Ive been scammed !

Artful Dodger

Keep bothering them. Keep sending e-mails, keep calling them.

And next time you buy something online, check first if they are reliable, what experiences other people had when they purchased something from a store.

It happened to me once, and never again. Sad to say calling and e-mailing had absolutely no effect at all in my case. For work I had to go to an office building for lawyers, and I asked if I could make a phone call. They left me alone in a room with a phone, and I called the company, impersonating a lawyer and threatened they'd be dragged to court if they did not return my money at once. After that, I worked for an hour, and it took another hour to get home. I then checked my bank account, and I got my money back.

Keep bothering them, sending emails and calling them will only waste your life. They arent going to care so I wouldnt bother with that.

Keep bothering them, sending emails and calling them will only waste your life. They arent going to care so I wouldnt bother with that.

It worked wonders for three of my acquaintances, so I wouldn't be so fast with the waste of time stamp.

If you want your money back from scammers, you're going to have to put some effort in it. Sitting back and waiting for them to turn honest again seems way more of a waste of time.

It worked wonders for three of my acquaintances, so I wouldn't be so fast with the waste of time stamp.

If you want your money back from scammers, you're going to have to put some effort in it. Sitting back and waiting for them to turn honest again seems way more of a waste of time.

Sitting back? Depends on what you mean by that. If you are literally sitting doing nothing, waiting for them to call you or something then yes that is a waste of time, but no one would do that. But if you go on with your life and every once in a while hope they will return it again (or erase it from your mind) then that is not a single second wasted, unlike calling them and emailing them over and over. I would be more mad at myself than the scammers if I was in his position. He didnt bother to check how good the site was.

Sitting back? Depends on what you mean by that. If you are literally sitting doing nothing, waiting for them to call you or something then yes that is a waste of time, but no one would do that. But if you go on with your life and every once in a while hope they will return it again (or erase it from your mind) then that is not a single second wasted, unlike calling them and emailing them over and over. I would be more mad at myself than the scammers if I was in his position. He didnt bother to check how good the site was.

OP asked for suggestions about getting his money back. Hoping and forgetting about it isn't going to bring back the money on his doorstep.

People reply in this thread with their suggestions to help him out, not to be criticised by you. It's about him and the problem he has right now.

I don't see how you wish to contribute to this thread with your replies, if you wanted to at all.

I would go to your bank and tell them what you have told us. They will probably close your bank account and transfer you to another account.

I don't think you'll get your money back and for £25, I don't think legal action would be the right option thinking of all the court fees you'd need to pay, etc.

Just before you buy, type in the company name into google and just use this ordeal as to be more careful. If anything from a website that sounds too good to be true, probably is!

OP asked for suggestions about getting his money back. Hoping and forgetting about it isn't going to bring back the money on his doorstep.

The problem is there is pretty much no way he will get his money back. At best he can report the site/company for fraud and they will be subject to criminal charges but he still won't get his money back. Any lawsuit (other then a class-action suit with other people scammed) will cost more then he will get back. Even a class-action suit (if they even have those in the UK) is unlikely to get him any returns. Unless his debit card providers have an anti-fraud policy that he can utilize the money is gone. Period. Spending time trying to get it back is a waste of time and resources. The only thing he can do now is use this as a learning experience.

1) File dispute with your credit card company. (showing them proof that its fake)

2) Contact Google via e-mail/phone to make sure they take the site down (show them proof regarding the site)

3) Wait a month and money should be refunded on your next billing cycle.

99% of credit card /debit card companies have a refund policy so this shouldn't be a problem for you to receive your money back.

The problem is there is pretty much no way he will get his money back.

Where do you get this information from? Have you ever had this kind of dispute before? Have you filed with your Credit card/ Debit card company before?

Well here are my experiences -

I had my debit card numbers stolen after ordering food on the phone, they used $250 at a store and I filed dispute and got all money refunded on my next billing cycle.

My fiance's father got into some traveling scam where they told him his going to be traveling all over Europe for a very cheap price of $2,300 for a 3 weeks all inclusive hotels and traveling by boat. This was obviously a fraud and the site was a fraud, I told him file a dispute with credit card company and 1 month later he received his money back.

My brother ordered shoes online payed $170 for 2 pairs, they said they will deliver within 1 week and 1 month later nothing, so I told him to cancel and they said that the order had been sent out already and they cant. I told him file a dispute with Credit Card company and he got his money back the next billing cycle. By the way the shoes never shipped :).