Any got tips for some achievements.. no Achievement Guide so..

MetalReaper

Hi

I finished the game on veteran diff. and now I am playing on Elite and through the first play i got 4 achievments.

1. kill 1000 aliens ... when you kill all the aliens thats shows you, you get achiev in the 4-5. level.

2.Logs - I found all 20 logs (first three you automaticly have and last one you get automaticly when you encounter with Alien queen in 5.level).Find them all isnt very hard cause all are visible through the main-way.

3.Immobilised achiev - Can be done in survivor mod too, but through the story you will be able to get this achiev many times with Stun grenade

4. Complete the game on any difficulty isnt hard when you have lot of credits to upgrade weapons and health items(mostly damage upgrade) or buy ammo and items in need.

tips : Upgrade damage of weapons for rifle, flamethrower and if you can project x weapon and electro gun but isnt necessary.

Upgrade (fast) reloading of weapons for shotgun and electro gun. It will helps.

Upgrade health items will be helpful all the time especialy in boss fights.

Save the armor on boss batlles and kill little alien (like spiders) with pistol (infinity ammo) to save ammo for huge troublemakers:).

I tried to get achiev Survivor , but my best time is still 6:59 in Pressure level. Its very hard cause there is too many hard aliens about wave 3 and 4. What is good, there are some blocks (tables or something like that) for which you can hide. At the start you can find the armor which is priceless in the survivor mode. I used mostly the rifle and the electro gun but shotgun is good option too. I will try to survive, but if you have a better tips, please share.

I tried to get a Frag-master achiev but will be better to upgrade detonation to do this in story mode. Today I finally done it without upgrading the frag-grenade. At the end of second level is moving platform. When you board on, there will come many aliens. Wait until massive count of aliens come to get you. Use frag-grenade and if you have problems try to use stun-grenade first ,it will helps. Before platform is automatic save what is good for this kind of situation and if you have a armor it will be easy:) I think it will works in Survivor too, but with luck.

I found the 3 Secrets for first play, but I have only 2. (1 secret per level)

Today I found another secret in second level.

1. in first level when you get to the corridor where is air leak. There are the two rooms (from air valve),the first one is open and there you find an armor. The second is locked (after turn of valve),but if you are escaping to safe after air leak, there will be a huge explosion on the one side of this room and you can go in to find first Secret.

2. in second level not far from start (after first countdown ,I think) there is a room with the 2 big electro-rods with bright blue electricity above them. In the open corner you can see some gas bombs on the opposite side. Shoot them and go around where bombs created new open. Inside, you will find a corridor to the second secret.

3. in fourth level there is a room (middle of the level where is Override console, wreck corridor, where you find the card, through the main-way) there is a visible Secret. I was wrong , no card is needed when you want to get a 4. Secret:( Not far from the door is override console, if you use it ,the door for the Secret will be open only for 6 seconds. You must hurry, but is not very hard to get in

4. in fifth level after first battle with Alien Queen there you will find two ways. One is main-way(right if you dont change camera angle after battle) and second is the way to secret (there is elevator ,i think:)

Maybe other secrets and achievs I will find on the second story play, if yes I will share with you.

Achievment Tank works only in 3.level Determination. Its good to be done at the end of the level when you have 10 minutes limit to find the elevator (larvas). Can be done in story mode cause if you have been killed dont wait to autolading cause you dont get a achiev. Reload last save or autosave and try again. You dont need to wait until end of the level (result), if you get 500 damage aciev automaticly pop.

My gamertag is Fumanchu001 if you want to play coop ,but I prefer to play xbox360 mostly after 11:00 PM.

Sorry for mistake in my english , cause Im not from UK or USA.

Edited by fumanchu

2nd secret is not far into the level, just after you pass the room with 2 electric wires above you and the 1 minute battle. you will walk over what looks like 3 ventilation pipes, there is a platfrom to the left near some fire and credits. from this platfrom is a small tunnel where you can shoot some gas tanks. after shooting the gas tanks go back to the room with 2 electric wires above you and a new tunnel is open. go to the end of the tunnel and find the secret.

3rd secret you actually see this secret just before you use the platform lift console to set the detenations charges and blow up a structure to raise the water level. but you cannot get it until the very end of the level just before you enter the lift. at the end of the level there is a room with loads of larve and larve eggs. go up the platform and shoot some gas tanks to gain acess to the dislodge point. after dislodging some gas tanks onto the floor go back down and shoot these to get the key. the room is through some water with walkways either side red in colour. there is a 10 minute timer but you can totally ignore this, i have been at least 5 minutes over this timer and nothing happened.

