Detail blow-out: 25+ hours, Weapon-eating weapons, Hardcore mode, New Game+

DividedbyN1ght

Source - OXM Home - Darksiders 2

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]Source - Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release] - NeoGAF

• Diablo 3 Hardcore mode is in [under the name of Nightmare Mode]. One death in combat = permanent death and total loss of campaign progress.
  • MAGs are in. Possessed Weapons [rare&unique weapon lootz] must be fed with other random items to enable them to level up and gain more abilities and damage.
  • Trading of items between players is in.
  • Fast Travel. You can go into your map and instantly teleport to any location that you previously visited.
  • New Game+ is in. You keep all your loot, enemies gets tougher and you gain % to find new tier of weapons which can have exclusive NG+ attributes.

• Four big playing areas. Each in new environment, each large as entire DS1.
  • 25+ hours for main storyline, with crapton of sidequests and sidejobs.
  • Expanded character building options - fully featured skill trees, and fully customizable gear.
  • Loot, loot, loot.
  • Because of all that loot, all animations are this time rendered in-game. No more crappy compressed FMV's.
  • NO MULTIPLAYER.
  • NO COOP

This game just got a whole hell of a lot better

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/darksiders-ii-soul-harvest-ios-application-now-live

Download the Darksiders II: Soul Harvest mobile app for your iPhone and iPad, and reap your way to epic rewards. Harvest souls of those who have checked in near you on Facebook to unlock a deadly in-game weapon, the first issue of the Darksiders digital comic, and much more. Harvest souls at any Best Buy location to gain bonus souls and unlock rewards even faster.

http://www.darksiders.com/sites/darksiders.com/files/fckeditor_uploads/photo.jpg

Am I the only one who would prefer the game without the added RPG elements? I loved the first one, but it was really more of a Zelda/God of War hybrid adventure thing. Seems to me the RPG stuff just overly-complicates things,

I also loved the first game but personally I think these RPG features sound great. but I'm sure I remember an interview where they said that these features were going to be in darksiders 1 but due to time issues they couldnt include them. Also glad to hear about NG+ as well as hardcore mode.

Is anyone having an issue with the app?

you mean the fact that i was at 500/1000 on unlocking the comic and right before my eyes i saw it drop to 1/1000. Harvest more souls and get that to 49/1000 but the next unlock shows 25/2000.

I would say I'm having issues...I wish it would also let you change the search distance, where I work no one checks in their Facebook location, i think the most I get is 29 (most of them are between 8-11 though). 40 miles from SF and I know I could be getting in the 100s if the search radius could change.

Am I the only one who would prefer the game without the added RPG elements? I loved the first one, but it was really more of a Zelda/God of War hybrid adventure thing. Seems to me the RPG stuff just overly-complicates things,

Same here, just wanted a nice adventure with some hacking and slashing!

Completely optional (no achievement tied to it). =)

Oh, thank God.

It really worried me at first.

No problem with dificulty, stress, rage quit and all.

But losing EVERYTHING is a little too exagerated for me.

There´s no point at all in it.

Only issue I'm having is that it takes soooo long to level up, no big check-ins near me in the little backwater town I live in, highest single harvest I've had is 28, sometimes as low as 8.

There's a glitch in the app. I don't know exactly how it works but this is what I did.

1. Go to a city, where you live, where you know there will be plenty of souls to harvest.

2. I had my Wi-Fi on, using a hotspot at a local Barnes and Nobles.

3. I Drove home to use my own wireless internet and was having problems with the app.

4. I turned my cellphone wi-fi off and on, and restarted my cellphone. (I left Wi-Fi off when i restarted my phone)

5. Turn Darksiders II App on, with Wi-Fi still off. After the app loads exit it and now turn your Wi-Fi on.

(150 miles between my house and barnes and nobles)

Every time the app bugged on me I did exactly what I said above. What the above did was, when I restarted my phone the 2nd time and reaccessed the app with Wi-Fi on it always popped up with me still at the Barnes and Nobles.

I could harvest souls from the area around Barnes and Nobles, but the app will, in a very short amount of time, find your actual location. You have enough time to use the 3x soul harvests. Once the app finds your location just repeat steps 4 and 5.

I don't know if this still works or not or if its been fixed.

According to the website below beating nightmare mode gives you an award for your avatar.

Edited by DividedbyN1ght