Have you become achievements addicted?

The Owl

What do you think of the achievements?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the achievements?

• I couldn't live without them, it's what makes me buy a game
    • I like them
    • I don't really care
    • I dislike them
    • It's what makes me hate a game

Since achievements are around, we play and replay games to get them all. Did you use to do that before the achievements were around?

I certainly didn't. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them, but I certainly approve their introduction. And I love the feeling of achievement when you get one, do you get that feeling in your spine?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really hunt on achievements but i always do a bet with a friend of mine its always like when you can get a higher achievement goal then me in a month then your the achievement master. and if i get a higher he has to be higher than me. xD so its fun.

but achievements add something nice to it too. you want to play a game again for the achievements when there wasnt something like achievements after completing a game i never played it again. xD

I would play the games anyway the achievements just help keep me interested in the questionable things, like the film reels in The Godfather or the flags in Assassin's Creed. If I wouldn't get those magic little points to say that I completed those then there is no way I would bother with them.

Before I bought my 360 I played pretty much other games (was pretty much a PC only player from 1998-2007 and only played a few games, but lots of hours in them like Diablo2, HoMM4, Age of Empires2, Warcraft3, Baldurs Gate 2, ... )that had such huge amount of content that I didn't needed achs to get some great replay value or a rather good amount of playtime out of it.

But nowadays games are a lot shorter and you unlock stuff with paying money and not with doing ingame tasks anymore so I guess I needed other things as a goal.

But I always wanted to complete games (120Stars at Mario 64, 101% at Donkey Kong Country, ...)

Definantly love chevos, they dont factor in my game buying though. Great idea, games last longer because you play through more of the game. I think playstation knows this and was to late in the game with their trophys. I did have a ps3 and the trophys just dont have the same effect as a good old x360 achivement (feeling in your spine lol) just doesnt compare, so to keep short, love chevos and microsoft knows the power of them, they will definantly continue for as long as xbox is around im sure. *boobeep* (5g Good Post) lol

Yea I love achievements and I am a completionist but like if there is a game I REALLY WANT no way will I not buy it because the achievements are hard or anything... I'll just keep working on the game till I get them all :p

Before the 360 I did get all the lums in Rayman 2: The Great Escape without a guide and in the first Fable I went for all silver keys (with guide though) so I did like to complete stuff before though with achievements I don't give up that fast since I like to get 100% in a game.

Back before achievements were the talk of the town I replayed games for the fun of it.

I probably beat Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the original Sega Genesis like 50 times by now.

And while achievements add some replayability, the fact I only have one completed retail (out of like, 80something) shows I don't try that much.

Achievements are great, I try to go for atleast one whenever I play Xbox. And it's one of the reasons why xbox > ps3 in my opinion. It sure gives added incentive to play a game. It's one of the reasons I enjoy playing xbox as well as pc (which is my main gaming source).

And I have to admit if there is a game with glitched achievements I get upset... >:(