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

here's a good tip start the level pressure now make your way to where the rifle is sitting on the table and back yourself againts the wall and this is where you'll get your 8min's acheve with ease.just learn the pattern of the aliens also remember that when you get to the last two aliens you'll need to run around the map and collect more ammo and med packs then make your way back to the table with the rifle on. i did this on single player and survived for 26min's)) and damn does it get hard at this point. hope this help's anyone finding this acheve a problem

Today I finally did it. I got all of the achievements of this game. First I did the Meat Grinder (kill 250 aliens in coop survivor ) with my brother and with help of this guide [ame=

]
[/ame] (THX to arukanet)

Next I survive 8 min in Single Survivor mode same way like xFMJxCOMMANDERx above, but only with time 8:04 :)

Finally I get through the level Vengeance less than 17 minutes (especialy 16:48)More Speed, Less Haste achiev. There is many ways to do it but I find the easiest way, where you have the speed and the ammo for defend at the same time. Here is guide and some tips: (first of all - do not explore any of the human dead bodies and dont take any credits, it takes a lot of time and try to memorize shortest ways to the key-spots)

Start the level and chose a pistol, try to run where is possible. Run directly to the first elevator (who goes down). Kill all the smallest aliens you encounter while running and take only the assault rifles (2), frag grenade (if you want) and large medkit (while first elevator arrive) accros the way. (in flooded Tunnel - corridor) After you go down with first elevator chose assault rifle (or shotgun) and walk straight to the elevator on the otherside, try not to stop and kill everything in your way. You have time to take one small medkit at the start and shotgun at the end of this corridor ,but quickly. When you get the second elevator up you find yourself in the flooded room, where you take only the keycard and kill everyone who will show you. After wall explosion go straight to the next room to use keycard on the locked door and take only the medkit in front of the destroyed wall. Kill everyone and take everything what you will find in the next flooded big room. After fast killing and taking go to the locked big door(next to the keycard door) and wait when alien destroy them. Quickly run across the obstacle (without killing anyone) and chose the pistol. Kill big alien and other small aliens while walking and if you have a time ,you can explore the dead body and take the shotgun in this corridor. There will be little cut-scene of the electro-kill the alien, after this quickly take a shotgun and kill the screamer alien. Next chose the flamethrower and run to the spot on the map(middle of corridor) while killing everyone run back through the way and then go to the other spot near the save-point (if you dont go that direct way you dont get the explosives). Next spot is the explosives and flooded room where you use them on the locked doors. After explosion use the other explosives on the next doors. Meanwhile counting you can take the stun grenade and project x gun. After cut-scene quickly chose the flamethrower and run back to the un-electrolized flooded room (check the map). Kill everyone who stand in your way and go straight to the right (change camera angle save-point will be left) between the two sentry guns. First sentry-gun (near the large medkit which you can take) destroy with near console. Ignore all the attacking aliens , sentry gun will take care of them. Second sentry gun quickly destroy with shotgun. There will be open doors after cutscene and quickly chose flamethrower or electrogun cause it will be pretty hard. This part is hardest and important but if you run fast straight across the corridor ,kill only the aliens who stand in your way ,it will saves you a lot of time (dont forget -go right across the open door - and up to the destroyed bridge). You must get to the destroyed bridge where will be cut scene. After this quickly kill everyone in the front and the back of the obstacle (fast killing = save a lot of time). Prefer the electrogun and project x gun. Next cut scene and you will be on the otherside of the destroyed bridge. Chose pistol or rifle and kill all small aliens + other aliens in the way and get straight (dont change camera angle - up and right) to the override console (Secret 4). Go near to the big locked doors and then go around to take the keycard (check the map). You can go inside the Secret room for the armor (with help of the Override console) but is not neccesary and it takes some time. Take the keycard and after use on the locked door go fast and straight to the save point where you should have the time to buy only the ammo and medkits if you havent enough. Next run to the big flooded room (try to ignore all aliens and spot on the map) and go right flooded room(save point on the left) where is keycard near the lockers. Take it go back to the flooded room where is locked door (check map) and use the card (try to kill only the aliens in your way and prefer the shotgun). Open the door and run trough the corridor near the spot on the map, but dont go to the spot which is left but across the bridge-fence (up - left after open door - up) to the next keycard (it saves you lot of time). You will find the keycard in the flooded ground (at the boxes on the left) , take it and quick chose the flamethrower to kill everyone who attack you. Quickly run back to the locked door (check the map) after killing, use the keycard on them. There will be the assault rifle next after the opened door, take it and run across the corridor (when assault rifle is down ,run up and left) until will shows you the cut-scene. After cutscene chose the flamethrower and run straight to the big elevator console and (its little bit maze but if you check the way to the elevator on the map you cant be lost) quickly press the button near the elevator. You will have 2 min. until the arrival of the elevator. Try to survive until elevator arrive , kill everyone who attack you and quickly get in the elevator (prefer flamethrower, assault rifle and shotgun).

Thats all, I hope this guide and tips will help you :) and sorry for grammar mistakes.

Edited by fumanchu