an attempt to fix some of the issues with their titles.

^ I wouldn't say Ubisoft doesn't listen to their fanbase or doesn't support their games. Ubisoft is much better about these sort of things as opposed to Lionhead and the myriad of glitches the Fable Games have and STILL have to this day. At least Ubisoft makes an attempt to fix some of the issues with their titles.

Of course other companies suck as well(I played Fable 3), but its now been a month, and they still havnt fixed the glitches. That for me is embarrassing, especially when ubisoft said it was their biggest title ever. Is that how you support you biggest game ever?

Instead of constantly spamming me with notification about buying a season pass so I can get all their multiplayer DLC, what about putting the focus on supporting what created the AC franchaise, the singleplayer?

It says it all that there was a patch out(that did not fix half of the problems), on the day of the release. Is the proper game development?

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Looking in this thread, not good enough apparently.

Apparently so... but the claim they 'don't support' their game when the game has already had 2 patches in the space of a month does not make any sense.

Yes there are still issues that they need to fix, but there has been no indicator that they won't try and fix them considering they have already fixed some things...

Apparently so... but the claim they 'don't support' their game when the game has already had 2 patches in the space of a month does not make any sense.

Yes there are still issues that they need to fix, but there has been no indicator that they won't try and fix them considering they have already fixed some things...

Dont support might have been out of anger. But as you say yourself, 2 updates within the games first month, back up my allergations of ubisoft putting out an incomplete product.

And those updates has, as mentioned before, not solved the most critical problems that are in the game.

Actually I just makes me even more angry to know that they will fix some small problems, but not the most critical ones, eventough they are aware of them.

And know ubisoft have ZombieU and Farcry 3 out(With bugs and glitches also) now, so I fear that they will move their focus on to those new games(and glitches).

Yes I know a lot of companies do that, but that is still completely unacceptable when I have to pay $100 for the game.

Bare in mind... some glitches may not be so easy to fix, just because they haven't fixed them yet doesn't mean they aren't trying. That doesn't mean they shouldn't realise a fix for things that they can sort easily in the mean time, which is what they've done.

Some of the ridiculous unlock conditions for aesthetic items to customize your MP character. One colour of warpaint needs 5th Prestige!

Just in case you didn't know this game has 99 levels of prestige, for those who desperately need 'The Chosen One' written underneath their name.

The costumes for the characters are a little pricey, considering you can buy 3 abilities for the price of a costume. I understand why though. To encourage the sale of Erudito credits and make some real money.

What I do have a problem with though is that you can't EDIT STYLE on those alternative costumes, so you can still:

Change war paint/scars

Edit moves (taunts, stomps, etc) and weapons

You can't change:

Head

Main/secondary clothes

Belt/trousers

Secondary colour

Essentially those new costumes are just palate/colour swaps, so I don't understand why they're not allowing you to 'edit style' on them.

The lack of a preview for the for the alternative, store bought costumes in the single player mode. If I can't see it, I'm not buying it.

People can grab the Artifact and teleport away with it. Uh, unfair much?

Prefer in Unreal Tournament III where if they used the Translocator they'd drop the flag, made sense to be honest.

The lack of NPCs walking through the Domination points makes capturing them hard if your opponents aren't total spazs.

Smoke Bomb is still pissing me off. It's that free dodge out of the way that they get. It fucks me up whether I'm attacking or defending. Gah. Maybe I'll figure it out one day.

Costumes / style - Yeh, they're all shit. Most costumes are simply recolours or very subtle changes and most style options don't look all that different to each other either. The whole customisation is pretty crap in comparison to Revelations and Brotherhood.

Teleport in Artifact Assault - This shouldn't bother you. Getting caught out by it once is fair enough, but once you've seen it you should then know how to counter it... Pistol, Knives, Disruption (i think) all screw over teleporters; especially those that use smoke and teleport at the same time.

Smoke Bombs - Wipe/Animus shield, or just goad the bomber into doing it too early so it doesn't affect you (run really quickly then stop will usually do the trick).

The 2nd or 3rd game of MP I played, it looked like a boosting session - targeted players are somehow able to stand there, mash X, and stun you over and over. The Tripwire Bomb has a crap radius, and I have to wonder if it actually does anything anyways.

Having to get to level 6 before you can customize anything is bullshit.

Everything about the MP in AC is bullshit.

Man...I like the game...The voice acting is amazing...It looks nice...The naval stuff is superb...

But I have to say...the game starts to suck as soon as they expect to be an assassin...You know...those ninjas? These highly skilled murderers that work in a secret order? You know the stories? That they move like ghosts? Fuck that. As soon as an optional objective or the main ones expect me to be not detected the game starts to let me rage like none other before. Dark Souls? Brutal, but fair. The new Hitman and his checkpoint-crap? Annoying, but at least you didn't lose your stuff. Used a poison dart and redo checkpoint? Well that dart is gone, sry about that. And some guards seem to vanish completely.

And some of the optional stuff is just plain bullshit. Chasing someone without tackling or shoving anyone? Why not? I mean its not like those "assassins" care much about others. I mean all they do is kill people left and right. I'm starting to side with the templars more and more...At least they try to be subtle. But the order? Fuck stealth we got hidden blades! Stab them in the face!

Yeah, I know AC was never about stealth, but the thing that bothers me is that they want you to be stealthy and kick you in the balls everytime you try to do it. Blow up the ships undetected? But be sure to don't kill someone being out of line of sight of everyone, because they will come and see you...Well you could argue that they hear it...Well...let them fucking hear it! I'm hanging at the side of the ship. They are in no way able to see me and yet I'm detected. Oh, one more idea to add to your "years of training and knowledge": want to approach a ship undetected? How about diving? Or at least don't swim like your in the olympics going splish splash so loudly!

