Final boss glitched **Spoilers**

colinp_uk

So, was playing Alien Breed Trilogy on rental.

Finished the first 2 on Elite no problem.

Third one was a bit more of a challenge (endless waves of aliens started to get a bit tedious) but finally got to the end when you confront Klein (floating eye thingy).

He launched his first salvo of rockets (which I deftly avoided). He then disappeared (eye closes?). I took this opportunity to run round picking up items.

30 seconds later, nothing happens.. hmm.

1 minutes late, still nothing.... Something wasn't right!

Start shooting randomly. Nope, nothing.

Reload checkpoint.

Avoid rockets... Nothing else happens.

Reload earlier checkpoint... avoid.. nothing.. etc.

Off to the internet and lets look at a YouTube video... hold on, that's not what I am seeing! On the YouTube video, there is a rotating machinery thing suspended above the eye - there is nothing like that on my screen - just empty space!

On YouTube, when the eye 'disappears' it looks like it retreats into the rotating machinery thing and a sphere then descends with lasers coming out of it.

So it looks like my game has somehow corrupted and 'forgotten' to load in the rotating machinery thing so I cannot progress any further in the boss fight.

Certainly can't be bothered playing through the entire game on elite again!

Can't find anyone else with this problem in the internet - why did it have to pick on me?

Very annoying!

• 1 year later...
So, was playing Alien Breed Trilogy on rental.

Finished the first 2 on Elite no problem.

Third one was a bit more of a challenge (endless waves of aliens started to get a bit tedious) but finally got to the end when you confront Klein (floating eye thingy).

He launched his first salvo of rockets (which I deftly avoided). He then disappeared (eye closes?). I took this opportunity to run round picking up items.

30 seconds later, nothing happens.. hmm.

1 minutes late, still nothing.... Something wasn't right!

Start shooting randomly. Nope, nothing.

Reload checkpoint.

Avoid rockets... Nothing else happens.

Reload earlier checkpoint... avoid.. nothing.. etc.

Off to the internet and lets look at a YouTube video... hold on, that's not what I am seeing! On the YouTube video, there is a rotating machinery thing suspended above the eye - there is nothing like that on my screen - just empty space!

On YouTube, when the eye 'disappears' it looks like it retreats into the rotating machinery thing and a sphere then descends with lasers coming out of it.

So it looks like my game has somehow corrupted and 'forgotten' to load in the rotating machinery thing so I cannot progress any further in the boss fight.

Certainly can't be bothered playing through the entire game on elite again!

Can't find anyone else with this problem in the internet - why did it have to pick on me?

Very annoying!

I have exactly the same problem. I'm not on Elite though, just playing through veteran. Did you ever find an answer / solution?

• 3 months later...
I have exactly the same problem. I'm not on Elite though, just playing through veteran. Did you ever find an answer / solution?

There seems to be a problem with the Disc release of these games as I've noticed several gamers having the same problem with Klien boss fight, I have played this game with the XBLA version and I didn't have the Klien glitch. The only sugestion I can give you folks is NOT to get the trilogy but to get them from xbla.