Idea's on upcoming "Mutations"

Lee71

This is my invitation, to discuss POSSIBLE mutation variations. If you have the concentration, please post your interpretation.

...in other words, any idea's on possible mutation modes?????

How about special infected vs. special infected?

or.....

nothing but spitters? This would make it pretty hard to get survivors down.

This is my invitation, to discuss POSSIBLE mutation variations. If you have the concentration, please post your interpretation.

...in other words, any idea's on possible mutation modes?????

How about special infected vs. special infected?

or.....

nothing but spitters? This would make it pretty hard to get survivors down.

Suicie Zombies. They run at you and explode to kill you. You can use them to your advantage by shooting them beforehand, using them to blow up other zombies around. They will be shorter zombies, maybe half the height of a regular zombie and they will move a little bit faster.

Suicie Zombies. They run at you and explode to kill you. You can use them to your advantage by shooting them beforehand, using them to blow up other zombies around. They will be shorter zombies, maybe half the height of a regular zombie and they will move a little bit faster.

I frickin' love that idea. Maybe even uncommon common "boomers", like before they fully get bloated. They can't puke yet, but when you shoot them they spray bile.

I was thinking of a mutation where in every campaign, day and night are switched. So for instance, in Dead Center, Hard Rain and The Parish it would be night time, and in Dark Carnival and Swamp Fever it would be day. In Swamp fever, the finally would be at night due to in the original, it goes from night to day. That would be fun to play.

Boomer Buddy - For each survivor a boomer vomits on or explodes on a tank spawns.

No More Tears - Witches no longer cry to reveal their location and can walk amongst the common to blend in.

Isn't there gonna be a "bride" witch? Maybe bridesmaids as well. With dresses made even tackier due to decay.

Classic mode - play as the original survivors. and only original infected, and original weapons back. no adrenaline/bile/defibs/melee

(or just a few elements from that)

such as just original infected in versus.

ZOOOOM!!. game speed set at 2X

And hes outta here!!. melee attacks are super strong. (send you flying both infected and survivors)

Rewind.!! play tge levels backward. from end to start.

Mirror !! levels are mirrord

Carfull where you shoot.!!! fuel tanks and explosive tanks. are EVERYWHERE.

Nice ideas guys. Here's some I thought of:

"Super Special Infected"

-- All SI run twice as fast, have half the 'reload' time, have double the health, twice as much range.

"Tank Territory"

-- Tanks spawn every 30 seconds but have half their normal health. They do the same amount of dmg as normal.

"Barriers"

-- There are 'choke points' where the survivors have to destroy a barrier to proceed. Like in an alley or house or something. Basically have to deal a lot of damage to the object(s) as a horde comes. Barriers would be throughout the map.

"M60 Mania"

-- M60 only. Unlimited M60 ammo. Constant horde through entire level.

"Lights Out"

-- No flashlights and the power is out. Only the moon glow and car alarm lights glow. And of course gunfire would illuminate the room :)

"Figure It Out"

-- Each survivor has a 'specialty'. One has a melee weapon. One has a dual pistol. Only one can pick up explosives.. And one medic who has unlimited health packs.

-----------------------

Hate to change the topic of the forum slightly but these modes were found deep within the PC files by some guy. They've already named some of the future modes.

Thegreenthing16 on l4d.com's forum says:

I was looking through the new vpk and I found a list of mutations.

Some have names while others are numberical.

Chainsaws

First Man Out

Four Swords Men

Hardcore

Head Shots Only

Last Man One Earth

Linear Scavenge

M60s

Max Specials

Mutations 1

Mutations 2

Mutations 3

Mutations 4

Mutations 5

Mutations 6

Mutations 7

Mutations 8

Mutations 9

No Health Versus

Realism Versus

Temporary Health

Ultra Realism

Versus Survival

Vip Target

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a.../mutations.png

They are all in .nuc form, so possibly useable

Edited by BLOMBOMB

No health Vs sounds good to me...

I'd quite like to see "Infinite Incediary Ammo" mode. Would be a lot of fun!

How about an infinite defibrillator mode, where the survivors have a much smaller health guage, no health packs, but start with infinite defibrillator usage.

I know someone suggested Infected Vs Infected - I'd also kind of like to see Survivors Vs Survivors, just to see how a deathmatch type affair would play out. Although I don't think this would be likely to happen as it would surely require much more extra coding than just infinite 'x'.

Bumper Survivors-Friendly fire melee's hit teammates as hard as a tank hits you.

Common tanks-Common infected hit as hard as tank

Edit: On bumper survivors maybe make ALL melee's hit as hard as tanks (even to zombies) but the catch only one melee weapon per chapter maybe?

Edited by PenderPowguin