And what is up with all those fucking "walk slowly and dramatic while somebody is talking"? It's all over the place. And then you have to follow a dude, which of course has to happen undetected, for fucking ever! And don't you dare to look around while you wait, because then the timer starts...

I'm usually not that hard to go all enrage on something, but man...this game is killing me...And it's just a big kick in the balls to still call them "assassins". My Dragonborn was a better assassin than all of them. I mean, I didn't expect this game to be a stealth game, but they want you do it like this and on the same time they restrict you to run around like arnold fucking schwarzenegger all buffed up and stab dudes left and right.

Now if you'll excuse me...I have to follow that fucking contact in new york again, because I failed an optional objective and the checkpoint decided to fuck me over...

Checkpoints...After Hitman, now this...i suppose they are my new archenemy...

So frustrating...

Edited by InsertCoffee

Alright, let's see. I'm not going to rant about the incredibly shitty storyline, simply because I don't want to be reminded of the horrors I experienced while trying to get through it all without losing my mind from boredom and rage (100% missions...)

1: free running; is more terrible then ever before. I climb onto things I'm nowhere near of, I jump off of things when I did not intend to, often when climbing and you jump towards another building I almost never hold on to the building (it seems that they removed the "hold B to hold onto something" option, to make this turd of a game even more noob-friendly.) I fall off of trees 50% of the time, especially those big viewpoint ones, there are a couple of branches you need to swing from the first to the next, almost Always the last one doesn't connect to the next branch and I fall to my death. Also, missing haybales or piles of leaves when attempting to do a Leap of Faith is now even more common then ever. Bottom line is, free-running sucks. Probably because you need only 1 fkn button for EVERYTHING.

2: horseback riding; also more terrible then ever. When I ride my horse and come just a little bit close to those small white trees, my horse stops completely, tries to turn around and just basically fuck my whole rhythm up. It also seems slower then before. And, when guards line up to shoot me and I CLEARLY make it across a corner and thus avoid the shots, 2 seconds later I hear guns AND MY HORSE FALLS. Are you kidding me? Also, now with a rockier landscape then ever before, my horse doesn't even get past 1 single tiny rock, it'll stand there and just be spastic for 10 seconds before I can even get the damn thing under control

3: the minigames. What the fuck were they thinking. I actually thought it might be fun to play, because Morris and Fanorana seemed like nice games to play IRL as well. But instead, you have to face NPC's who see through EVERY single move you try to make, although there's one tactic they won't see through because technically it isn't threath, while ANYONE who has played tic-tac-toe IRL before will see through this with ease. Anyway, the minigames are shit, especially the one against Achilles. Good that fucked died, I was so glad I got the house for myself. Also, that particular game is glitchy as hell too, sometimes when I can make a combo move it just won't register, and when it's his turn, he'll eat 10 of my pieces in 1 move.

4: Encyclopedia of the Common Man: Fuck this one was boring. This could be enjoyable if those darn lazy noobs didn't take a break after every activity. Also glitchy as hell (although, this applies to every aspect of the single-player) and not to mention a complete lie. I have to complete a book for later generations to read how hard those people worked, but I can't write anything down about how many times those lazy assholes stand around like a bunch of clowns smoking their pipes and fishing? Give me a break. Also, how is "doing the laundry" not worthy of writing down?

5: glitched delivery requests, damn this made me rage so much. Somehow when talking to them you sometimes don't get the quest itself and have to fast travel to another point to do the same shit over again, this time hoping it works. Real great when the douchebag near Washington's camp doesn't connect, the bastard is at least 1000 m's away from the nearest fast travel point.

6: things that do not show up on the map, even though you've visited those places before and have no cloudy areas and reached all viewpoints. This one annoys me so much, there are so many missions that don't appear, stores don't either for that matter, and even one particular chest in Boston. There's a reason I bought those goddamned maps, so I didn't have to look every single corner for the stupid things, come on!

Here's a bit of ranting about the god-awful multiplayer that hasn't improved since Brotherhood. So glad they cheevos for that are easy.

Anyway, here's the things that piss me off after playing MP for 1 hour.

1: smoke bombs. This is only for pathetic people as a last defense when they've been spotted by me when they fucked up while trying to act like the crowd. Some of these people are just so fucking bad and every time I go for the kill I get smoked. This has been annoying since Brotherhood and nothing has been done about it, seems to me the staff over at Ubisoft can't play the game for shit and need this to redeem themselves.

2: body guards. THAT STUN?!?!?!?!?! WHEN THE HELL DID THEY ADD THIS!!! This is outrageous, there's nothing you can do about it. It'll just stun you and there not a single damned thing you can do about it! Also a last resort for people that can't play the game.

3: this has been bothering me since Brotherhood as well. I see someone approach, clearly heading for me, but still at small distance away from me. I run the other way, and somehow, with 10 meters between us, they press X and from a distance of 10 meters they get the kill! What's that about? Again, part of Brotherhood as well and it never fails to annoy the shit out of me.

4: unfair matchmaking. I'm playing a game with 6 people, nobody joins or drops out, just us 6, the next game begins, and I get teamed up with 1 other guy and they get 4 people. Really, Ubisoft? Did you take a lesson from Epic in shitty matchmaking? And while you were at it you also took a lesson in making a shitty game in general?

Only 2 achievements left and this game will be going to the shelf collecting dust till DLC comes out. And maybe not even then.

Recently I thought about buying Farcry 3, it looked pretty awesome and I've been hearing good things about it (some bad too). When I noticed it was a Ubisoft, every bit of interest I previously had in the game was now gone.

I hate this game.

Edited by Tortyreus