Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

Encyclopedia...explore the whole (90%) map...visit every tavern...thats BS! It's just artificially prolonging the game. It could have been fun, but as with everything else with this game it's just lazy designed.

Especially the explore the map thing...apparently it wasn't enough that Tales of Vesperia made uninvited love to my lower back...no "Assassins" Creed had to do it as well...

And one last thing: Fuck you, Norris! I hope you step on a lego!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only managed to put about 7/8 hours into this game so far, and theres one thing that stands out as a reason it seems to be so easy to get frustrated with AC3. Most of the common issues people have I haven't normally minded; the experience overall of the game has always been enough to make up for them in my opinion.

However, personally I think that although from a completion point of view adding extra/more difficult parameters to missions is fine; some of these have been fairly ridiculous when they haven't taken the time to consider how horrendously clunky and broken some of the mechanics you need to use to achieve them feel. I can certainly think of an easy example; when you're chasing Braddock during the Braddock expedition mission, there's an optional objective to blow up 3 carts while you give chase - I must have tried this about 20 times before I managed it simply because of how broken the controls of shooting on horseback are. Sometimes, despite having the barrels locked, pressing Y would just automatically stop my horse and point the gun at nothing behind me. Other times, despite actually physically watching Haytham reload his gun, this wouldn't register and I wouldn't have a shot for the next cart and Braddock would disappear into the sunset. Around half the time, I would manage to get the first shot off, only to have my horse stopped by an invisible wall covering the whole road where the cart had just been. I could go on, because this only covers about half the problems with this one mission.

Just makes the extra objectives often feel like an afterthought; its a game after all, it's meant to be fun, but just because someone is a completionist and likes to get achievements doesn't mean they should be punished for it. I could die all day doing something like Brass Balls on Bioshock, but if it was because every time I tried to shoot someone my hand turned around 180 degrees and shot the wall behind me I'd have snapped the disc before I finished it :).

The Giant and the Storm, final piece needed for 100% sync. Now I just had to call the all night window guy and get a new controller. Very pissed off.

Same. Mother fuck this mission in the goddamn ass. FUCKING retarded. Ruined the naval missions for me (otherwise thought they were cool).

Stupid stupid stupid.

What kept this game from being GOTY was the ridiculous amount of just stupid "stuff". I have 100% of single player and I've played every AC game to 100% (single player) and I think this one has the most just stupid stuff to do and collect and build and dumb board games and blah blah blah. I enjoyed the naval missions, but they aren't AC and if you are going for 100% it was all just tedious, IMO.

My only complaint is that sometimes the yellow triangle doesn't come up when you get shot at making it impossible to tell that someone is about to shoot. Aside from that any glitches have been aesthetic and my only issues come from being unsure how to complete some of the 100% reqs and having a slightly broken controller that makes hiding in most spots near impossible.

the only time that triangle comes up is when its an actual firing squad of like four redcoats or so taking aim at you. if its just one guy in your face with a gun it won't do it

I'm so sick of this already, they better not release anymore MP achievements, the MP is vastly overrated and became boring after 50 Brotherhood levels, and Ubisoft think there are way more people playing then there actually are.

50?! I just got to 15 today and I never want to play this shitty multiplayer again. AC multiplayer has been horrible ever since they originally forced it into the games and thus it remains. I said I would never play it again after the last game, but they tricked me into thinking I could actually get the achievements this time. And admittedly, I probably could...but I keep getting teamed up with idiots who don't play Wolfpack properly. As soon as the message comes up stating that we have targets, it becomes a cluster-fuck of people running after the same goddamn target and screwing everyone out of points and bonus time.

I understand wanting to steal kills from people because you're an asshole and you would rather get a measly 100 points instead of letting them get their 600, but we're placed on a team for a reason. Just a few minutes ago, one guy had 16 kills and I only 5, but I had at least 1000 more points than he did. If everyone would play steathily, leveling up would be much quicker. And I still can't get the "winning team" achievement because nobody works together on the other modes either. I am also notoriously bad at the other modes, so I try to stay away from them.

I think I am officially done with multiplayer now. I don't care nearly enough about achievements to keep dealing with this.

All I need to do now is scan Norris doing something other than mining or fiddling with the lantern.

I got pretty lucky with his entries. He was my last one, so I just set the environment to Summer and Always Daylight then just sat there and watched him for about 5 minutes. Whenever he went back into his shack, he would start on a new task once he came out.

Encyclopedia...explore the whole (90%) map...visit every tavern...thats BS! It's just artificially prolonging the game. It could have been fun, but as with everything else with this game it's just lazy designed.

