bitching thread

I usually get confused thinking why I haven't seen birds or ocelots or why I can't craft certain objects.

I keep forgetting I don't play vanilla on PC, but I have no choice on Xbox 360.

Also the usual mistakes of wandering off, and forgetting where I put all my items, forgetting the map or anything useful, and the fact that the compass doesn't help much. Again, not a problem on PC with a mini-map and co-ordinates.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually get confused thinking why I haven't seen birds or ocelots or why I can't craft certain objects.

I keep forgetting I don't play vanilla on PC, but I have no choice on Xbox 360.

They had to build the game off something, and they choose an early beta. Not their fault, as updates will be coming in.

Also the usual mistakes of wandering off, and forgetting where I put all my items, forgetting the map or anything useful, and the fact that the compass doesn't help much. Again, not a problem on PC with a mini-map and co-ordinates.

They give you a map at the start of the game and you can build a compass.

I love how monsters are only supposed to come out at night, and yet when I go to bed and wake up in the morning to build the next part of my house/walls/moat there's a fucking Creeper sitting on my torch laden entrance and blows up half the front entrance of my Diamond Palace!! >.<:mad::uzi:

Creepers come out during the day as well as night, and they stick around during the day unless you kill them. I suggest setting up a trap to kill them or building yourself a good wall.

No Autosave! Seriously! I'm loving this game, despite the few wonky or clunky things that happen, but not having autosave is almost game-breaking. And I save manually a lot. Maybe we've just been programmed by most modern games to rely on the autosave feature but even in games like Skyrim, I would save after every important event. Maybe its just a matter of getting used to 'when' to save. I was harvesting sand yesterday, next to the ocean. I went around to the water side to build a wall so it wouldn't collapse on me inside. Well, "SOMEHOW" I got trapped under a block and couldn't get out. I drowned. All that work GONE! Makes me not want to play anymore.

On a side note, anyone know why I can't exit a minecart sometimes? Usually happens when I'm in my station on an incline and stopped. Sometimes hitting the cart doesn't work either.

I love how monsters are only supposed to come out at night, and yet when I go to bed and wake up in the morning to build the next part of my house/walls/moat there's a fucking Creeper sitting on my torch laden entrance and blows up half the front entrance of my Diamond Palace!! >.<:mad::uzi:

Skeletons and Zombies burn in sunlight except under shade from tree laves or whilst in water.

Spiders are docile during the day unless they were already hostile towards you when the sun rose.

Creepers don't burn in the sunlight and will continue to linger unless you move 128 blocks away, which causes mobs to despawn.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/thumb/4/4a/Mob_spawning_ranges.png/800px-Mob_spawning_ranges.png

Just a helpful diagram.

Eh, the only thing that drives me crazy about Minecraft right now, is that the "Tutorial" seed doesn't appear to have ANY Sugar Cane on it. At all. I've a 100% map at this point, and scoured all of the shorelines looking... next it will be looking along every single island, going from one end, to the next, move over one block, lather, rinse, repeat. I've been on other worlds, and saw Sugar Cane growing out of ONE block of dirt, with a tiny 1x1 block of water next to it, so that's my only hope of farming it on my world.

And before anyone goes: "LOL NOOB! TEH TOOTORIAL WORLD IS LAME! U SUX!", I stuck to the Tutorial seed due to having found two dungeons, and massive expansive underworld caves, with tons of diamonds, red stone, and lapis. Add to it, the fancy "abandoned villages" and the presence of tundra, desert, and woodlands, it's got everything.

...except my @#$&ing Sugar Cane! >_<

Eh, the only thing that drives me crazy about Minecraft right now, is that the "Tutorial" seed doesn't appear to have ANY Sugar Cane on it. At all. I've a 100% map at this point, and scoured all of the shorelines looking... next it will be looking along every single island, going from one end, to the next, move over one block, lather, rinse, repeat. I've been on other worlds, and saw Sugar Cane growing out of ONE block of dirt, with a tiny 1x1 block of water next to it, so that's my only hope of farming it on my world.

