Game Info

L3giOn

Put your heart, hustle, and toughness on the line and lead your program to the BCS National Championship Game in NCAA Football 08. With all-new Leadership Control, boost the motivation level of your teammates by taking control and making big plays. Featuring an all-new Campus Legend mode and an even deeper Dynasty Mode, put your coaching prowess and integrity to the ultimate test. With the all-new My Shrine, Home Field Advantage, and exciting new plays like the Statue of Liberty, NCAA Football 08 is everything that's great about college football. What kind of legacy will you leave?

Features:

Auto Motion Plays

Sounds simple enough, before the QB snaps the ball a receiver will go in motion automatically. Think about plays like WR sweeps, reverses, end-arounds, and other types of misdirection plays have all become exponentially more effective. In previous editions, plays like end-arounds and reverses didn't work because you had to wait for what seemed like an eternity for your WR to get the handoff. But now, with auto motion, that receiver gets the handoff quickly and already has a running start at the snap. These plays develop so quickly that your opponent may ask you, "What was that?" Work these plays into your gameplan to keep your opponent off balance. Trust me, you'll be glad that you did.

Trick Plays

If the auto motion plays aren't enough to catch your opponent off guard, then the new trick plays in NCAA Football 08 are guaranteed to do the trick (pun intended). The double pass play has you first throw a screen pass to your wide receiver. When the defense converges on that screen, the ball carrier tosses it to another WR downfield, hopefully for a TD. When used at the right time, a double pass can be deadly effective. We also got the Statue of Liberty and hook and ladder play (called "circus" in the game) from the Boise State playbook. If you watched the Fiesta Bowl, remember how shocked you were when you saw Boise State pull these 2 trick plays out their bag of tricks? I'm sure your opponent will be just as shocked.

Wild New Formations

We also added some new formations to go with all these new types of plays, included some team specific formations. After seeing how the Gators utilized their QB last year, I know there are some fans wondering if we are going to do anything special for them. Well, we certainly do. I have a treat for you called "Shotgun-Big F-Tight." There are some plays in this formation where the backup QB lines up under center and the starting QB lines up in the backfield like a HB. Then, out of nowhere, the backup moves from under center to WR, switching to a Shotgun play. The defense doesn't know if it's going to be a pass or a QB run!

• 3 years later...