That's the main thing I don't like about achievements. Not just in this game, but games in general. I just about get tarred and feathered anytime I bring it up on this site, but I think the achievements system is one of the worst things to ever be introduced to video games. Far too often, developers rely on them as an excuse to be lazy and uninspired because they know people will sink 20 hours into their half-assed game because of these meaningless little numbers that don't do a damn thing.

the only time that triangle comes up is when its an actual firing squad of like four redcoats or so taking aim at you. if its just one guy in your face with a gun it won't do it

That's not true. A yellow triangle still comes up if it's only one guy (it might be slightly different, but it's still a yellow triangle). When it's a firing squad, the camera will also go into a dynamic angle.

Edited by Murgatroyd7

*SPOILER*

Sequence 11... get to the boat... do all the stupid shit. Hop up top, throw a poison dart at the captain and jump off.

INSTANT mission complete... before the poison takes effect. Sequence blown, have to start it over.

Mother fuck these stupid fucking optional parameters. Ubisoft just lost a loyal customer over this garbage.

5 games... 5k gamer score... and I'm OUT. Fucking stupid time wasting bullshit.

Overall, I absolutely love this game & it's my GOTY, but there's just two things that annoyed me.

One is towards the end. I realise I'm picking holes, but Kenway's death also annoyed me. He knows the guy he's fighting has a blade on his wrist, so why does he strangle him while leaving his arms free? He's obviously going to stab him.

Also, I love how Connor gets beaten, stabbed and bloodied to hell in the fights with Haytham, and Charles Lee, yet in the next scenes, his Assassin's Outfit is spotless. Not a drop of blood anywhere.

After 100% here's my list:

1. No, I don't want to sit through your hour long credit sequence.

2. Too many of the club challenges are just stupid. There are so many more they could have done that would have actually been fun. Exploring the entire fucking Frontier? Who decided this?

3. Tedious missions (i.e. chase quests) are made even more tedious by adding "don't push anyone" optional parameters. Case in point: some of the optional stuff for a full sync surpass mere challenge and go into full annoyance. 3 powder stores anyone?

4. The horse, vital for covering ground faster in the Frontier, moves like it doesn't know how to even walk. It's hard to get anywhere in the hilly, rocky terrain.

5. General AC bitchyness, targeting is still annoying. Jumping off of shit I never wanted to jump off of is still annoying.

6. Entirely too many boring side quests. Who thought getting an assortment of random shit for people would be a fun thing to put into the game? I'm a fucking assassin. No I don't want to deliver your fucking letters.

7. Original. Fucking. Gamer. Can this seriously be any more cheap?

8. The beginning and end of this game are trash. It takes like 10 hours before you actually feel like you can play the game you bought. And by the end you feel so utterly helpless to kill Charles that it's just... stupid and unfulfilling.

9. The fact that viewpoints don't reveal the entire map for you really annoys me. Especially when you have to go riding through god knows where to try and find those last couple delivery/assasination missions tucked away in some corner of the Frontier.

When it finally got into it, around sequence 9, I enjoyed it. But that's way too long to be playing a game for it finally to feel fun. Like watching a television series and not enjoying it until the 9th episode. I will say that one new thing that I loved were the ship missions. Blowing men of war apart with fire shot never gets old.

Edited by JakJakAttacks

Really a dick move on ubisofts part to make us sit through the entire credits to get credit for beating the game...

I can understand giving credit where it's due but lets be realistic who the fuck is going to care or even remember who senior game art work developer is/was...

At least give the decency to allow the client to scroll down the credits faster, similar to borderlands...

We have had SO many glitches, and we're on sequence 9...people appearing and disappearing, targets not spawning where their markers are, invincible guards standing on unkillable horses, and assassins called into the middle of a roof or rock unable to move...and a quest in a restricted area where the red zone disappeared, we became incognito mid battle, and around 10 guys who were chasing us wound up crouched on a single barrel hopping around. Also the ability to swim against the sides of docks and direct enemies to shoot each other or chase you into the water...I could go on...

Sequence 4 - Avoiding midair collisions.

Really? I wouldn't mind this if the fucking eagle didn't control like a a drunk lemur. This game is really starting to annoy me with the completely fucking retarded "optional" objectives that you have NO OPTION of passing up on if you want to reach full synchronization. Let us play the game without jumping through your silly hoops.

I get to the end of the flying sequence where you are suppose to fly through what looks like a forest on fire, and it will not let me fly down. It keeps making me fly up and into the branches, thus failing. I have replayed this sequence countless times and it's the same fucking outcome. If they aren't going to let me fly down, then what is the point??????

Edited by CGPsaint

Sequence 4 - Avoiding midair collisions.

Really? I wouldn't mind this if the fucking eagle didn't control like a a drunk lemur. This game is really starting to annoy me with the completely fucking retarded "optional" objectives that you have NO OPTION of passing up on if you want to reach full synchronization. Let us play the game without jumping through your silly hoops.

I get to the end of the flying sequence where you are suppose to fly through what looks like a forest on fire, and it will not let me fly down. It keeps making me fly up and into the branches, thus failing. I have replayed this sequence countless times and it's the same fucking outcome. If they aren't going to let me fly down, then what is the point??????