And before anyone goes: "LOL NOOB! TEH TOOTORIAL WORLD IS LAME! U SUX!", I stuck to the Tutorial seed due to having found two dungeons, and massive expansive underworld caves, with tons of diamonds, red stone, and lapis. Add to it, the fancy "abandoned villages" and the presence of tundra, desert, and woodlands, it's got everything.

LOL NOOB! TEH TOOTORIAL WORLD IS LAME! U SUX!

But yeah, sounds like you need a new world. :biglaugh

Wait until the game gets the proper abandoned villages ;)

Damn crashes piss me off. I've had at least 20. I save regularly but I don't want to save after every two blocks I place. I have lost so much time with crashes, its crazy. This is the only thing that just outrages me with this game.

Tell me about it, I made the mistake of saving while in the nether and now it crashes everytime I try to get out. Lost about 40-50 hours so yeah this game can go fuck itself!!

Damn crashes piss me off. I've had at least 20. I save regularly but I don't want to save after every two blocks I place. I have lost so much time with crashes, its crazy. This is the only thing that just outrages me with this game.

I don't think I've had it crash yet in game, the only time it does is when I choose save and exit. I just avoid that now.

But that does suck dude.

LOL NOOB! TEH TOOTORIAL WORLD IS LAME! U SUX!

But yeah, sounds like you need a new world. :biglaugh

Eh, I actually love the Tutorial World, though... even though I've been given confirmation by 4j Studios that, much to my sadfacing, there is NO Sugar Cane on "Tutorial". Ah well... I don't mind too much... I've already gotten all achievements, and the only use for Sugar Cane for me, is to make Book Shelves. Maybe when Pistons are added, I can "cheat", and use them to gank the Book Shelves and move them to my home.

Wait until the game gets the proper abandoned villages ;)
I can't really wait for that. Same with Ravines and Mineshafts.

I'm lucky to only get game crashes when I'm exiting the game. I now refuse to use "Exit and Save", just in case it would corrupt my gamesave. I even go so far as to copy my gamesave over to flash drive, to prevent a total save corruption.

I'm lucky to only get game crashes when I'm exiting the game. I now refuse to use "Exit and Save", just in case it would corrupt my gamesave. I even go so far as to copy my gamesave over to flash drive, to prevent a total save corruption.

Now that you say that I think most of my crashes do come from "Exit and Save" Although I have had a few when I just save. I'll keep that in mind and start saving and then exiting without saving. Luckily I Do try to save after doing something significant but it always seems to crash when I forget to save for a while :/

EDIT: Just lost ANOTHER hour of work in this damn game. I just finished a minecart track from my house to my soon to be small castle on the mountain across the way. But guess what? I go to save aaaaand CRASH. Again. This shit is pissing me off. I don't understand how a game can crash dso damn often, and i thought Oblivion was bad a few years ago. Jesus Christ.

Edited by dragonpwnr99

Now that you say that I think most of my crashes do come from "Exit and Save" Although I have had a few when I just save. I'll keep that in mind and start saving and then exiting without saving. Luckily I Do try to save after doing something significant but it always seems to crash when I forget to save for a while :/

EDIT: Just lost ANOTHER hour of work in this damn game. I just finished a minecart track from my house to my soon to be small castle on the mountain across the way. But guess what? I go to save aaaaand CRASH. Again. This shit is pissing me off. I don't understand how a game can crash dso damn often, and i thought Oblivion was bad a few years ago. Jesus Christ.

That sucks man. I haven't had it crash once on me. I've saved in the Nether, not a problem. Built castles, sandcastles, mountain houses, more rail car tracks then I care to count, and still, not a single crash. Have you tried deleting the game and re-downloading it?

That sucks man. I haven't had it crash once on me. I've saved in the Nether, not a problem. Built castles, sandcastles, mountain houses, more rail car tracks then I care to count, and still, not a single crash. Have you tried deleting the game and re-downloading it?

I was thinking about trying that. Do i need to back up my saves or will deleting the game not affect the saves? Not really sure as i haven't had problems like this before.