Kind of odd

XperimntNterror

So, last night, I went to take out Terramorphous using the Bee/Heartbreaker combo.

On the first attempt, after I whittled it's health down to about 1/10th of the total bar, Terramorphous stopped spawning from the ground. The earthquake continued and after about 5 minutes of nothing, I finally saw red dots on the mini-map, but they were way off the side of the ledge. I ran over to the ledge and, looking in the direction of the dots, there was nothing there, but I could hear the screeching noise it makes. Eventually, I had to restart the fight.

Something else that was peculiar was that I had taken damage just before Terra went back underground, never to return. I had lost all shields and it took roughly 5 minutes for them to finally recharge and, when, they did, they only recharged partially; it was another 30 seconds before they recharged completely.

This only seems to happen when fighting Terra. I've run around taking shield damage with this same shield in other areas and the delay is only around 4 seconds before the shields is back up to full again.

Does anyone know if the "earthquake" actually adds further delay to shield recharge? It's the only think I could think of that would be affecting it.

Ive soloed Terra with my commando with his Alkaline the Bee shield dozens of times and never had a delay issue. It was probably a one in a thousand bug being as I have never even heard of this issue.

I would agree, but it happens every time I use the Bee against Terra and only happens during the fight with Terra.

Similar thing happen to me with a random in co-op (I had the bee ,just standard though). We started as normal and terra dropped under the ground close to the mountain and then got stuck just under the ground (we could hear him). We ran around for a few mins then all of a sudden he pops up in the middle where he starts and away we went killing him.

If your health is below a certain point, the shield won't come back all the way. Keeping your health up will fix your problem.

Hmm... well, the first time it happened, my health had recharged all the way back to full and it still took a few minutes for the shield to recharge. I'll keep an eye on what you mention, though. That first time could've just been some random bug. At first, I was like, "Maybe this is the 'nerf' that was suggested Gearbox would be implementing".

If your health is below a certain point, the shield won't come back all the way. Keeping your health up will fix your problem.

/Facepalm

Anyway to answer your question correctly, the earthquake does 0 elemental damage every second. You can see this by putting on a Neogenator shield and it will try and absorb the damage. Anyway this will reset your shield recharge time and he will do this whenever he is underground. This earthquake will also proc things such as Zer0's C0unter Strike skill.

/Facepalm

Anyway to answer your question correctly, the earthquake does 0 elemental damage every second. You can see this by putting on a Neogenator shield and it will try and absorb the damage. Anyway this will reset your shield recharge time and he will do this whenever he is underground. This earthquake will also proc things such as Zer0's C0unter Strike skill.

Awesome :D. Now that makes more sense to me.

Hmm... well, the first time it happened, my health had recharged all the way back to full and it still took a few minutes for the shield to recharge. I'll keep an eye on what you mention, though. That first time could've just been some random bug. At first, I was like, "Maybe this is the 'nerf' that was suggested Gearbox would be implementing".
Well I've noticed that when fighting any monster, if my health is below a certain point, my shield will not recharge until I have health past a certain point. Meaning that if I were to have a character with no health regen whatsoever and was unable to find health, my shield would stay like that indefinitely. It's super annoying when having to fight off numbers of monsters.

Well I've noticed that when fighting any monster, if my health is below a certain point, my shield will not recharge until I have health past a certain point. Meaning that if I were to have a character with no health regen whatsoever and was unable to find health, my shield would stay like that indefinitely. It's super annoying when having to fight off numbers of monsters.

I've never ever seen, had, or heard about such a thing.

Are you sure you aren't using an Amp Shield that is draining part of your shield whenever you take a shot? How much or little health you have should not affect how much your shield will regenerate to capacity. Something about this scenario you posted above just doesn't sound right, it has to be some kind of equipment/shield conflict.

A completely preposterous hypothesis

A completely preposterous hypothesis
I've seriously just stood and watched my shield recharge up to the about 90% and stop after I've taken over 90% of damage to my health and as long as I didn't get any health past 10%, I'd stay at a 90% shield capacity. The strangest thing...it only does it with the original The Bee. Every other shield is fine. I'm beginning to think the shield I was given is cheated or modded like the Evolution shields I've been seeing with 0.00 Recharge Delay, but when you pick it up, the Delay changes to something else.