Stay close to the bird.

I experienced control issues as well. If you don't follow the eagle closely, every now and then, a mysterious force will pull you back towards it, leaving you with a loss of control for a second or two. It took me awhile to figure out that if you stay close to the eagle, these momentary losses of control don't occur.

Stay close to the bird.

I experienced control issues as well. If you don't follow the eagle closely, every now and then, a mysterious force will pull you back towards it, leaving you with a loss of control for a second or two. It took me awhile to figure out that if you stay close to the eagle, these momentary losses of control don't occur.

I have tried that as well, but it seems that regardless of what I do, at the end where you are going through the burning forest, I have absolutely no control over the eagle. I can't go left, right, up or down. The eagle just flies up.

I have tried that as well, but it seems that regardless of what I do, at the end where you are going through the burning forest, I have absolutely no control over the eagle. I can't go left, right, up or down. The eagle just flies up.

That sucks man. Sorry. I don't know what to tell you, the very first time I played it I got it 100%. On accident.

I'm on Sequence 5 right now and I'm already contemplating quitting. My problem right now is the walking/running in this game. I can't run a few seconds without randomly stopping and its driving me insane getting these almanac pages. I'm amazed this is even an issue. I'm never buying another Assassin's Creed game again.

I'm on Sequence 5 right now and I'm already contemplating quitting. My problem right now is the walking/running in this game. I can't run a few seconds without randomly stopping and its driving me insane getting these almanac pages. I'm amazed this is even an issue. I'm never buying another Assassin's Creed game again.

I completed the game today and i have to say i was ready for quitting.The combat controls are very poor compared to the other games.And it took me forever to get some of the objectives to get perfectionist.Very frustating game.

I completed the game today and i have to say i was ready for quitting.The combat controls are very poor compared to the other games.And it took me forever to get some of the objectives to get perfectionist.Very frustating game.

I second this, apart from the fact that the game was just plain boring and set in an architecturally uninteresting location. The main problem I had was that the controls were just so slow, unresponsive and poorly thought out. Ubisoft would do well to learn from Rocksteady with the Batman Games. That's how 3rd person action Games should feel.

I really wish people would learn how to play wolfpack. It seems to have gotten much worse after Christmas -- I guess a lot of people I'm playing with recently just got the game. Most of the things that are bothering me are people just running around killing without building up their approach meter and stealing my kills. I can't count how many times I'm following a single target, building up my meter, and some douche bag runs up behind me and steals my kill.

Really a dick move on ubisofts part to make us sit through the entire credits to get credit for beating the game...

I can understand giving credit where it's due but lets be realistic who the fuck is going to care or even remember who senior game art work developer is/was...

At least give the decency to allow the client to scroll down the credits faster, similar to borderlands...

This.

Fucking asshole move to make the unskippable credits from acr even longer after all the bitching.

Also some of the "optional objectives" are a bit ridiculous...im looking at you Giant and the storm/ sequence 12-2.

Otherwise a fantastic game. Not quite as good as ac2 but its close.

*Steps on Soapbox*

I just bought ACIII from GameStop with some Gift Cards I got for Christmas. I just started playing the other day and I can't tell if I love the game, or absolutely hate it. Now mind you, I'm a DIE HARD fan of this Franchise but I'm just so...I don't even have a word for it. I'll start from the top:

1.) Why does it seem like they half-assed the graphics? Or is the game THAT glitchy that it just appears that way?

2.) GLITCHY! What the f*** is with the Horses? Never mind Connor's crappy attempt at Free Running! Why can't we grab onto things like in previous AC games with :bbut:?

3.) I don't like the feel of the controls either. Holding down :lbbut: to open the Assassin's Guild is strange, and the Assassin's Guild is strange too! They could have at least included a tutorial on it since it's completely different than Revelations. I'm so confused by the Menu I feel stupid!

4.) On the subject of crappy menus, the actual Menu itself is somewhat confusing! And the map! Why the hell did they change all of the controls around?

5.) The Accounting Log, I dunno but I can't figure that s*** out no matter what I do. It's confusing as hell, especially the Convoy's thing.

6.) Why does it seem like they upped the difficulty on the game? Guards are detecting me that normally wouldn't, and the full synchronization objectives are difficult on quite a few sequences!

7.) The Tree's. Now sometimes I can figure out which side to "hop" to because it'll just feel natural, but Connor is an idiot and has "hopped" to his death on quite a few occasions on me.

8.) Where the HELL are my potions?!

9.) Obtaining money in this game is the biggest b**** ever. I'd love to buy some new weapons, but I can't do that if I can't make ANY MONEY!

10.) The fighting system is TERRIBLE. It seems so damn complicated that I'm having a hard time doing anything.

*Steps off of Soap Box*

I don't know, I'm so frustrated but I like the story line, but I hate the game play, but I like certain aspects...arghhhhh!

I don’t even KNOW anymore.