Why Does everyone hate Downturn?

...............Downturn ???? Its not that bad of a map. I kind of like it. But as soon as it comes into vote , Which in itself is very rare. It gets voted like 12 to 0. Poor thing.

Ive not played it for ages . Even on Infected it gets the finger. There are far worse maps on MW3 than this. Its a great map for Domination, which is more than can be said about Hardhat.

Downturn has become the castoff of the game. Like the bullied kid at school who nobody likes. Fuel got this treatment in MW2.

So spare a thought for poor old Downturn. If it pops up again in the vote why not just click on it, just for once.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sucks because i honestly love that map too.

i love most of the maps in MW3, some i have bad games on that's fair.

that just means other people know the map better than i do BUT

i do HATE Outpost.

fuck that map.

dome is good, downturn is good.

i have found a lot when i play the same maps show up in one night.

like last night i played hardhat like 40 times

the night before that it was lockdown and so on.

people probably just play it millions of times in one night

i like downturn.

I certainly didn't mind Downturn. The problem with it was/is that it's very difficult to pick out people against the colors and background of the map. That's really the only thing I didn't like about it.

I don't understand the obsession with Hardhat, I don't find it to be a good map at all.

The truth is all of the maps are pretty crappy. I've been playing MW2 alot lately and those maps are all really good, it makes the game that much better. In MW3 all the maps are stale and boring to play on IMO

used to hate it too. i think because it confused me. now i kind of like it for domination.

same with oasis. every area seemed to have 5 entry points and i'd always get shot in the back. but after loads of games on it im starting to like it too.

outpost is by far my most hated map. i find it difficult to pick people out in all the snow.

in 2 minds with dome. its a fun map, but it can quickly become nasty against a coordinated team trapping the other team in the B dom building.

I really don't like any of the maps in MW3. I hated Downturn the most. It made Crisis from Blops seem like the best map ever created.

Being quite honest, I loved all the maps from Black Ops. They made fucking sense! You wouldn't have someone spawn behind you and you could control your engagements. MW3 maps have too much rubble to get caught on, too many head glitch spots, and too many buildings.

Being quite honest, I loved all the maps from Black Ops. They made fucking sense! You wouldn't have someone spawn behind you and you could control your engagements. MW3 maps have too much rubble to get caught on, too many head glitch spots, and too many buildings.

Yes, correct. And i fucking loved nuketown 247.

I liked Crisis in BLOPS. In fact it was my favorite map. Although I despise the game. I mean a lot of the maps in Blops were basically snow orientated , Folks are bad mouthing Outpost, but its the only snowy map in MW3.

In BLOPS its was every other map that had snow.

OK, I have to ask. What's so bad about Snow Maps? I've heard plenty of people say they don't like them, but never a reason as to why.

I'm curious too. I actually like the snow maps. I guess they feel a little drab, but that's cool.

And why does everyone hate Outpost so much? It's not the best map ever but not as bad as everyone says IMO

I'm curious too. I actually like the snow maps. I guess they feel a little drab, but that's cool.

And why does everyone hate Outpost so much? It's not the best map ever but not as bad as everyone says IMO

Only bad part about outpost is how people camp the objectives. It's super crazy easy to do. But I actually like the layout. It's more like a black ops map with 3 different paths through the map to get to a particular point.

OK, I have to ask. What's so bad about Snow Maps? I've heard plenty of people say they don't like them, but never a reason as to why.

My personal reason: too much white. Tires out and hurts my eyes. I've said this elsewhere: I wish there's a setting in every game so that when you're flashbanged, your screen turns black instead of white. Achieves the same effect (you can't see what's going on), but doesn't hurt your eyes and doesn't wear down your screen.